Big Fish Aquatics
icer711
Paintguy
aaronfeeney
8 posters

Go down

The Wetspot in Portland Empty The Wetspot in Portland

Post  TerenceH 2011-02-02, 14:19

I am starting a Tanganyika tank. I have been looking around at various places to get stock and found The Wetspot Tropical Fish in Portland. Has anyone ordered or had any experience with them? They seem to have quite a large selection. Just wondering if it is worth hike down there.

TerenceH

Back to top Go down

The Wetspot in Portland Empty Re: The Wetspot in Portland

Post  aaronfeeney 2011-02-02, 15:22

I have been there and purchased my lamprologus speciosus there. long drive. I was on the way home from family vacation anyhow. Kevin at "A place for Pets , in Burien gets some of his stock from there and has a pretty good selection,,, if you want something he'll usually be able to get it. Oh and Kevins price for the speciosus matched the wet spot price,,, he paid the shipping too.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2011-02-02, 17:28

Terence. I have
10 - Neolamprologus leleupi & 2 - J. marlieri Gombe I will sell ya for $50 flat. the leleupi have one breeding pair that have already spawned once.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2011-02-02, 20:53

Wetspot is A++ love going there..... my #1 fish store
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TerenceH 2011-02-03, 00:31

Yea, it is a bit of a drive down but is it worth it? I have friends in Portland so it would not be just for the fish.

Paintguy, Thanks for the offer but I already have a mated pair of Julidochromis regani. I do not think they will coexist together well.

Things I would like to get: Altolamprologus sp compressiceps shell, Cyprichromis any of them, Eretmodus cyanostictus, Ophthalmotilapia boops, Paracyprichromis brieni or nigripinnis

Any ideas please let me know.

TerenceH

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2011-02-03, 00:49

hey guys ,i have an account with their wholesale division,they ship to me for 15 bucks,every once in a while i buy a few things from them just to see what the fish are ,if i like them then i buy from another supplier in bulk.the minimum order for them to ship to me is 100 bucks ,i get a weekly print out of the specials and stock list from them.

i wouldn't mind dabbling around in some of the fish types that people from here like and helping to save time and money to make a friend or two

just a thought

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2011-02-03, 01:40

Best selection of cichlids in the area, by far. I love going even if it's just to wander through the tanks. I'm weird that way. LOL
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2011-02-03, 07:26

Just a FYI.. Shipping Is 15 bucks for any of us in Washington State.. Just give them a call to put in there order..

That is directly from them. I was informed of that rate when i picked up fish from them over christmas.

20+ fish and they sent them home with me in a 24x10 inch or so styro box..
$15 shipped is what that box would have cost me for them to ship them to me..

Sorry but you dont have to go threw anyone to save on any fish or to save on costs to ship.. Just call them for yourself.. Lol
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2011-02-05, 22:07

Shipping for 15 is a great deal, Wet spot is one of the african importer and closest to Washington. Shipping from other areas will cost like 55 or more (via air cargo) for a box, and there's more risk with airport delay due to mother nature. I may find a better deal on the prices of fish elsewhere, but the shipping deal sure offset the prices.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2011-02-05, 22:24

yea. good quality fish and great service to think i used to live 30 mineutes from them year ago or so
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2011-02-05, 22:43

Doza wrote:Just a FYI.. Shipping Is 15 bucks for any of us in Washington State.. Just give them a call to put in there order..

That is directly from them. I was informed of that rate when i picked up fish from them over christmas.

20+ fish and they sent them home with me in a 24x10 inch or so styro box..
$15 shipped is what that box would have cost me for them to ship them to me..

Sorry but you dont have to go threw anyone to save on any fish or to save on costs to ship.. Just call them for yourself.. Lol

the wholesale price i get as a business account is around a third of the retail

makes the 15 bucks a whole lot sweeter .

offered as a friend not a business,

just IYF Wink

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2011-02-05, 22:47

can you guarantee that?.. i didnt see you mention that at first.. just the shipping part.
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TerenceH 2011-02-05, 23:28

If you can guarantee 15 dollar shipping and the third of the price, I will place an order with you. Also, can they get things that are not on their 'list'? I have a pretty good idea of the things I would like to have.
TerenceH
TerenceH

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2011-02-05, 23:33

they can try but they order mass quanity of fish every 3-5 months at a time.. They order a lot of fish at once.. From what they were saying they would be doing another order a couple months from now.
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TerenceH 2011-02-05, 23:36

Doza wrote:they can try but they order mass quanity of fish every 3-5 months at a time.. They order a lot of fish at once.. From what they were saying they would be doing another order a couple months from now.

I called down there and they told me their list updates every week. So do they order and just hold on to them for months on end?
TerenceH
TerenceH

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2011-02-06, 00:23

They mass order fish and once they get really low on fish in their warehouse that they keep majority of their stock in they import a huge bactch again.. I dont know what they would be updating unless they are taking a fish off of their list because they sold out on their stock they had.

They have to up date aquabid weekly because they expire and get pulled off of the site..
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2011-02-09, 03:13

i get a weekly listing of the available fish in the warehouse ,the 3rd of the cost is an average.

the fish one of the other fellas from fish box was looking for were told to him @ 8.00 each ,i checked my list it said 3.00 each ,so if guarantees are what your after ,then no ,2.66 would be a third,

my offer as a friend wasn't meant to put me under a magnifying glass,i gave approximates .

i buy direct and import from the same wholesalers that they do and sometime i compete with them on certain fish types,then wholesale to local shops,but then again i sometimes just get a few as samples from them to see if there's a market for that type of fish.

ive already ordered my fish this week and have my stock list and oddballs posted on cl .

there's an option on aquabid to have your sale items re list up to 5 times,so for 35 days total if it doesn't sell,cool site,this is a fun forum ,ive sent in to Mikey to sponsor ,ill be watching for the interests of other members here ,

jeff,big fish

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down