THE EYE BITER HAS CAUGHT MY EYE AND WONT LET GO!

+2
FrontosaDude
InfamousRedlineZ
6 posters

Go down

THE EYE BITER HAS CAUGHT MY EYE AND WONT LET GO! Empty THE EYE BITER HAS CAUGHT MY EYE AND WONT LET GO!

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-19, 03:35

Like the title said! The Dimidiochromis Compressiceps A.K.A Eye Bitter has caught my eyes and wouldn't let my eyes go until I take him home! I wasn't planning to make any purchase today when I walked in the store. Just wanted to get some Prime for the tank. I just wanted to share with you guys on my new members of the tank! Enjoy

I will update you guys on more pictures once he settle in and color up some more! He's still showing outstanding color even though he's stressed out and had to wait in the car for a couple hours before heading back home!
Dimidiochromis Compressiceps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Same goes with this little guy! Showing outstanding colors and red even though he's stressed out
Fire Red Empress

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

THE EYE BITER HAS CAUGHT MY EYE AND WONT LET GO! Empty Re: THE EYE BITER HAS CAUGHT MY EYE AND WONT LET GO!

Post  FrontosaDude 2013-04-19, 06:20

Nice looking eye biters! very nice color! Be careful what you keep those with, they do get pretty big (up to a foot) and will need a LONG tank eventually, from reading your other posts I know that you keep a lot haps and peacocks, be careful mixing with those specific fish because eye biters target those fish as their main prey in the wild.
FrontosaDude
FrontosaDude
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

THE EYE BITER HAS CAUGHT MY EYE AND WONT LET GO! Empty Re: THE EYE BITER HAS CAUGHT MY EYE AND WONT LET GO!

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-19, 06:32

Thanks frontosa. Yeah I've been keeping my eyes on him but yeah just as long as they are all bigger than his mouth and plenty of places to run and hide. I'm quite surprise that he is very peaceful and calm. No chasing or anything just chilling by himself. I though that the eye biter and the red fin was going to go at it but I was wrong and happy haha Smile
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-19, 10:23

Aw, he's nice, makes me miss mine. My plan for a bigger tank never happened, so I gave him to another member of WFB who had room for him.

Mine was pretty peaceful most of the time, but I did have to extract three different fish that were too big for him to swallow and got stuck. One was a red empress over 3 inches long and another was a pleco that was really hooked in there. I had to use forceps and scissors to get that one out! You'd be surprised how big of a fish will fit in there. So yes, do watch him. That mouth is bigger than you might realize, but not as big as he would like! Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really liked that fish though. He would greet me at the top of the tank (like that first pic) and take food from my fingers. Enjoy yours.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  censeoflife 2013-04-19, 11:57

I can see why these guys would attract someone. Awesome! :O)
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-19, 12:04

censeoflife wrote:I can see why these guys would attract someone. Awesome! :O)

Plus One

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-19, 18:13

Wow Betty your compressciep is just too sexy! What size was it before you have it away and what size tank did you have it in?
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfalcons 2013-04-19, 22:17

That second picture in the first post reminds me of:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jose Jalepeno (on a stick!)

Flyfalcons
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-20, 04:53

Lol just add a mustache and turn him green you got yourself a perfect match lol
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-20, 18:41

Mine was around 6 - 8 inches maybe... I had him in a 75 gallon. He needed more than 4 feet of tank!
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-21, 02:56

Oh wow! Your Compress has outstanding colors for that size! and they try to fit 3" fishes in there mouth? WOW! haha
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  aaronfeeney 2013-04-23, 17:27

I ended up with Betty's eye biter, He lived in a 6 footer for several months until he became too aggressive (or hungry) for me.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-24, 01:07

I hope mine doesn't get super aggressive and hungry haha he is literly the calmest one in the tank! I can't wait until he really show his color!
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-24, 01:08

Sucks that he's not eating my nls pellets nor is he coming to the top of the water to eat Sad
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-24, 20:56

I sort of trained mine to come to the top to eat. That's not a normal behavior for them. He spent a lot of time angled head down, looking for fry or small fish. The other fish were aggressive eaters that would jump and splash around at the surface when I had the nls container in my hand, gobbling up the food quickly and that didn't leave much for the comp, so I started feeding the tank on one side and would lure him to the other side and made sure he was getting his fair share. It didn't take long for him to start coming to the surface when I fed.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-24, 22:59

Yeah I been doing that and today! I have succeed! He finally came up to eat but he's eating more than his share should be haha but I gues I'm happy now Smile
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-25, 00:22

Cool! He's awesome looking. Keep us updated with pics. Very Happy
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-25, 04:28

Will do Betty! Smile
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down