tropheus Under stress?

2 posters

Go down

tropheus Under stress? Empty tropheus Under stress?

Post  sandnuka 2010-05-28, 19:00

This is a question for those experinced with tropheus duboisi... I have recently purchased a juvinele coloney (still dark colored, with spots).... I had to do some work on one of my other tanks, so relocated the fish in there with the duboisi for awhile.... I removed all rock/cave/decor, well the duboisi color of there head became light almost yellowish... Is this do to stress???? Now the fish mates are back in there other home, but some duboisi still havent gotten there head color back... the rock/cave/decor is still not in there because I am doing a deep cleaning, so is this why?
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

tropheus Under stress? Empty Re: tropheus Under stress?

Post  CrashSmAshley 2010-05-29, 01:49

Sounds like stress to me. If the tank is bare, almost any fish will become stressed due to lack of hiding spaces and enrichment. Also, I bet that the water in the holding tank is different than the water in his actual tank. Slight changes can cause shock/stress. After you put him in the tank again, watch his coloring for a day or two. If his coloring still has not returned, I'd check the parameters and if all is normal, would research to make sure he isn't sick
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-05-30, 02:11

Thanks ashley... you were dead on.... after i put the lufubu back in there own tank, and put back the rocks/decor... the duboisi darkened right back up... so that is some cool little info.....
People who are interested in tropheus, if your wondering why the color of the upper half of your fishes body has gotten really light in color... means there stressed!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down