just hought i would share some pics

3 posters

Go down

just hought i would share some pics Empty just hought i would share some pics

Post  Guest 2011-10-23, 08:49

Hey did a little rearanging when I pulled my calvus to go in my 29. So now this tank has multies and pulcher in it only. This is going to be their setup for a while, I plan to move the multies to a 10 gallon for themselves. But as it is here they are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I added my calvus and some shells to the 29, the calvus seems really bored and has been hiding. And the shells don't have any dwellers.. I have decided to hold out on the shell dwellers untill I can source some similis. I have looked at a couple places and cannot find them. So this 29 is for sure going to have my 1 calvus a similis colony and ?????????. Any suggestions here's some pics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its pretty odd that the calvus has chosen the smaller of the two rock piles to set up camp. But that's were its been. Any suggestions for tank mates in the 29 would be apprieciated. I am looking to add some yellow and that's why I was considering that jullie ornatus. thanks.

Back to top Go down

just hought i would share some pics Empty Re: just hought i would share some pics

Post  DMD123 2011-10-23, 10:30

If I decide to go with the small Africans in my 29g, I wanted to add a small cat, like an upsidedown cat. I know not exactly from the same body of water... but an interesting, small durable fish that could work.

Like how the tank is turning out and agree about the need for some color, a nice yellow fish would pop with all the black going on in there.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

just hought i would share some pics Empty Re: just hought i would share some pics

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-10-23, 12:28

Keep in mind calvus are jumpers. A few times I had several tanks stacked next to each other and if they see small mbuna fry in the next tank, they would jump over and eat the fry. The size of the calvus was around 1.5"... Shocked
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-23, 12:41

Synodontis multipluctatus is a cool catfish for a tang tank.. I had one for like 5 years.

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-10-23, 12:52

if you want small catfish, get the synodontis petricola instead... ^_^
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-25, 22:45

I'm thinking about scratching the shells all together. Anyone have any suggestions for a good small community for this 29 gallon? I want color and movement, and tanganyika, and fish and rocks, and water and filter..... but I have most of that. Right now I'm looking for color and movement, something that won't mess with my calvus much, but will encourage it to come out and be more active. Any help??? Will probably be involved in the daves group buy, so you can see a list there of possibles, I just don't know much about tangs. I figure if I can't work something out here, I can always go and have my good friend kevin at apfp just "set my stock" for me. Either way I don't care, I just want color and movement.

Please no pictures of bright shiny disco pants, with claims of it being colorful and moving.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-25, 23:24

fish_n_vw wrote:Please no pictures of bright shiny disco pants, with claims of it being colorful and moving.
afro Groovy afro
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-25, 23:41

lol, figured you would chime in.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-26, 00:53

Very first time I got to use afro

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down