Kaosu
DMD123
Addicted2CAs
Aquarium Co-Op
10 posters

Go down

Dry Goods Request Thread Empty Dry Goods Request Thread

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-04, 15:41

Here you can put in a request for dry goods. Things you can't find locally possibly? Or larger quantities? I'll see what I can do for ya. This will help me shape what to keep in stock until the store is open. Thinking about bringing in sponge filters, heaters etc.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Dry Goods Request Thread Empty Re: Dry Goods Request Thread

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-04, 16:25

Possibly some NLS? The bigger sizes in particular? I know petco carries a few and they are pricey. Have not seen the bigger fish NLS locally though.
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-04, 16:27

I need to try again with them. NLS as a company has been hard to deal with. Thats why most LFS don't stock them. None of the local wholesalers want to touch them either.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-04, 20:08

Ahh thats a shame, I like their food. Thanks for trying man!
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-05, 11:45

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:I need to try again with them. NLS as a company has been hard to deal with. Thats why most LFS don't stock them. None of the local wholesalers want to touch them either.

Where is RD when you need him? jocolor

I end up getting my NLS on-line and in a pinch I get a small container from Petco. I do use Omega One also, any possibility you will stock any of their products?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-05, 11:57

DMD123 wrote:
Aquarium Co-Op wrote:I need to try again with them. NLS as a company has been hard to deal with. Thats why most LFS don't stock them. None of the local wholesalers want to touch them either.

Where is RD when you need him? jocolor

I end up getting my NLS on-line and in a pinch I get a small container from Petco. I do use Omega One also, any possibility you will stock any of their products?

Online is always an option for sure, would just rather support the smaller local guy. Good call, I'd be interested in some Omega One aswell.
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-05, 15:42

I haven't looked into Omega one yet.

So far I already do carry Repashy Super Foods, and I will carry Hikari in store/ before the store opens by request.

New life spectrum got back to me. It's possibly I can order from them there's just a large minimum order for it being a food order. Also they haven't given me prices yet, so that will probably make the decision.

I myself and a couple other people I know have had a hard time getting their fish onto omega foods. I've tried them several times. The fish seem to be reluctant to eat it.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-12-05, 15:53

I feed all my fish Omega One..they love it. ..so another vote for Omega One.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-05, 18:07

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:I myself and a couple other people I know have had a hard time getting their fish onto omega foods. I've tried them several times. The fish seem to be reluctant to eat it.

Ive used Omega One for years and have not had that issue. Their Algae wafers have to be one of the best on the market. All my fish will eat this including my hoga and a large midas I used to have in the past. I break these up and have a feeding frenzy over these. The only issue I have with their products are the flakes. You seem to only get half a can of usable flake and half a can of powder to feed fry. The flakes needs to be just a little more durable and consistent. I do like the Tetra crisps for this reason, but they are just a bit too small.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-12-05, 18:15

I really like the extreme products. NLS would be nice also. I have also purchased some food in bulk from this guy: http://premiumfishfood.com/

My fish love it and it is very reasonably priced.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-05, 18:19

I like the Xtreme also.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2012-12-06, 11:35

Forgot about that Extreme, would love to try it. So another vote on the extreme!
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-12-10, 16:03

looking for some good gold fish good..maybe kens veggie sticks?

Looking for something for a staple food, less than 30% protean ..quality ingredients..little to no filler.

let me know what you have ^_^
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyurae 2012-12-10, 16:13

Omega One as well. Even the other trending foods seem to have byproduct, meal, corn, wheat, more than Omega One, despite how much people rave about them.

Tetra's TropiColor Crisps have been my staple, though. The Omega One flakes seem to be ignored. When I switched to Omega One tropical flakes from the crisps for a while, everyone seemed to be overall less healthy. Might have been coincidence.
Fyurae
Fyurae
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-12-10, 22:30

i know a lot of you guys really like omega one, but to be honest the consistency of the product overall i find rather unsettling, ive found massive chunks of fish bones/chunks of w.e they put in there in my foods. so much so that i actually stopped feeding it all together (lost a cpl fish to swallowing small bones and dying from bloat/internal distress. granted if your keeping big huge fish its probably no big deal. ive tried going back to it but honestly the same issue keeps occuring. last time i was so angry with em i bothered calling alaska to complain (and get a refund) i personally wont mess with it anymore. its all hikari and NLS or dainichi for me. now a nice spirulina flake would be great! Smile anyways gl and sry to be debbie downer here.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2012-12-11, 00:20

I feed Nutrafin Max Spirulina (40% spirulina) and have to mail order it. I would still have to do that with the co-op so not sure if it would work out for me but I highly recommend the food.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-03, 20:13

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:Here you can put in a request for dry goods. Things you can't find locally possibly? Or larger quantities? I'll see what I can do for ya. This will help me shape what to keep in stock until the store is open. Thinking about bringing in sponge filters, heaters etc.
Did you decide to do the sponge filters? Replacement sponges would be great as well. My plecos are rough on my sponges and I'm in need of a couple more.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-04-03, 21:45

Egg tumblers! And spirulina is the miracle food, so +1 to getting that. I ordered a bunch of food from kensfish.com, though the algae wafers are garbage compared to any other brand. He sells most of the brands listed above, though obviously they are marked up a little. Just need to buy containers to sell it in...
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-04-04, 00:06

Betty wrote:
Aquarium Co-Op wrote:Here you can put in a request for dry goods. Things you can't find locally possibly? Or larger quantities? I'll see what I can do for ya. This will help me shape what to keep in stock until the store is open. Thinking about bringing in sponge filters, heaters etc.
Did you decide to do the sponge filters? Replacement sponges would be great as well. My plecos are rough on my sponges and I'm in need of a couple more.

I carry sponge filters, not replacements, but 3 diff sizes, 5, 6, and 8 dollars.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down