Qestion about keeping blugills and bass

5 posters

Go down

Qestion about keeping blugills and bass Empty Qestion about keeping blugills and bass

Post  Rick 2012-02-12, 19:27

I haven't been on line latley, I started a third round of chemo late week and it's kicking my butt. I want to set up a large take this summer and keep some blue gill and other fish from the local lakes. I still have my 150 gal. tank but I would like to get a larger tank. What do you guys think would be good for this. Also if any one has a larger tank for sale let me know. Does anyone have a set up like this or know were I can get info. for it.

Thanks Rick
Rick
Rick
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Qestion about keeping blugills and bass Empty Re: Qestion about keeping blugills and bass

Post  Fyurae 2012-02-14, 02:13

I have a bluegill. Better than any cichlid any day, if you ask me. very aggressive, though.
Fyurae
Fyurae
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Qestion about keeping blugills and bass Empty Re: Qestion about keeping blugills and bass

Post  Fish Addict 2012-02-14, 02:18

If you want large mouth bass you need a 300g tank I have heard and for smallmouth a 200g but this is all word of mouth so I have no clue... Yellow perch can be fun though
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-02-14, 02:36

honestly u may be better off adding a water feature to your property. its my understanding that many of our local fish need much cooler water then the inside of your home would be. just my two cents. you might be able to get away with it in a garage or something and no heater. either way sounds like a fun idea. GL to ya man.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-02-14, 02:54

you could get a water cooler.. they make em. Smile .... just need a big enough tank because our local fish all get pretty big.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick 2012-02-14, 12:06

Thanks for the comments folks, gives me alot to think about. I was thinking about a 300 gal tank or bigger and a cooler is a must have.

Thanks Rick
Rick
Rick
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-02-15, 02:18

it should be awesome! you know, I havent seen anyone keep a large tank with all local fish.... I would love to see one around... please upload pictures if you end up goin thru with it!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyurae 2012-02-15, 11:25

Thats my major ambition. just lack the funds and space for a large tank.
Fyurae
Fyurae
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down