species breed in captivity

5 posters

Go down

species breed in captivity Empty species breed in captivity

Post  VsKitchen 2012-01-05, 15:43

Hi Everyone! After doing some reading I have a general question - How many of you have been successful in breeding a fish (or invertebrate, etc) in captivity that has a reputation for having difficulty in that area? If so, which species and how difficult was it for you? Have you been able to have more than 1 successful batch of fry? Share your successes with us! Please Smile

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

species breed in captivity Empty Re: species breed in captivity

Post  Madness 2012-01-05, 15:59

The only fish that I have that may have spawned, but cant tell yet, are my Lucius Pikes. My female was fat as a hog for several weeks, and now her and the male do not come out of there cave much, and are very protective of the area. From what I have read, getting a Pike to spawn in captivity is quite rare. So hopefully I have little pikies swimming around in there soon. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  finsandfeathers 2012-01-05, 16:18

Spawned Driftwood Cats by accident, had a trio of unknown youngsters I put in with my Labeos years ago. Decided I was going to sell them so when I pulled all the decor out of the tank to catch them low and behold there was 7 lil ones.

Have no clue if they're hard to spawn or not but that was my odd ball outside my cichlids

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-01-06, 01:59

discus, and some consider tropheus and frontosa a difficult species cause there temperment and must have in a colony... but give them what they want and they are like rabbits.... look at whosurdaddi. Smile

all others ive bread were too easy on usually on accident, convicts, german rams, sunshine peacock.

Last edited by sandnuka on 2012-01-06, 03:00; edited 1 time in total
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave 2012-01-06, 02:06

I've bred alot of stingrays in the past. I don't have any now but I'm thinking close to 25-30 rays. I was the first one to breed histrix in the US that I know of. Lots of fun, but lots of money too. Thats why I don't do it anymore.
Big Dave
Big Dave
FishBox Member

http://Caldeiraconstruction.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down