My Second Go At Pics

5 posters

Go down

My Second Go At Pics Empty My Second Go At Pics

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-19, 04:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My Dovii, can anyone guess the sex? It's about about an inch longer then my index so roughly just over 4 inches or so. It was the biggest fry in the tank, so it was a guess that it was a male, but it isnt growing the long fins or anything. Is it still to early to tell? Like I said I'm new to this so anyadvice would be helpful and appreciated!

This is my other pike, again have no clue which one it is.

I think they look different, and they dont behave the same.

Just because he kept getting in the way when I was trying to take a pic of the dovii. It was like he wanted his picture taken, he kept posing and throwing up the peace sign and everything, I dunno.....
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

My Second Go At Pics Empty Re: My Second Go At Pics

Post  HALP 2010-07-19, 11:03

I'd say the dovii is female. Short fins and I don't see any blue at all.

But then it could just be diet and not the boss of the tank so its scurred to color up.
HALP
HALP
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-19, 15:56

HALP wrote:I'd say the dovii is female. Short fins and I don't see any blue at all.

But then it could just be diet and not the boss of the tank so its scurred to color up.

I'm thinking the same thing, but i can say he/she isnt the boss of the tank the Texas/midas cross is. As far as the diet i give them all Hikari gold pellets, mysis shrimp, and some high protien frozen jello cube thing. I threw away the package so i dont remember the name. The guy at aquarium paradise said it is high in protien and helps there color.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassman42 2010-07-19, 16:07

All Parachromis types can be sexed by looking at the anal and dorsal fin. If it has spotting it's a Male and if it dose not then it's Female, this is only true with Parachromis Types(Dovii, Motaguensis, Managuensis, Fredrichstalli) The Pike looks like a Belly Crawler Pike from Columbia. What is that fish in the last picture?
Bassman42
Bassman42
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-19, 17:01

Bassman42 wrote:All Parachromis types can be sexed by looking at the anal and dorsal fin. If it has spotting it's a Male and if it dose not then it's Female, this is only true with Parachromis Types(Dovii, Motaguensis, Managuensis, Fredrichstalli) The Pike looks like a Belly Crawler Pike from Columbia. What is that fish in the last picture?

The last fish is a cross between a Texas cichlid and a Midas. That's what the guy at the store said. Do you know what my othe pike is? He is more colorful. I'll look tonight when I get home to see if my dovii is a male or not I really hope it is.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-20, 15:59

Ok i looked at the dovii just right now. There is some spots on all its fins and dorsal and even the tail. But I still dont know there is slight blue tinges there it was more apparent before I put the Midas/ texas crosses in then it kinda just faded. The two midas texas crosses where bigger then all my other fish when I put them in(still are the bigger fish). I wanted them to have some size considering the dovii's reputation, hence also the reason why I want another big tank for when I need to seperate them, which is pending right now. Fingers crossed.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-07-20, 16:16

You take really great pics. Thanks for sharing! beerchug
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-07-20, 19:44

Yet again... just outstanding pictures.... the fish are lovely as well, but just WOW with those shots... very good. I want you to come take pictures of my fish! lol
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassman42 2010-07-20, 20:03

The other pike looks like it might be some kind of Saxitalis
Bassman42
Bassman42
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-21, 03:41

Mikey- Thanks man, glad you like them! I always appreciate the kind words!

Sandnuka- Such an awesome compliment, I am greatful!

Bassman42- Thank you for helping me identify my fish lol, I dont really know anything about any fish. I'm starting to do some research, when i have free time.

Thanks again everyone i appreciate the positive feedback aswell as your opinions and advice!
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down