PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

+14
nick_76
FrontosaDude
JimA
Betty
Lamental Jester
Salzabar
Gryphon
jrmakawoody
lars on
Anthraxx
lloyd378
pbmax
BillHN
PokeSephiroth
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project) - Page 4 Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

Post  Guest 2013-07-13, 13:01

SiRWesDragon wrote:without the wife/girlfriend bitching or nagging at you.

I hear this crap all the time. Why are you with someone who treats your hobby this way? And transitively, is dismissing, teasing, degrading, ect you by doing so. Not much of a relationship if your "partner" normally treats you that way. Or if your expectation is set to "nagging/bitching".

My Fiancee got us started w/ a 10g in the Bathroom, and now we have 14 inside tanks. And 5 tanks set-up outside. And a kiddie pool for breeding her goldfish.
There are women (and gay men) who keep fish. And are as crazy about it as many of us are. You just have to find one.

Angelo's right. TEAMWORK = A+.

Back to top Go down

PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project) - Page 4 Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-13, 13:43

I'm really lucky to have a partner who is really supportive of the things I enjoy, from fire spinning to fish keeping. While I support him with the things he enjoys, politics. Granted... I was not fond of politics before I met my partner (I still am not really into it... but I help when I can!)

I really do feel like if you're going into a hobby and your significant other isn't supportive of it (they don't have to like it per se, but just be supportive at least)... then your hobby starts to suffer, and you end up not being happy with it. :\
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-13, 13:58

PokeSephiroth wrote:I'm really lucky to have a partner who is really supportive of the things I enjoy, from fire spinning to fish keeping. While I support him with the things he enjoys, politics. Granted... I was not fond of politics before I met my partner (I still am not really into it... but I help when I can!)

I really do feel like if you're going into a hobby and your significant other isn't supportive of it (they don't have to like it per se, but just be supportive at least)... then your hobby starts to suffer, and you end up not being happy with it. :\

Plus One I can relate:)

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-26, 22:00

Here's a followup video of the 36 Gallon Bowfront Tank. There are some minor changes in the aquascape since the last time I posted pictures of it. Hope ya likies!

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-07-26, 22:06

Looking good! What happened to the other 5 lbs of spiral Val? Lol!
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-26, 22:33

jrmakawoody: it's in the 100 gallon in the garage. I'm waiting for it to grow longer,and then I will add more in this tank Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-07-26, 22:56

I figured! When are you going to plant that 100 gallon giant and move it inside?
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-26, 23:07

prolly never. the glass is stained and no matter how much I clean it, it still looks foggy, and it's like...scratched beyond belief. I might just keep it as a huge quarantine tank or holding tank... or I just might sell it. We'll see. hehehe
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-26, 23:29

Guest wrote:
SiRWesDragon wrote:without the wife/girlfriend bitching or nagging at you.

I hear this crap all the time. Why are you with someone who treats your hobby this way? And transitively, is dismissing, teasing, degrading, ect you by doing so. Not much of a relationship if your "partner" normally treats you that way. Or if your expectation is set to "nagging/bitching".

My Fiancee got us started w/ a 10g in the Bathroom, and now weintohave 14 inside tanks. And 5 tanks set-up outside. And a kiddie pool for breeding her goldfish.
There are women (and gay men) who keep fish. And are as crazy about it as many of us are. You just have to find one.

Angelo's right. TEAMWORK = A+.

Cant find another wife. She everything I wanted in a wife. Generous, beautiful,  kind, mother of my kids,  and soul mate.  She just sees my hobby has a distraction from the family. I dont blame her at times cause when im come home I work on my tank projects or chilling upstairs with my half planted 35gal, future 29gal angel planted tank,  and shrimp tank figuring out whats next to get or change the design. You know you have been there. She was like that when I got into reptiles years ago. Hence the tag name. She got over it plus I finished my projects before the kids came to our lives. I got into the aquatic hobby not long ago (last winter). From 1 tank to 4 tanks. My friends think I obsessed. Lol they dont know you what you guys have.

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-26, 23:40

You know what needs to happen next? Get your kids involved in keeping fish as well once they're old enough ;-) Bwaaaaahahahaha, then your wife really can't complain about it, because you'd be spending time with your kids, or they're off taking care of their own fish LOL!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-26, 23:48

PokeSephiroth wrote:You know what needs to happen next? Get your kids involved in keeping fish as well once they're old enough ;-) Bwaaaaahahahaha, then your wife really can't complain about it, because you'd be spending time with your kids, or they're off taking care of their own fish LOL!

Thats the plan when they are old enough.  Want to take them fishing and someday have them have pet fishes. Not now 6 and 4 yr olds. Dont want to clean their fish tanks. Wont teach them to be responsible if I cleaned their tanks. You know what I mean.

The thing is I got the 35gal tank using my kids to say they want fishes it was around the holidays. My kids care less about fish. Its dora or power rangers or wii. Someday they will like my hobby. Especially when we going fishing as a family trip. Spot On 

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2013-07-26, 23:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-26, 23:51

Almost fell asleep Angelo, not because it was bad- because it was serene. Very nice set up , love all the lil fish too. Your videos are evolving nicely, totally can tell the work you put in editing:)

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-27, 00:03

theChad: Hehehe awwwww shucks, well thanks! That's usually what I aim for, nice relaxing videos (aside from my fire spinning videos hahaha) . . . I'm glad that it was able to make you relax and just drift off to sleepy land Smile

Thank you for always watching my videos whenever I post up a new one!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-27, 00:36

Oh. Wanted to ask your crayfish has it killed and eaten any of your shrimps or fishes. Want one in my planted community tank but afraid that it will eat the fishes

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-27, 00:47

I've never had any problems with Dwarf Cajun Crayfish. They stay so small (if you look at the size of the crayfish that's right next to a red cherry shrimp, you can compare sizes) that one was a fully grown adult.

They also don't eat any of the plants, and least mine haven't . . . so yeah, relatively safe to have in my tanks.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-27, 00:58

Where did you get it? I want one.

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-27, 01:01

I got all of mine from pbmax, not sure if he has any more though... never hurts to ask him though Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-27, 01:48

Damn he lives deep. Im from maple valley. Hes in Olympia. Did you go there to get it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-27, 01:54

Looks great Poke. Spot On 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-27, 02:01

Yep, I drove down there, since i'm in Bremerton, it wasn't too far a drive... well okay it was far, but definitely worth it!

Madness, Thanks!! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-27, 12:00

Madness are you getting fredieb's 360 gal tank? You seemed interested.

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-07-27, 12:24

PokeSephiroth wrote:I got all of mine from pbmax, not sure if he has any more though... never hurts to ask him though Very Happy

Unfortunately my dwarf cajun colony has gone the way of the dodo. I've had spotty luck with these guys over several years - sometimes they thrive, sometimes not so much. Ebay is a good place to look for these guys, as is aquabid. Prices including shipping are usually less than $40 for several.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-07-27, 12:30

SiRWesDragon wrote:Madness are you getting fredieb's 360 gal tank? You seemed interested.

no I am not I asked him several times to send me pictures and information and I never received anything so I'm buying another tank from someone else.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-27, 12:38

pbmax wrote:
PokeSephiroth wrote:I got all of mine from pbmax, not sure if he has any more though... never hurts to ask him though Very Happy

Unfortunately my dwarf cajun colony has gone the way of the dodo.  I've had spotty luck with these guys over several years - sometimes they thrive, sometimes not so much.  Ebay is a good place to look for these guys, as is aquabid.  Prices including shipping are usually less than $40 for several.

How unfortunate Sad they're so cool to watch. They definitely have more character to them than shrimp. Some are more aggressive than others, some are really docile. I have one cray that acts like he's so tough and flaunts his claws around, kinda like "You talkin' to me? Are you...talkin' to me??? I'm gonna F you up foo!" LOL...

Then I have another one that defends his little tiny cave, like it's the only shelter he will ever have. They're so comical to watch:)
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-07-27, 15:23

They are a kick to watch. Smile I have one left that I'm aware of, possibly a couple more little ones.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-27, 16:11

pbmax: oh man, I sure hope they make a comeback for you Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-06-04, 13:05

New updated video of the 36 Gallon Bowfront! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-06-04, 13:21

Wow, could not believe it had been so long since you had set this one up! Nice update video, looking good!  Spot On 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-06-04, 13:29

DMD123, Thanks! And wow, I didn't realize it had been that long either! Geez... It sure has changed quite a bit in the 1 year it has been up. Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-06-05, 08:14

Very nice Poke.  You've done a great job with the aquascape.  As I was watching I noticed how clean and crisp all the plants where. That along with the lighting highlighting the background plants and the sand area. Gentle flowing fish, soft music, then it was ZzzZzzZzz. Lol!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-06-21, 22:53

Thanks fishNAbowl! I didn't realize there was a post on this topic. I didn't get an email or notification or anything like that. Weird... anyway.......
I'm glad my videos put you at ease! Hahaha, that's kind of what I've been going for. Nice, relaxing, aquatic videos. Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-06-22, 07:32

That tank still looks awesome. I miss the big amazon sword but it seems plenty full of plants without it. Great job on this project Angelo.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-06-23, 12:34

Thank you, Donna! Smile I do miss the large Amazon Sword.... the Amazon Sword that you see in the tank now, is actually the same plant, but I ended up cutting waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of the older leaves, because it was just taking over the entire tank, basically pushing all the fish up against the glass LOL!!! Poor things =P

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4