sidekicking
Doza
Addictedtofish
regan24
footbllplyr19
IceBerg
11 posters

Go down

"Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught! Empty "Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught!

Post  IceBerg 2010-07-11, 11:22

They finally caught the "Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore! You can't steal Bob Rivers plane and get away with it! lol!

"Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught! Colton-harris-moore

'Barefoot Bandit's 2-year run from law is over
By JUAN McCARTNEY
Associated Press Writer

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) — A U.S. teenager who allegedly stole cars, boats and airplanes to dodge U.S. law enforcement for two years was finally captured Sunday in the Bahamas, bringing an end to exploits that made the "Barefoot Bandit" a folk hero.

Colton Harris-Moore was arrested before dawn in northern Eleuthera, said Sgt. Chrislyn Skippings, a spokeswoman for the Royal Bahamas Police Force. A contingent of high-ranking officers traveled to the island to take the suspect to Nassau, the country's capital, where he faces possible extradition to the United States.

Island police had been searching for the wily 19-year-old thief since he allegedly crash-landed a stolen plane a week ago on nearby Great Abaco Island, where he was blamed for a string of at least seven break-ins.

Authorities caught Harris-Moore as he attempted to dock a boat at Harbour Island, a small tourist destination just off mainland Eleuthera, said a senior police official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case. He said authorities had been watching the coastlines overnight.

Harris-Moore, who has been running from American law enforcement since escaping from a Washington state halfway house in 2008, gained fame and thousands of fans who admired his ability to evade arrest. He is suspected of stealing cars, boats and at least five planes — including the aircraft he allegedly lifted in Indiana and flew more than 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) to the islands off Florida's coast, despite a lack of formal flight training.

The teen is a skilled outdoorsman who honed his abilities growing up in the woods of Camano Island in Puget Sound about 30 miles (50 kilometers) north of Seattle.

Island police picked up his trail in Eleuthera after recovering a 44-foot (13-meter) power boat stolen from a marina on Abaco, 40 miles (65 kilometers) to the north.

Burglary victims in Eleuthera told The Associated Press on Saturday they had little doubt the lanky, 6-foot, 5-inch (1.9-meter) fugitive was on the island.

Ferry boat captain Freddie Grant said he was returning from Harbour Island on Wednesday evening when he saw a tall, white teenager bathing or swimming in an inlet near the ferry landing. Ferry service employee Stan Pennerman also said he saw Harris-Moore lurking in the woods the same day.

Neither man thought much of it until they noticed the next morning that somebody had damaged the ignition system on three of their boats.

A bar at the ferry landing was also burglarized Wednesday night by a thief who cut a screen to break in, dismantled a security light, and moved the television's remote controls, said Denaldo Bain, the 30-year-old manager of Coakley's International Sporting Lounge.

"He was watching television. He was just chilling," said Bain, who also said he saw the teenager in the inlet.

Sightings were later reported elsewhere in Eleuthera, including at a bar in Governor's Harbour, 50 miles (80 kilometers) to the south, where one witness said Harris-Moore bought drinks for a girl. Others claimed to see him driving a rental car around the island Saturday.

Harris-Moore's mother, Pam Kohler, has said that he had a troubled childhood. His first conviction, for possession of stolen property, came at age 12. Within a few months of turning 13, he had three more.

But Kohler also has publicly defended her son, saying the allegations against him are exaggerated. She has told the AP that she hoped he would flee to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the United States.

Reached early Sunday at her home on Camano Island in Washington state, she said she'd heard the news about the arrest but had no comment.

Harris-Moore was sentenced to nearly four years in juvenile detention after being caught in an unoccupied home in 2007, but he did well enough there that he was transferred to a group home, where he sneaked out of a window more than two years ago.

He was dubbed the "Barefoot Bandit" for allegedly going shoeless during some crimes and once allegedly leaving behind chalk footprints as a calling card.

His legend has grown as supporters have bought "Run, Colton, Run" T-shirts and written songs about his exploits. He has tens of thousands of followers on Facebook.
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

"Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught! Empty Re: "Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught!

Post  footbllplyr19 2010-07-11, 16:59

I was starting to hop on the bandwagon and cheer for him. Its amazing a 19 year old kid can run from the authorities as well as he did!
footbllplyr19
footbllplyr19
Fry

Location : auburn/federal way/milton/ edgewood/ ya i'm confused too

Back to top Go down

Post  regan24 2010-07-11, 17:40

What a douche bag. Seriously, what are you doing with your life? Stealing planes and boats and cars? Life's not a movie, and if it is you just had your anti climactic ending. Pff. I think he's an idiot. He's extremely vain and he just wanted attention.

regan24
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-11, 17:40

I hope they execute him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-11, 21:13

He use to be my neighbor about 3 1/2 yrs ago when he started his stealing spree and wound up in jail. His mom lived 1 street below my old house I owned and he use to walk by to go to my next door neighbor to hang out alot. then his mom kicked him out and thats when he started his crimal spree to the point of being known on camano island.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-07-11, 22:24

wow.. lol
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-07-12, 01:37

Yeah this guy is a total douche bag!!!
he should be hang lol
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 03:17

Really, hung for just stealing? He didnt kill anyone, and the only reason he kept going on was the lack of lawenforcement and state funding. I applaud the guy making it as far as he had gone, always on the run and was able to figure out flying and landing planes safe enough for him to escape. Since the guy was 3 points shy of Einstein's intelligence and school being a bore, now hes only going to get a real education in what excites him. So capturing the guy and throwing him into prison for 10 to 15 yrs. at the age of 19 is only going to prepare him for harder crimes in the future. Maybe now the government should use his intelligence for the good of the people as payback for all that he has done.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 03:50

Wow, what a load of horse shit.

Back to top Go down

Post  regan24 2010-07-12, 03:50

There are PLENTY of people who are geniuses that can find other ways to release their boredom. He could have started college early, but instead he was a little punk that decided to get national attention. And like other geniuses, he was a big narcissist. If he wasn't he wouldn't have taken a picture of himself with a stolen camera, he WANTED to get caught, he WANTS notoriety and to be remembered notoriously. There were many other ways that he could have used his mind, rather he chose to be a criminal. There's no way the government can use someone like him. Indeed, he does not deserve the death penalty, but he also does not deserve to be hailed as a hero. He's just another wanna-be thug running around acting like he's hard, when really he's just a white kid from camano island whose parents probably didn't pay attention to him enough.

regan24
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 04:21

Remember the movie Catch me if you can?? True story about Frank Abagnale Jr. he was used by the FBI after he did his time.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regan24 2010-07-12, 04:27

This kid is immature and could not handle federal duties. He would be too much of a liability, and the millions of Americans that have their head on STRAIGHT would NOT support a felon doing this. I disagree, he needs to man up, serve his time, and then go to college or something.

Einstein never stole a plane.

"Applauding" him is saying you support him, and supporting an immature kid is absolute insanity to me. I don't care that he eluded the authorities, he's still a punk that deserves EVERY punishment that comes his way.

It's easy to run when you're the one calling the shots, the police were one step behind him the WHOLE time. As far as flying a plane? I bet I can learn how to pilot a plane as well just by using Google. There are thousands of pilots out there that 1) legally fly, and 2) don't crash when they land. Does that make THEM genius? He is scum and his followers are scum as well.

regan24
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 04:28

Abagnale had a talent. This kid has no talent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 04:46

Sure if funny hearing other peoples points of view about life and how they should lead it. My opinion insanity is a person that goes through life doing what THEY think is right, which is based off of being programmed by our government and society when our politicians are just as corrupt if not worse and get away with it everyday, but yet society says its ok and re-elects the person for another term. By me applauding him does not say I support him, it says Im applauding him for being smart enough to stay that ONE step ahead of ALL the lawenforcement agents it took to look for this guy to only fail. And this was all done buy a punk kid of the age of 19. If being a criminal was so easy then why do most get caught after there first try?
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 04:50

A criminal is a criminal. Your glorification tells me you are a sheep. Such a rebel, you are..lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 04:53

Oh, and by your logic, you also applaud Osama Bin Laden for eluding the US Govt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 04:55

TBH, when I was younger I use to be a rebel and wound up in prison. But my whole point of my posts is stating that everyone has done something BAD in there life that could have put them in jail, but yet they set back and call the kid scum just because he was caught. Yes in a way I do since the government likes to stick there nose into everyones business. Maybe we deserve what happens to us.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 05:00

Addictedtofish wrote:Yes in a way I do since the government likes to stick there nose into everyones business. Maybe we deserve what happens to us.

Before you continue on this path, I want to tell you something. My uncle Charles Mills, a police chief in NY where I was born and raised, died in tower 2 on 9/11. Before you continue with your "maybe we deserve what we get" crap, think long and hard about it.

Last edited by Spyral on 2010-07-12, 05:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 05:10

Last edited by Spyral on 2010-07-12, 10:58; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 05:24

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-07-12, 08:26

Wow, people have really strong opinions on this kid. As for my opinion its really messed up because I still have strong Viking blood running through my veins. It tells me that it would awesome to go over to the next "village" steal their women, loot their houses, and then burn it to the ground. On the other side I have my brain telling me that's not very civilized, and prison wouldn’t be so "fun". I'm all messed up because I hate thieves and liars in real life, but in the movies I always route for the bad guys. confused

"Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught! Article-0-08080933000005DC-366_634x368
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-07-12, 12:56

If someone stole my plane, I'd want them to be punished. If someone stole my car, I'd still want them to be punished. But if someone stole my plane and crashed it...That's another story.

I can see both sides to this:

1. A kid from Washington state is effectively eluding law enforcement, and he didn't steal MY car, so run little guy, you can do it!!

2. That little ba**** stole my plane, crashed it in another state, and is still running! Are you kidding me!!?? Kill him.

See, people will have different opinions. Mine, well I'll keep mine to myself. Let's just say that I don't want him to be my neighbor.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-07-12, 15:50

Addictedtofish wrote:TBH, when I was younger I use to be a rebel and wound up in prison. But my whole point of my posts is stating that everyone has done something BAD in there life that could have put them in jail, but yet they set back and call the kid scum just because he was caught. Yes in a way I do since the government likes to stick there nose into everyones business. Maybe we deserve what happens to us.

I agree! He wasn't trying to kill anyone so he isn't scum in my book! Yeah, what he did was a crime and he shouldn't be let off without some sort of punishment but I think this kid has a bright future (after prison of course) hehe.... he's pretty damn smart. And really you think you can learn to fly a plane on google? Get real!
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 16:53

Just for clarification, I took off and landed a single engine plane on my first lesson, most people do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-07-12, 16:57

Spyral wrote:Just for clarification, I took off and landed a single engine plane on my first lesson, most people do.

cheers Wooohoo! good for you, but I'm sure he didn't take lessons! No need to take everything so personal, we all have our own opinions so why can't you just appreciate that? No one was trying to attack your great uncle charlie or whatever, stop being so snide...
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  CichofitAll 2010-07-12, 17:02

Addictedtofish wrote:TBH, when I was younger I use to be a rebel and wound up in prison. But my whole point of my posts is stating that everyone has done something BAD in there life that could have put them in jail, but yet they set back and call the kid scum just because he was caught. Yes in a way I do since the government likes to stick there nose into everyones business. Maybe we deserve what happens to us.

I'm glad the little sh^t got caught. I hope he goes away for a long time. No not everyone is a felon. Some of us obey the rules and laws of society. I hate people that think the rules don't apply to them. How would you feel if it was your car stolen, or your home that he broke into? I bet you would'nt be crowing so loud then. As far as your last statement if you feel like bad things should happen to the US you are free to leave. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
CichofitAll
CichofitAll
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 17:35

I really have a hard time believing You have never broke the law in some shape or form, Im sure you drive in the first two lanes on the highway and never once have you EVER gone over the speed limit. Im sure you have never copied a movie in your life when it clearly states prosecution if done.....If you have never once in your life ever broke the law, I applaud you for being such a obedient citizen programming to the governments opinion of how people should behave. I also have the right to complain how things are since no one wants to step up and change the way things are....including myself. Also there is a thing called insurance that would cover most if not all of your damages, if you really put that much value on material things then you yourself are breaking the law of the land.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CichofitAll 2010-07-12, 19:27

Addictedtofish wrote:I really have a hard time believing You have never broke the law in some shape or form, Im sure you drive in the first two lanes on the highway and never once have you EVER gone over the speed limit. Im sure you have never copied a movie in your life when it clearly states prosecution if done.....If you have never once in your life ever broke the law, I applaud you for being such a obedient citizen programming to the governments opinion of how people should behave. I also have the right to complain how things are since no one wants to step up and change the way things are....including myself. Also there is a thing called insurance that would cover most if not all of your damages, if you really put that much value on material things then you yourself are breaking the law of the land.
Stop putting words in my mouth and read. You said that everyone has done something that could land them in prison, I pointed out that no not everyone is a felon. I never stated that I never broke the law. I speed on occasion. I don't have to pirate movies and music I have this thing called a job, that allows me to buy what I want. I don't put a high value on material things, I do however work my ass off for what I have. I think it's crap that people like this kid feel they have the right to take what others work for. There is also more to someone breaking into your house than just the loss of tangible baubles. There is a violation of sense of security, sense of home. You sound like a conspiracy nut when you keep talking about "programming", that or some kind of hippie. Again if you don't like our country feel free to leave. We would be better off without people like you anyway.
CichofitAll
CichofitAll
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 19:41

I did read what you wrote, maybe I need to clarify my statement for you. Not everyone is a felon until there caught and if the crime is severe enough to become a felon. In some countries prison and jail are the same thing, If you would like I can edit my statement and put jail if that would make you feel better. Also my statement clearing stated that EVERYONE has done something in there life that would of put them in jail/prison, speeding enough times( and being caught) will land you in jail. I also said if your that RIGHTEOUS of a person that never does anything wrong then good for you. You are correct about everyone isnt a felon, thats the reason because they got away with whatever crime they did and not all crimes will give you the title or the punishment of a felon. Even if you go to jail your not a felon.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-07-12, 19:46

Let's just be happy that we're not in as much trouble as this "Barefoot" Kid!!
cheers

It's a win-win!
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-07-12, 19:53

It's still pretty funny that CHM stole Bob Rivers plane and crash landed it in Yakima. Very Happy
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 20:01

Is that where you live, in Yakima?
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-07-12, 20:04

Addictedtofish wrote:Is that where you live, in Yakima?

No, I live in McKenna. It says it right below my age. Very Happy
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-12, 20:09

I agree on the Bob Rivers lullz too..I did find that funny. I also find it kind of sad that he put a gun to his own head and had to be talked out of it by the authorities in the Bahamas. Regardless of my execution comment, there is really no reason anyone should be backed so far into a corner that suicide is the only option they can fathom.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 20:26

Oh wow I hadnt heard that, that is sad he took it that far instead of just giving up. Iceberg by chance where is McKenna? I never heard of the place. I was thinking by your comment that maybe it was a small town close to Yakima.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-12, 20:28

You could also look at it in another way, He could of done that and decided to take the insanity role to avoid actual years in prison for a few years in a mental hospital.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-07-12, 20:29

Addictedtofish wrote:Iceberg by chance where is McKenna? I never heard of the place. I was thinking by your comment that maybe it was a small town close to Yakima.

In between Roy and Yelm. Very Happy
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

"Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught! Empty barefoot bandit

Post  aaronfeeney 2010-07-12, 21:46

The asshole put the gun to his head for more attention,, and besides no one is going to shoot a guy who is aiming at himself. this little bastard deserves to pay fully for each and every single theft and international boundary law he broke. All added up that would put him away for a good long time. Folk Hero My ass , he's a prick.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Billiethekid 2010-07-12, 22:11

i applaud his ability to utilize what he had, BUT needless to say he didnt do it alone... notice that he only stayed ahead of the police while in WASHINGTON once he left WA he was caught within a REALLY short amount of time compared to his long time in WA. He F****d up and got cocky. In my Honest opinion he would still be on the run because of the help he had if he hadnt left WA. Thats my 2ยข on the issue. Good Job on Thoughtfulness REALLY POOR choice on application.
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/andrew.arcand

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-13, 17:01

Wow, the Bahamas really want to get rid of him! $300 fine and deportation!

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-14, 21:05

My wife just heard on the radio bout Colton Harris-Moore that on his flight back to the US from the Bahama's he asked if he could visit the cock pit and was kindly told "NO"!
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-14, 21:09

lol.."Yeah sure, come on up Colton..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-07-15, 04:23

Addictedtofish wrote:My wife just heard on the radio bout Colton Harris-Moore that on his flight back to the US from the Bahama's he asked if he could visit the cock pit and was kindly told "NO"!

ROFLMAO... haha How dumb does he think america is..
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-15, 04:26

My wife also heard his mom already signed for movie rights and she is glad he is home and what he done.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-07-15, 04:40

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_bahamas_teen_fugitive

See im not the only one with my way of thinking. Twisted Evil

scroll down towards the bottom for peoples comments.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-07-15, 09:29

This story once again proves that people with high or genius level IQ's are complete morons in real life. Who would have guessed that a 6'5 white guy would have a hard time hiding out in the F#$#@! Bahamas!!!
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down