PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

+14
nick_76
FrontosaDude
JimA
Betty
Lamental Jester
Salzabar
Gryphon
jrmakawoody
lars on
Anthraxx
lloyd378
pbmax
BillHN
PokeSephiroth
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project) - Page 3 Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-17, 11:39

When money starts to flow in. lol Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project) - Page 3 Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

Post  pbmax 2013-03-17, 13:11

Fair enough. Smile I hope the tank thrives for you!
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-17, 16:01

Thanks! I'll keep ya posted! Smile If anything, once the 20 gallon long Walstad tank establishes, and plant growth becomes thicker, I might just transfer the CPDs into that... =D
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-03-17, 17:00

PokeSephiroth wrote:Thanks! I'll keep ya posted! Smile If anything, once the 20 gallon long Walstad tank establishes, and plant growth becomes thicker, I might just transfer the CPDs into that... =D
Everyone I know is doing a Walstad now... gee I wonder why, tee hee Wink
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-17, 17:06

ALL BECAUSE OF YOOOOOOOOU...... You make it look easy!! EZ!!! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-03-17, 17:12

Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-03-17, 17:46

Blah. I had a walstad when y'all were still in diapers. Where's my PBR...
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-17, 17:59

pbmax, hahahaha, we were still in fishkeeping 101 at the time. =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-03-17, 18:17

pbmax wrote:Blah. I had a walstad when y'all were still in diapers. Where's my PBR...
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-03-17, 18:22

pbmax wrote:Where's my PBR...
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-17, 18:24

TROLOLOLOL!!!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-03-17, 18:29

Nice, cept he's got way more hair than I do. Suspect
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-23, 22:00

Some of you must be wondering how the heck I clean the tank, water changes and the like... well, here's how! Smile

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-03-23, 23:30

Just make sure the drain hose aims away from the house to keep that water from pooling at your foundation.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-23, 23:34

afro . o O Now ur just showing off!

I love DYI ingenuity!

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-24, 01:17

Salzabar, good point! I originally have it set to just go out on the grass, but I mowed the lawn not too long ago so I moved it away from the grass, and forgot to move it back. Thanks though!

theChad, DIY rocks! Very Happy Still thinking of other stuffs to do for the tank! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-03-25, 22:25

Freakin COOOL!!!
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FrontosaDude 2013-03-26, 11:58

That is one awesome place for a tank it fits perfectly!! You should totally paint the trim and front of the light a dark red color with white lines to match the brick! Very Happy
FrontosaDude
FrontosaDude
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  FrontosaDude 2013-03-26, 12:07

hahah no way I just watched the video of how you drain the tank that's too cool!!...oh and the wood trim looks good, I didn't realize that I had only viewed the first page, only saw the tank in its early stages before realizing there were 5 more pages on this thread lol! It turned out looking great!
FrontosaDude
FrontosaDude
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-03-26, 23:13

FrontosaDude, ahhahahahaha I was about to say... "but... you can't even see the light fixture..." LOL!!! Luckily you saw the other pages hahaha, thanks!! Very Happy
jrmakawoody, thank yas! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-01, 23:40

Post Update!
Alright, I had these pussy willow thingers that "light up" with a timer on them, they still use batteries, so I'll have to tinker around with that and see if I can just convert them into a plug-in type deal.

But yes, they definitely do add to the overall appearance to the aquarium w/o being too distracting. They look even better at night Very Happy[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-01, 23:55

Me likey! Now 1 more thing possibly... Relocate the lid handle to the other side of the wood for a crisp clean look.

Looks great! Your hard work has definitely paid off, and then some. If it wasn't brand new I totally would talk my better half into letting me rip out my gas insert and placing a cube 50 or something in my fire place...

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-02, 00:09

theChad, thanks!! As for the handle, I would if I could. But if the handle is too far back (to fit behind the wooden frame), I wouldn't be able to lift the glass panel, because the handle would be resting too close to the hindge... believe me, I've thought about it, through and through. LOL.

I'd definitely would be hesitant as well if I were in your shoes. Perhaps there's another interesting project you could work on, around the house, where you can convert something into an aquarium! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-02, 00:41

PokeSephiroth wrote:theChad, thanks!! As for the handle, I would if I could. But if the handle is too far back (to fit behind the wooden frame), I wouldn't be able to lift the glass panel, because the handle would be resting too close to the hindge... believe me, I've thought about it, through and through. LOL.

I'd definitely would be hesitant as well if I were in your shoes. Perhaps there's another interesting project you could work on, around the house, where you can convert something into an aquarium! Smile

Perhaps in a couple years....

We just built and moved into our 1st home last August. My wife literally EXPLODED when she found out I DRILLED a hole in the wall for the drain for my auto water change/drip system. So, I think I'll just wait for any extensive projects...

I think this is the best DYI integrated set up I've ever seen.

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-02, 01:26

theChad, yiiiiiiiikes!!! That's .... hoooo boy, you've got lots of brownie points to earn back, mister! Hahahaha!!!

Thank you! I really couldn't have done it without the help of all of you, and for my wonderful and supporting boyfriend, who helped me with all the hardware stuffs. =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-04-02, 01:26

Must....resist....converting things....into...fish....tanks...
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-02, 01:40

jrmakawoody................................... desk lamp? PRESTO! Desk Lamp Aquarium! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Microwave?? . . . . AQUARIUMIZE IT!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Toilet??? . . . . YOU KNOW THE DRILL!!! Very Happy

Trolololololol!!! Very Happy~~~
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-02, 07:45

Nice! This would make a good home for a school of micro fish! A Beta, or perhaps Killi fish. Going to look into this!

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-04-02, 09:42

While we're on the topic, they should be selling those betta vases with shrimp in them instead at the mall kiosks like they used to. Admittedly I haven't seen any of these in years (possibly because I rarely go to malls), but shrimp would do a lot better in one of those setups than fish would. cyclops
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-04-02, 14:30

theChad wrote:Perhaps in a couple years....

We just built and moved into our 1st home last August. My wife literally EXPLODED when she found out I DRILLED a hole in the wall for the drain for my auto water change/drip system. So, I think I'll just wait for any extensive projects...

doesnt she know...the whole purpose of owning your own home is so you can knock holes in the walls to accomodate your hobbies without having some 'splainin to do to the landlord?

/cue the scene in step brothers where they convert the beds to bunk beds.....so much room for activities now! >crash!!
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-02, 14:55

nick_76 wrote:
theChad wrote:Perhaps in a couple years....

doesnt she know...the whole purpose of owning your own home is so you can knock holes in the walls to accomodate your hobbies without having some 'splainin to do to the landlord?

/cue the scene in step brothers where they convert the beds to bunk beds.....so much room for activities now! >crash!!

Sure, I explained it...

Just should of waited till the paint was dry and that new home smell was gone Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-04-02, 19:01

The lamp thing IS going to happen...
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-02, 19:10

jrmakawoody, yeeeeeees... very, very goooood *maniacal laughter*
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-10, 23:37

Some new pictures!

I went and took out the huge amazon sword plant I had growing in my 20 gallon walstad tank and decided to replant it in the 36 gallon bowfront tank, and I think it turned out looking better in its new home! I expect some of the leaves melting, but I'm hoping it doesn't melt TOO much. Anyway, here's an updated picture of the 36 gallon tank with its new inhabitant!

*note, the broad leaves kinda look like green fire, which totally fits with the fireplace aquarium! I'm totally loving it. I can't believe that thing was even growing in my 20 gallon long. I mean, I knew it was there, but I didn't think it was THAT big! Geez! Very Happy

LOOK! LOOK HOW BIG IT IS!!!
(Ugh, stupid iphones and their ability to auto-rotate pictures. GRRRR...)
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-11, 00:44

The Amazon is a perfect center piece plant for that tank. Looks awesome!!

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-11, 10:55

Thanks theChad!! Very Happy the water is still a bit cloudy (I'm surprised it isn't crystal clear yet. Blerg. Perhaps another water change is in order.... but I just changed the water like...2 days ago! Head Wall 
Hahahaha
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-11, 15:31

I change my water every day, after moving stuff around, until it's clear. silent 

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-07-11, 15:44

Oh look, it's another pic of poke with his mouth open, what a shocker Wink

Plus One on the amazon addition, I think it improves the tank tenfold
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-11, 16:06

Are you kidding me? Posing with my mouth open is like, my signature pose. =P

Thanks!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-11, 16:13

He IS Asian... No "peace" sigh too? And shouldn't your pose be more Anime-ted. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-07-11, 16:20

PvtPain66k wrote:He IS Asian... No "peace" sigh too? And shouldn't your pose be more Anime-ted. Razz

He's Filipino.... sooooo sorta Asian Wink
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-11, 16:22

Asian?? You're clearly mistaken. I'm mexican.

Angelo GARCIA.

Okay I'm filipino.

But still. =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-11, 19:05

...Filixacan? Mexipino?
Now I'm just lost... No
^___^

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-12, 00:00

Easy, I'm Angelo. Simple as that. Very Happy

whatisthisidonteven...
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-12, 14:23

EEEH! ANGELO!...
Wait.
You're NOT Italian?
^____________^

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-12, 14:43

Nope... BUT... I do like me some pizza! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-12, 19:44

looks good!

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-13, 03:21

Thank you! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-07-13, 04:29

Talented pinoy brother. Nice tank thats fixing your home like how you like it without the wife/girlfriend bitching or nagging at you. Great job.

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-07-13, 04:37

Boyfriend, actually. But that's just a small detail.

He actually helped me out make this project happen. Teamwork! A+
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next