Checking in from Skagit County

3 posters

Go down

Checking in from Skagit County Empty Checking in from Skagit County

Post  Vic 2010-11-07, 21:00

Looks like a great site for local acquisitions and info. I only have eight tanks, but just got back into the hobby in January so give me time. I have albino bristlenose plecos, dwarf frogs, cherry and ghost shrimp, otos, bettas, yoyo loaches and other community fish in freshwater planted low-tech tanks. I love to read so the forums here should keep me busy for a while.

Vic
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Checking in from Skagit County Empty Re: Checking in from Skagit County

Post  sandnuka 2010-11-07, 23:27

Hey and welcome to WFB! this is definetly the best local fish forum around.... there is a ton of great reads already and this forum has only been open since april... Anyway, you will find our market is awesome too, great place to trade, buy, sell, and even get in on group buys like the one goin on right now! Anyway, thats allot of community fish, never thought of gettin more aggressive fish or cichlids?
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic 2010-11-08, 00:49

Hmm, I think about lots of things. Right now, everything that holds water is full of ABNs. I have to find a way to control that and spread the offspring around to more people. The frogs and the betta have the swordtail and rosy barb spawn under control. The loaches have the snails under control, well, mostly. I'm getting ready to flood my newest 55, trying the dry start method this time and not sure the results will be worth the wait. I am far too fond of the plecos to feed them to anything, but excess shrimp are fair game. I love my tanks but I definitely look for easy maintenance. Still, I'll go check out the group buy. Thanks for the welcome.

Vic
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-11-08, 01:07

Welcome to the board that's 4 more tanks then me lol.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Vic 2010-11-08, 01:34

Anything worth doing must surely be worth overdoing. Craigslist, thrift shops, and Petco's buck a gallon sale: MTS enablers. The excuse is that my son is allergic to furred and feathered pets. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Vic
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down