72 community planted TIP (tank in progress)

+8
sandnuka
Digsy
DMD123
lilfishie
larry.beck
sidekicking
protocl
ledieudufromage
12 posters

Go down

72 community planted TIP (tank in progress) Empty 72 community planted TIP (tank in progress)

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-07, 23:08

Here are some snaps from my tank in progress. 72 gallon bowfront, way over filtered, CO2 and fert, 16 cardinal tetras, 9 Pristella tetras (3 different colorations), and hella plants. You can see some java ferns on a plug in the middle of the tank.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And one from my 35g hex Elodea breeder:
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

72 community planted TIP (tank in progress) Empty Re: 72 community planted TIP (tank in progress)

Post  Guest 2010-07-07, 23:10

i like the natural look to it, and its not to bright which is kind of soothing. add more plants boy! (or girl Razz)

Back to top Go down

72 community planted TIP (tank in progress) Empty Re: 72 community planted TIP (tank in progress)

Post  protocl 2010-07-07, 23:19

niice shots!
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-07, 23:23

More plants are on their way. I'm going to try an offset U pattern, high on the right, a cave on the left, and a low section on the left third line. I'm treating wood right now to put in it.
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-07-08, 00:43

sweet looking tank dude
you should update the pics when you get the new plants
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-08, 00:48

This is actually my first tank, so any advice on plant placement would go a long way. I started it in a 20t, then it went into a 35g, then a 55 acrylic with a 35 on the back with an internal sump like pump and an overflow on the front to make a waterfall, now finally into a 72g bow. It has taken about a year, and I think it'll stay where it is for a while.
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-07-08, 01:54

I can't advise you but that is definitely one nice looking community tank and I think you're off to a great start!
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2010-07-12, 21:55

Very pretty set up.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2010-07-13, 12:58

I love bowfronts! That is looking real nice!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Digsy 2010-07-13, 16:20

Looks good so far! Any pics with your new plants added?
Digsy
Digsy
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-13, 16:25

I just got two more unknown plants (I posted in about them somewhere else, either plant or ID), which are still tiny, but pretty. And I got a GIANT piece of Mal Drift with an almost dead anubias on it. Petco sold it to me for $7 dollars because of the plant, where their wood half that size was twice the price. Also, I have a pile of plants on their way from a website. I'm resisting the urge to re-scape until they arrive. Oh, and a couple of large lavarocks from my LFS for moss and rooting purposes.
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-07-13, 16:57

I honestly thought you had enough plants..... I dont know how long you have had them growing.... but when they get all big and full you do want some swimmin room for the little guys in there.... a couple more would be fine though Wink
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-13, 17:25

sandnuka wrote:I honestly thought you had enough plants..... I dont know how long you have had them growing.... but when they get all big and full you do want some swimmin room for the little guys in there.... a couple more would be fine though Wink

I'm building it up more. I'm debating a between a U shape and a 2/3 point mountain. I think I'll put a rock pile at the 2/3 point with bunch plants and moss, have my Apon forest to the right, and put Java fern and others to the left.
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2010-07-13, 21:19

Besides, when all those plants start growing out and have to be trimmed he just might give the trimmings away free Very Happy Not that any of us will probably drive all the way to PT, but ya never know! Actually, that is a nice ride on the motorcycle. We've gone out there for breakfast a few times on the bikes.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  Clogstonian 2010-07-13, 22:49

lookin good!
Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-14, 02:50

lilfishie wrote:Besides, when all those plants start growing out and have to be trimmed he just might give the trimmings away free Very Happy Not that any of us will probably drive all the way to PT, but ya never know! Actually, that is a nice ride on the motorcycle. We've gone out there for breakfast a few times on the bikes.

Give me a few months. I'm in a sort of odd living situation, sort of waiting on a farm to start. Long story. BUT, right now I'm in a cabin in the woods of my folks acreage and we have a campground I built as a teenager if you want to camp out.
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-07-14, 04:42

lilfishie wrote:Besides, when all those plants start growing out and have to be trimmed he just might give the trimmings away free Very Happy Not that any of us will probably drive all the way to PT, but ya never know! Actually, that is a nice ride on the motorcycle. We've gone out there for breakfast a few times on the bikes.

I like your idea.. And there are ppl that would drive or meet up.. Stop being so selfish!!!! Laughing
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2010-07-14, 12:21

Doza wrote:

I like your idea.. And there are ppl that would drive or meet up.. Stop being so selfish!!!! Laughing

HAHA Yeah, I had everyone in the seattle area in mind when I made that statement. I also said "but ya never know". Some one might. Its a nice day trip. I like PT. I dont get out there often enought any more.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2010-07-14, 12:24

ledieudufromage wrote:

Give me a few months. I'm in a sort of odd living situation, sort of waiting on a farm to start. Long story. BUT, right now I'm in a cabin in the woods of my folks acreage and we have a campground I built as a teenager if you want to camp out.

Cool, Just might take you up on that. PM me some info on it. As long as its a cabin with indoor plumbing, full bathroom and a bed. I dont do tents any more. And not walking half a mile to a bathroom in the middle of the night.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

72 community planted TIP (tank in progress) Empty New Pics

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-27, 21:18

Of the full tank.

New Crypts. I know, shoddy substrate...

Sword Forest.

New Moss!

One of my Emperors in front of my Cardinal school in the Sword Forest.

The right from the left.

The joy of a bowfront.
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regan24 2010-07-27, 23:35

Bowfronts kind of make me ill LOL

regan24
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ledieudufromage 2010-07-28, 00:05

regan24 wrote:Bowfronts kind of make me ill LOL

I wasn't sure about it at first but it has really grown on me. I can see behind things on the opposite side. It's really cool for that.
ledieudufromage
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-07-28, 00:15

ledieudufromage wrote:
regan24 wrote:Bowfronts kind of make me ill LOL

I wasn't sure about it at first but it has really grown on me. I can see behind things on the opposite side. It's really cool for that.

lol you two should try a wave thank it'll make you sick in a hurry lol... but like the look of your thank cant wait to see those plants take off gonna look great
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down