lonely jewel

3 posters

Go down

lonely jewel Empty lonely jewel

Post  Ratlova30 2012-02-01, 09:52

Long story short I got a tank and it had four fish in it. One of them croaked as soon as I got it home and so I had two jewels and a pleco left. The next night there was a heater malfunction and I lost one of the jewels. I won't be setting up my 55gal cichlid tank for at least a couple of months, just have too much on my plate as is right now but I don't want this fish to be lonely. She's in a 10gal now and none of my other tanks have suitable tank mates. The pleco just got moved to my angel tank and she/he is in there all alone now. I can set back up the 20L she came with until the 55gal eventually goes back up but I'm not sure how to make her more comfortable as far as tank mates go. I'd get another jewel but I don't want to end up with a breeding pair. When the 55gal goes up I know I want firemouths, it's supposed to be a SA/CA tank. I don't know, what do you suggest I do?
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

lonely jewel Empty Re: lonely jewel

Post  aaronfeeney 2012-02-01, 12:48

How big is the jewel?
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2012-02-01, 19:35

probably 2 1/2-3"
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-02-01, 22:11

rainbows, jewels, firemouth, really any small ca/sa fish should be fine... wouldnt go much bigger than firemouth though... maybe jack dempsey, but you'd be pushin it big time. I really like the cockatoo cichlid ( Apistogramma cacatuoides ) they might be a lil too small if you go with firemouth and jack size fish though.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2012-02-02, 09:18

I don't want rainbows again, would company of another species make her feel more comfortable though? I've done some reading but haven't found a great deal of the jewels social behavior and what they need to be happy(as far as tankmates go). I would love to get another jewel but if they become bonded I don't want them claiming a whole 55 to themselves. Anyone have jewels for sale on here?
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down