80 gallon African tank

4 posters

Go down

80 gallon African tank Empty 80 gallon African tank

Post  Dsaves 2012-07-05, 19:16

I am almost done with my fishless cycle. I was going to do 1 oscar in my tank, but have decided to do an African tank. I love the looks of the yellow labs, and a couple of the blue africans. Do you guys have any stocking tips? I've heard it's best to put 1 male to 3 female ratios...any help would be appreciated. What LFS has the best selection of Africans? Thanks for the help in advance.

Dsaves
Fry

Back to top Go down

80 gallon African tank Empty Re: 80 gallon African tank

Post  DMD123 2012-07-05, 19:26

Dsaves wrote:I've heard it's best to put 1 male to 3 female ratios...any help would be appreciated.
We are still talking fish? jocolor
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2012-07-06, 01:11

Actually I get better quality africans than many LFS.

I do have a colony of adult size sunshine peacocks, 4" size, 3 colored males and 5 females, $60 for all...a steal can't be found anywhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

take the ferry over!
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-07-06, 03:24

for starters a 1m4f is a better number. some more aggressive species need like 1m7f. labs are a great start to any tank and theres plenty of members that breed them (myself included) as for getting a nice starter group of peacocks for color goblues stock cant be beat. gotten a cpl groups of fish from him and still have yet to lose more then one in 20 (over a year or more even) anything else you want would probably be best gotten from a place for pets in burien. kevin is THE guy to go to for africans if hobbyists cant come up with what your after. if your really interested in labs i could save a batch of fry for ya. anyways GL in getting your stock
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsaves 2012-07-06, 12:49

I'll catch the ferry over this weekend goblue. Thanks for the help everyone. Anthraxx, I would love for you to save me a batch of lab fry, and I'll swing by and pick them up when they are ready. I'll check out a place for pets while I'm over there too.

Dsaves
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsaves 2012-07-06, 20:41

Where can I meet you at GoBlue? Do you have a store or is it out of your home? I am planning on heading over there tomorrow if you are available.

Dsaves
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2012-07-06, 22:18

Dsaves wrote:Where can I meet you at GoBlue? Do you have a store or is it out of your home? I am planning on heading over there tomorrow if you are available.

No store, I breed and import fishes right in my fishroom, out of my home. I'm located in a nice scenery area just a few miles east of the Mukilteo Ferry.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down