AddEd another Geophagus - megasema.

4 posters

Go down

AddEd another Geophagus - megasema.  Empty AddEd another Geophagus - megasema.

Post  protocl 2010-10-29, 18:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

AddEd another Geophagus - megasema.  Empty Re: AddEd another Geophagus - megasema.

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-10-29, 18:33

I have 2 altifons and 2 daemons.

Altifons
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Daemons
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Addictedtofish on 2010-10-29, 18:42; edited 1 time in total
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

AddEd another Geophagus - megasema.  Empty Re: AddEd another Geophagus - megasema.

Post  protocl 2010-10-29, 18:35

Addictedtofish wrote:I have 2 altrifons and 2 daemons.

I wanted those, but APFP didn't have them.
The funny thing: why does the prices differ?, their all Geophagus, right?
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-10-29, 18:44

If you go to Jones and Co. in Marysville they have a good selection of Jurapari, Daemons,Altifons and 1 or 2 other types.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-29, 20:02

Looks like i may have to make a road trip to Marysville this weekend.. How much are the Daemons going for ?? I've always wanted one of those. Hmm wonder how many different kinds of Geo's will work in my tank???
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-10-29, 20:05

I know they have another type like the Jurapari and 3 types like the Daemon and Altifon. I think the Daemons when I got them about 3 weeks ago were on sale for $9.99ea. I have those 2 types together in a 55 hex with no problems an there at the 4" size.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-29, 20:08

WOW, that's a good deal for a 4" Geo for 10 bucks.. Right now i have 2 Red Heads, 1 Jurupari, and 7 Altifrons.. not sure if adding another kind is gonna mess things up though.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-10-29, 20:10

Sorry I was only stating the size of my altifrons, my Daemons 1 is 2.5" and the other one really shot up in size fast to lil over 3" but they were still big for that price.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-29, 20:11

Hey Protocl, are you sure that's a Geo sp Megasme ?? I googled them and they have a spot on the side of them, kinda like your last one does.. This one looks more Altifron to me..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-29, 20:12

Addictedtofish wrote:Sorry I was only stating the size of my altifrons, my Daemons 1 is 2.5" and the other one really shot up in size fast to lil over 3" but they were still big for that price.

That's cool, still a good deal for 10 bucks..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-10-29, 20:15

Keep in mind even the Surinemisis are rarely imported but alot of fish stores sells Altifrons as them, just like Petsmart and Jones and Co.

Yes Jones and Co. generally has good deals on there Geo's I think the most ive seen them for is $14.99 for any of them.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-29, 20:16

Very True..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-10-29, 20:18

Also if you want to see I nice display tank of full grown Jurapari, Conway tropical has one and I think they might have some for sale also.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-10-29, 20:35

hbluehunter wrote:Hey Protocl, are you sure that's a Geo sp Megasme ?? I googled them and they have a spot on the side of them, kinda like your last one does.. This one looks more Altifron to me..

The tank that had all spotless Geo's; the written title said megasema.
I'm not too keen on specifics regarding Geo's, but I'm glad you guys can call it specifically.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-29, 20:46

Well i'm no pro by any means, i've been learning alot over the last few months or so after i got all mine.. I've had to post pics of all mine on other forums and get them ID'd to see if i actually had the right name for my fish.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-10-29, 23:36

I've read, the Geophagus species are rare in general. I mean, I'm sure not as rare as those who order thru th RSC topic.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sonnys503 2010-11-07, 14:50

The image you have above makes me wished I would have purchased Jusin's Altifon.
I'm gonna stop by Wet Spot today to see if they have some small size. Geo's my second addiction.
sonnys503
sonnys503
FishBox Member

http://saechaophotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-11-07, 15:01

yes...niice coloured fishes.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-11-07, 16:22

sonnys503 wrote:The image you have above makes me wished I would have purchased Jusin's Altifon.
I'm gonna stop by Wet Spot today to see if they have some small size. Geo's my second addiction.

Well it looks likei'm not going to be able to buy the 10 pack Justin had for sale, that would be a great group I you can grab that.. Or if you make it up here I'm still gonna sell the 2 red heads I have.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sonnys503 2010-11-07, 16:50

Last I spoke to Justin, he didn't want to split them up. some odd reason I didn't like 'em, cause they didn't have the color. I dropped off some sand and wanted to see his Red Heads.

hbluehunter, do you know if the PetSmart's version of Geophagus surinamensis is the same as the altfron?

Last edited by sonnys503 on 2010-11-07, 16:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled words...)
sonnys503
sonnys503
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-11-07, 18:46

sonnys503 Surinamensis are rarely imported into the states, so guarenteed Jones and Company and Petsmart like alot of other FS will throw this name in the label because the suri and the altifron look alot alike. If you do some research on the web you read what I typed here and it will give a better explanation on why most places mislabel the fish.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-11-07, 18:54

I think they're pretty similar, they look alot like the ones Justin has for sale. I know my Altifrons don't have the black spot on their sides. And also not sure if they get as big as altifrons. I do know if you check mfk there's a thread that ID's the petsmart ones, I guess they misslabel them alot.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-11-07, 18:56

I bought about 2 months ago 2 of the mislabeled suri's and there about 4" and do have spot on the sides.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sonnys503 2010-11-07, 19:13

Addictedtofish, you have pics of the 2 you bought, wondering if they colored out.
I will hold off on buying any until I get a permanent home for the goes I'm to get.

thanks, Addictedtofish, hbluehunter.
sonnys503
sonnys503
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-11-07, 19:16

I dont have a camera besides my cell phone camera is only 2 mega pixel.By chrimstmas I will get a good one, but my Geophagus Surinamensis have changed color some and I havent tried to id them yet. I also picked up a couple geo daemons from Jones and Co. about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by Addictedtofish on 2010-11-10, 00:14; edited 1 time in total
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-11-09, 23:55

Black spot. the OP of the thread said they are Albalios....?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-11-10, 00:15

Those look like mine, but mine has more red on the anal fin and tail fin. They also are starting to get a little red on the top of there head.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down