NLS (New Life Spectrum) being spit up

5 posters

Go down

NLS (New Life Spectrum) being spit up Empty NLS (New Life Spectrum) being spit up

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-07, 18:38

I know this is considered the #1 african fish food by most hobbyiest, actually my fish devoured it when it was offered... Ive come across a tank that with large male mallawii cichlids that keep spittin them up??! They are used to a tropical flake that I am trying to get them off of cause its lack of nutritional value... any suggestions or techniques would be most appreciated! Smile

Tired 1mm and 3mm with the same result

Last edited by sandnuka on 2012-03-07, 19:10; edited 1 time in total
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

NLS (New Life Spectrum) being spit up Empty Re: NLS (New Life Spectrum) being spit up

Post  DMD123 2012-03-07, 18:56

Did you try the stuff with the garlic or the "finicky" or just regular?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

NLS (New Life Spectrum) being spit up Empty Re: NLS (New Life Spectrum) being spit up

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-07, 19:07

pretty sure they all have garlic, but if you talking about the Thera A+ stuff thats loaded with tons of garlic then no... I used the cichlid formula one.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-03-07, 19:52

NLS does have garlic in its formula, I was talking about the Thera A+ with the extra kick in it. I know the finicky formula has mussels used in the formula which does make it a bit different than the others.

Ive use NLS in the past and found my fish took to it pretty quick. But I did not go from flake to pellet. I went from one brand of pellet to NLS. The only real issue I had was that I used floating and the NLS was sinking. Took a while for some of my fish to get used to that.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-03-07, 20:16

I was reading a few articles online and found a pretty nice idea.... soaking the pellets with there flake that there used to... and gradually switching to just soaked pellets.. then move to dry/soaked mix... and at last dry..... Think we should try that, anyone else have any suggestions or tried this tech before.

Last edited by sandnuka on 2012-03-07, 20:30; edited 1 time in total
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2012-03-07, 20:20

Ill think ill go ahead and try it. My cichlids hates NLS. Ill keep you guys updated on the out come. Thanks
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2012-03-07, 21:03

nls is a much denser pellet than most from what i can tell. it took my cichlids a bit to get used to them but theyll eat it in time
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-03-07, 22:10

they will eat it if they get hungry enough. Like I tell my kids, you will eat whats served or you will go hungry. Eventually they eat. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-03-08, 14:13

My fish ate it but they ground it up and made more mess with it than other pellets that they would just swallow whole. I did not see miraculous coloring or results with the exclusive feeding so I went back to a more affordable pellet. With all the sales on Omega One I stock up when it is cheap, I also mix a little of this and that in there with other brands and frozen foods. This of course is 100% against NLS theory that NLS is all you need. When my fish get large enough I would like to try the 4.5mm floating pellet and see if it is different than the sinkers in the way the fish take to it and messiness.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down