jewel breeding

Go down

jewel breeding Empty jewel breeding

Post  Guest 2011-08-12, 17:41

i recently got 4 jewel cichlids, 1 female and 3 males. i have them in an adequate tank with the necessary stuff but my q is:

Should i keep the 2 non-breeding males in the tank as target fish? i think i should, but it seems like the breeding male spends too much time chasing them off to even pay attention to the female. although, the female does take more notice of him when hes flaring and glowing at the other males..... anyway, any opinions welcome rabbit

Back to top Go down

jewel breeding Empty Re: jewel breeding

Post  Mikey 2011-08-12, 18:16

In answer to your question, get a couple more females to pair up with the other males or get rid of the other two males. Jewels pair up, so in reality all you need is one male and one female, if you're trying to breed them. I've only had one pair up before, and it turned out well. I also had some dither fish in the tank as well. Hope this helps
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-08-13, 19:46

i was mostly wondering if the other males should stay in to provide a target for the pair to defend from. ive read that if its just a pair sometimes theyll fight among themselves if they dont have a "common enemy" of which to "unite against"?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down