Kaie
Spyral
WhosUrDadi
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We can order Empty We can order

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-04-23, 13:04

We just received a new listing of fishes, if anyoine have a fish in mind, PM me a list of fish you want and let me see if i can order it for you for a lower price... we can order common and uncommon malawi, tanganyikan, and some victorian cichlids. we can also order some fancy plecos, catfish and some madagascar fishes. thanks a bunch.....^_^
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

We can order Empty Re: We can order

Post  Spyral 2011-04-23, 14:42

Who are you? Are you a site sponsor?
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-04-23, 15:21

im a friend of gobluecichlids.. my name is mike. .
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 15:22

.....but who is we?
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-04-23, 15:47

me and gobluecichlids. we can order some fishes for you.
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-04-23, 16:56

seems...fishy..lol
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-04-23, 17:16

i understand the acquisitions... this is the first advertisement anyways.. some members here is already ordering some fancy plecos from us, fishes coming on thursday. ^_^
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 17:27

This is seems Backdoor sketchy. You can't appear on a forum and say "we can order you fish".

I usually order all my fish from big fish on Marysville. Always a joy.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-04-23, 18:08

Kaie, that's what I'm saying. We have vendors here that pay for the right to advertise. Seems unfair that these guys can just come in and post "advertisements." This isn't aqua-bid, is it?
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 18:29

Exactly. I'm not hating on people trying to do their thing. But I feel this was approached wrong.

Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2011-04-23, 18:33

I think If they are making ankind of profit then they need to pay to advertised. And if they are not then they are just helping ppl get cheaper fish. So what is it guys???
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 18:45

Even if they are getting people fish for cheaper sans profit they are still "undetcutting" sponsors; which is fucking shiesty.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2011-04-23, 19:22

Kaie wrote:Even if they are getting people fish for cheaper sans profit they are still "undetcutting" sponsors; which is fucking shiesty.

Then all the members that post stuff here for sale are undercutting the sponsors. So are we all as you say fuckin shiesty???
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-04-23, 19:33

sidekicking wrote:
Kaie wrote:Even if they are getting people fish for cheaper sans profit they are still "undetcutting" sponsors; which is fucking shiesty.

Then all the members that post stuff here for sale are undercutting the sponsors. So are we all as you say fuckin shiesty???

I get what he is saying. We, as hobbyists, selling an extra fish we have or some fry, is selling from personal stocks. Not offering to go get stuff that we could probably get from sponsors. I don't think anoyone would offer what they are without making a profit. Like he said, "This is our first advertisement" so I would say they are doing this as a business.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-04-23, 20:05

the fishes for resale will be posted on aquabid, not on this site. Just spreading the word that there will be an aquabid seller under Wolverinecichlids for the Seattle area. Locals will save on ship cost. Can ship fish about anywhere in washington for around 15 bucks per std box next day arrival. No need to drive to get em at 4 bucks a gallon, but pickup is an option.

I have already visited some stores, I don't stock what local fish stores carry, simply they don't catch my eye. Sometimes a hobbyist would ask me if they want a nice male ahli or a shovelnose cat, simply I tell em to head to bigfish aquatics, since Jeff keeps his stock up to date on the forum, which is good. His prices are way better than most LFS I have checked out.

I don't do SA fishes (except for some plecos). All I am is bringing in cool rare fishes for the serious hobbyists, and already infected a few members on this forum....see how excited they got?
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 21:59

so site sponsor time?
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-04-23, 22:19

I understand your concern, and agree to some extent with you. But, resorting to uncalled for language is unacceptable. I'm sure you can get your point across without using profanity. Just speak your mind without using words that come out you rear. Smile

Why don't you guys do S/C Am. Cichs?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 22:26

Actually i cant. I absolutely have to use foul language. So get the censored over it.

Also to answer your question. The man said SA isn't his niche. Learn to read.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-04-23, 22:29

I can help out african fish related questions. If you're looking for something specific, I could give suggestions: I can tell you my experience with the fish I had , I could refer to a LFS that has em, or a local hobbyist that has em, or I maybe my sources has em, I'll get em for you. For one thing I don't do: go buy the fishes locally and resell to you. I've done that plenty of time giving referrals and help the local hobbyist, and they return the favor. WIN-WIN situation.

I am on line most evening.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-04-23, 22:38

madness wrote:I understand your concern, and agree to some extent with you. But, resorting to uncalled for language is unacceptable. I'm sure you can get your point across without using profanity. Just speak your mind without using words that come out you rear. Smile

Why don't you guys do S/C Am. Cichs?

1. More LFS has em
2. Take up more tank space, can't put in a lot of varieties in one tank, many grow big.
3. Too many fry, hard to sell 200 of em
4. My african source does import plecos, so I was able to add to my orders. They don't take a lot of room to house, and beside some are fun to watch em breed. I have 5 different L-number plecos coming in later next week.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2011-04-23, 23:34

Kaie wrote:Actually i cant. I absolutely have to use foul language. So get the censored over it.

Also to answer your question. The man said SA isn't his niche. Learn to read.

WOW you guys a so rude and childish. And why jump all over the original poster for trying to sell some fish and do us all a favor. IF YOU THINK ITS SHEISTY THEN 1. Don't buy from the guy or 2. Ask questions!! If anyone is concerned it should be the Sponsors and they can go to Mikey if they have an issue. IDK why almost all you people have your panties in a bunch here but its crazyness!
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 23:44

I guess you're right.. i have no right to be concerned about my friends. Shame on me.

also

Ashley wrote:IDK why almost all you people have your panties in a bunch here but its crazyness!

That's rich coming from you. Rolling Eyes
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2011-04-23, 23:47

LOL concerned about your friends? okay... I'm just saying you guys are all super immature
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 23:51

Have you seriously not seen your comments to people? You have got to be kidding me here.

Why don't you take your own advice and take your issues up in private? Pot and kettle much....?
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2011-04-23, 23:55

Not so much. I just like to try to stick up for people when a mob of idiots jumps all over them for no reason.
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2011-04-23, 23:56

I am sorry, didn't mean to derail I just have a hard time keeping my mouth shut around here Smile Apologies!
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-04-23, 23:58

I don't know about a mob of idiots, all I did was ask a few questions. I don't see anyone jumping all over them.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-23, 23:58

yep no reason.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2011-04-23, 23:58

Hey I'm not an idiot missy lol
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-24, 00:05

Spyral wrote:I don't know about a mob of idiots, all I did was ask a few questions. I don't see anyone jumping all over them.

According to her no questions were asked. Just a bunch of immature idiots jumping all over someone doing the right thing.

*tosses logic out of the door*
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2011-04-24, 00:37

This whole topic is turning out like some of Seattle Transhippers posts before he became a sponsor. Im sorry to see gobluecichlids post be derailed like this.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-24, 01:06

Good job calling yourself out.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2011-04-24, 01:29

Actually to be truthful, I was never the one that derailed his post, Jeff derailed his own post when he posted he was going a different direction and left it open like that. I wasnt the only one that assumed he was shutting down his business, I recall Larry Beck, and Doza made the same comment. So might need to check your facts. Very Happy

Last edited by Addictedtofish on 2011-04-24, 01:52; edited 1 time in total
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2011-04-24, 01:48

Smile
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2011-04-24, 01:59

Hmmm....... An earlier thread was concerned about the drop in activity on this forum. I'm new to it, so I'll ask, does this type of thread happen often?
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2011-04-24, 02:01

I wouldnt say often, lets say this isnt the first time. Shocked

Lets say your going to find this to some point on most forums, when it comes to peoples opinions, not everyone is going to agree and most dont keep there opinion to thereselves.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-04-24, 02:24

Sound like transhipper is the only active sponsor on this site now. I was a pretty active member of a michigan forum and watched so much drama that many sponsors had decided to stay away and withdraw. Learning from what I saw, I have no plans to be a sponsor on any forum, don't' get me wrong, I am here to communicate with the hobbyists, not to see some support thier loyality to a LFS.

From being a fishbox member, I get the opportunity to find african cichlid fans, and made some good friends. We shared info on fishes we had, fishes we want, offer suggestions, see if any locals hobbyists breed any, and so on. Almost all of my fishes are not bought in this state.

When I look up the fish list i get from the east side, often I ask other members to find if there's actually someone locally that breeds em first. If I happen to know, I would respect that person and try not get the same kind of fishes he breeds (unless he's selling way out of the price range).
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2011-04-24, 02:25

way to often my friend ,and its always the same chosen few.

a good rule of thumb ./take what you can use and leave the rest behind/

people sometimes like to make assumptions that i used to feel the need to defend.

i just keep on keepin on,Ive got awesome fish,the regulars in my shop bar b q in the summer and occasionally we do road trips together ,

friends in the hobby don't get involved in the one upmanship garbage ,we share experience and good times,,like its meant to be,,,,nice to meet you Ron

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonijah 2011-04-24, 04:38

Kaie, you have your panties in a bunch. If you feel a cirtain way no one can agrue that. But don't try to oppress everyone with your feelings. Not everyone wants your thoughts and views jammed down their throat!
If he offers me L024 for deals and no one else can beat it why wouldn't I go through him? Now I know he exists, thank you for posting. It's good to know local people are willing to scratch anyone's back.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-04-24, 10:03

Oh come on ladies, we're ALL pretty queen

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-24, 12:39

Yes, never mind 2 other people shared the same opinion and another agreed. Also never mind the fact I only mentioned my opinion once.

So since I'm being accused of being in everyone's face I might as well do it right?

I can't name a single forum that I'm on geared towards any kind of hobby that would allow a nonadvertising member to sell hobby related items for profit. How is it fair for certain members and companies to pay for advertising while another member gets to advertise with out? There's 0 logic used here.

Infact many forums limit the quantity of an item nonadvertising members can unload. I've also seen forums ban the use of using brand names in posts. Sure it seems sort of steep, but there's reason for it.

Obviously goblue's friend who is new was the original poster/thread starter. So harmless mistake. But goblue just jumped right in with 'advertising'. In my opinion he's been a member here long enough to know there are site sponsors who pay to advertise.

So go ahead and buy fish out of someone's trunk at cheaper prices (not that he could beat my guy anyways). Ill continue to buy fish from a store that hand selects and monitors the fish they sell.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2011-04-24, 14:27

Adonijah wrote:Kaie, you have your panties in a bunch. If you feel a cirtain way no one can agrue that. But don't try to oppress everyone with your feelings. Not everyone wants your thoughts and views jammed down their throat!
If he offers me L024 for deals and no one else can beat it why wouldn't I go through him? Now I know he exists, thank you for posting. It's good to know local people are willing to scratch anyone's back.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

those are a very nice pleco,l025 are also nice.smaller shops and hobbyist will always beat the bigger chain stores.

good find

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-04-24, 14:31

WOW, this one did get out of control. And 'K' I asked about S/C Cichs because I do that. I ask questions so that I understand what, where, when, and why. Is that OK with you? As for jumping on everyone that questions your opinion, WHY? Are you that immature? Ashley, made a comment. I asked you to not use profanity to get your point across. That is it, nothing more. But you immediately feel the need to flex your muscles, and shoot off your mouth and bash people. Again I ask, WHY? You made your point, let everyone comment on your opinion, let Goblue respond, and we all read a forum that may have good discussion and comments. But Know, you have to turn it into a people bashing.

So, I am hoping since you have said your peace, that you don't come back for some reason and bash me for trying to get you to mellow and understand that you are a bit out of control. But, then again we'll all see what happens. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-24, 14:32

lolwhat?
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-04-24, 14:48

Site sponsor who paid to avertise haven't been advertising except for bigfish.

I had to rely on aquabid exclusively to get fishes in, and asked a few to join me to save on ship cost. I used to be an aquabid seller for several yrs and made customers very happy, they didn't have to drive all over to find them.

Most LFS store is not going to compete what aquabid and other internet sellers are selling. They get thier business from customers walking into the store.

You can hand select fishes at the LFS, but the LFS do not hand select them unless they pick them up locally. Most fishes come from out of state.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-04-24, 14:50

Know what I notice on every forum I am on? Most everyone is cool in person. I have met a lot of people off the forum and all have been stand up people. I know I can get a little wild sometimes, but I have calmed down..lol...not worth making enemies in your own back yard. Just agree to disagree and carry on. It's just that easy.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-04-24, 14:51

Blue, if I do another Tangy tank, I'm going to hit you up.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-04-24, 14:51

Wish you did S/C Cichs. Sad I may be all over that. Id Hit It
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-04-24, 15:02

gobluecichlids wrote:Site sponsor who paid to avertise haven't been advertising except for bigfish.

I had to rely on aquabid exclusively to get fishes in, and asked a few to join me to save on ship cost. I used to be an aquabid seller for several yrs and made customers very happy, they didn't have to drive all over to find them.

Most LFS store is not going to compete what aquabid and other internet sellers are selling. They get thier business from customers walking into the store.

You can hand select fishes at the LFS, but the LFS do not hand select them unless they pick them up locally. Most fishes come from out of state.

So... you are doing group buys?
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2011-04-24, 15:29

helloooooo, mad man

last time i asked what you wanted it was @ the time i was actually ordering so my deadline was too close,did you see my current list?

ive got some real kool pets in there,the watercows eat out of my hand and the rays go to the corner of the 125 where they are feed when they see people,

the more that people suggest ,the more fun i get to have,i have my shop then i have 50 25 gallon tanks @ home im beginning to set up,they were the tanks that were at the pike place market pet shop years ago,given to me as a gift from the former owners of that shop .

i like to look around for kool stuff myself,ive found the leos the red tail golden aro ,the snake heads ,giants and reds, wolf fish ,comon and hi fin reds ,rohm paranah and other neet stuff ,.one of the things i run into is i find these fish then the person that said they wanted them is no longer interested .doesn't bug me too much after 7 years of it ive gotten used to it and i usually learn something along the way .

man what a lazzy day,,,,,,,

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next