Really sleepy betta

4 posters

Go down

Really sleepy betta Empty Really sleepy betta

Post  badfish 2012-03-14, 16:34

So lately all my betta does is swim ontop of the floating plants I have at the top of the tank and sleep. He eats, aggresively too. Whenever the pelletes hit the water he stops sleeping and goes right for em. Is this normal?
badfish
badfish
Fry

Back to top Go down

Really sleepy betta Empty Re: Really sleepy betta

Post  Skagit 2012-03-14, 22:19

I wouldn't worry about it. He might literally just be bored. You could try showing him a mirror to get him to display, or change around/ add something to his tank. Let me know if that helps!

Skagit
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-14, 22:23

depends on the size of the tank, but he may need a female.... I know they hang out around the top to create a bubble nest for there young.... If you have a 10gal plus with descent filtration, might be something fun to go grab a female and see if you can get some babies! work as feeders for your midas/devil mix. Wink
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badfish 2012-03-14, 22:26

I'll put him in my extra 10 thats under my midas/RD tank right now and see if that helps. Hes in a 2.5 on my desk right now.
badfish
badfish
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-03-15, 03:20

Ive raised betta in tanks with no water circulation or heat and found them to be slower and more lethargic. In my 2.5g I have a small heater and an Azoo palm filter which keeps the water moving and I find my betta to be quite active. They do have times where they just chill... pretty normal for betta.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down