Acid Buffer

2 posters

Go down

Acid Buffer Empty Acid Buffer

Post  Chiisai 2014-05-03, 00:21

So i have been struggling at home with PH. I have my acara tank that i am using tons of PH Down just to keep it at 7.2. However i have been looking into alternatives that are plant safe and do not cause algae blooms. I came across SeaChem Acid Buffer. In the hotel i am at i have my 25 gal ram tank with the water out of the tap running 7.8ph. One teaspoon of this stuff in a gallon jug dropped the PH off the scale. I put in a teaspoon in the ram tank and ph went from 7.6(ph down dosing for last few days) to 7.4.

I am interested to see if seachem is correct about no risk of algae blooms and plant safe. Anyone else tried this stuff! So far its an answer to my prayers.

P.S. I have bogwood, peat and indian almond leaves in acara tank which doesnt seem to help much.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Acid Buffer Empty Re: Acid Buffer

Post  jrmakawoody 2014-05-03, 10:54

If your fish have already adjusted to the ph of your tapwater, you are probably hurting them more than helping them by trying to wrangle the ph to what you want it at.
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-05-03, 13:58

Well acaras are best suit between 6.5-7.0. So my goal was to get it somewhat matural. Also water ph is what has been keeping me from having apistos which is my dream fish. Regarding the fish i was hoping to only lower ph be .1 every 3 days but the measurements arent very exact so i will have to play around with a 5gal bucket of water to get the measurements down.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down