IF YOU KEEP SHRIMP, READ THIS!!!!!

+2
Gizmo
Seattle_Aquarist
6 posters

Go down

IF YOU KEEP SHRIMP, READ THIS!!!!! Empty IF YOU KEEP SHRIMP, READ THIS!!!!!

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-11-19, 14:06

Courtesy of the AGA Forum: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IF YOU KEEP SHRIMP, READ THIS!!!!!

Someone on APC recently lost a tank full of expensive shrimp. I guess it has happened several times in the UK too. PLEASE READ and take heed!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

IF YOU KEEP SHRIMP, READ THIS!!!!! Empty Re: IF YOU KEEP SHRIMP, READ THIS!!!!!

Post  Gizmo 2012-11-19, 19:40

Good info, thanks!
Gizmo
Gizmo
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  CherokeeNative 2012-11-22, 01:26

Anyone breeding freshwater shrimp? I am thinking of getting a few for my planted tank. If anyone knows where to buy them local, can you let me know? Thanks. Very Happy

CherokeeNative
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-11-23, 16:06

a user that goes by the name "pbmax" lives in Olympia, and he sells Red Cherry Shrimp, Malawa Shrimp, and Dwarf Cajun Crayfish, he also sells some aquatic plants here and there. Give him a PM and see what else he might be willing to sell.

I've bought shrimp and crayfish from him several times now, and they're all doing great! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-11-23, 17:28

If your located in edmonds i can sell you red cherry shrimp. Several people on gsas airstone email forum also sell shrimp.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-11-23, 17:58

Kaosu also sells tiger shrimp.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CherokeeNative 2012-11-24, 22:35

Thanks everyone.

Hobby - How much are you wanting for your cherry shrimp? I live in Olympia and haven't a clue where Edmonds is Embarassed

Eventually, I am hoping to obtain a few Cardinal shrimp, but right now, I will take whatever I can find that are healthy egg laying (not the larve) species. I could watch these little fellows for hours....and have been doing so on You Tube - time to get some of my own. LOL

What is "gsas airstone email"?

I PMd PBmax to see what he has since he is the most local to me.

Again, thank you all for your input and sharing.

CherokeeNative
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-11-24, 23:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the greater seattle aquarium societys website. they have an email based web forum that is very active. you have to sign up to be on it, but you do not have to be a paying member to use it. however being a paying member gets you a discount card to sponser stores, info on that is also on there site.. they just had a lecture about shrimp. membership if i remember is $15 a year.

i'll send you a pm about the shrimp
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-11-25, 13:03

That's interesting (and somewhat frightening) information; thanks for sharing the link.

Thankfully, this doesn't seem to be the case with the tissue-culture plants they sell at petsmart and petco. I've been buying these off and on for years (only the pure-aquatic types) and I just bought some new top fin branded plants (snail-free, gel-rooted) from petsmart a couple of weeks ago and so far the plants have done better than I expected and there were no negative effects in any of the aquariums. Their country of origin was Singapore, according to the package. Maybe there are different requirements for tissue-culture-grown plants? They should be free of pests since they're lab-grown.

These are easily the nicest plants I've found at petsmart. While that's not saying much, I'll probably pick some more up soon. I grabbed some green crypt wendtii and some alternanthera reineckii cardinalis last time. Strangely, the cardinalis are all still alive with minimal leaf loss. Smile

Most plants I've bought online come (indirectly) from Florida Aquatic Gardens, which isn't subject to sterilization requirements for those of us in the states.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down