Best/most cost efficient way to heat a planted tank?

3 posters

Go down

Best/most cost efficient way to heat a planted tank?  Empty Best/most cost efficient way to heat a planted tank?

Post  anchlo_808 2014-04-05, 22:06

So since I moved from Hawaii where tank heaters are unheard of, what is my best option when it comes to heating? I'll be setting a 75-90 heavily planted tank with both inj c02 and Ray 2 LEDS..... Oh, I also plan to run two canister filters...
In line heaters with the outlet hose? In tank heater? Is there an all in one co2 and heating regulator that you can recommend? Thanks in advance.... Josh

anchlo_808
Fry

Back to top Go down

Best/most cost efficient way to heat a planted tank?  Empty Re: Best/most cost efficient way to heat a planted tank?

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-04-05, 23:24

I'd say your best bet is just using an in tank heater. When you keep things separate it's easy to fix should something go wrong.

For instance if the canister filter has an inline heater and the impeller breaks you don't notice right away. You'll not be heating the tank anymore etc.

Also often times the inline heater is behind the tank and much harder to see if a light is ever coming on etc. Or staying on for that matter.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Best/most cost efficient way to heat a planted tank?  Empty Re: Best/most cost efficient way to heat a planted tank?

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-04-06, 11:18

I enjoy an inline heater because it's not in the way physically or visually. So if your trying to make a small display tank where space is a premium I would consider an inline heater.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down