Catching a pea puff who is too damn smart

4 posters

Go down

Catching a pea puff who is too damn smart Empty Catching a pea puff who is too damn smart

Post  bronzefighter 2014-04-03, 14:24

So, I'm transitioning my pea puffs into a new tank and have come to a bit of a problem. I managed to catch all but one puff, and he seems to have wizened up to what I am trying to do. If he hears to tank top open, he will dart into the plants. If he sees the nets, he will dart into the plants. Hell, if he sees me he will dart into the plants.

Now, my aquarium is pretty heavily planted and it can be difficult to maneuver a net around the vegetation. Any suggestions?
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Catching a pea puff who is too damn smart Empty Re: Catching a pea puff who is too damn smart

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-03, 14:33

use 2 nets and lower the water level? Or a fishtrap Idk o.o whenever I can't catch someone I start pulling out decor....
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Catching a pea puff who is too damn smart Empty Re: Catching a pea puff who is too damn smart

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-03, 15:03

Take a pop bottle cut the top off and invert inside the bottle with the cap off. Put in his utmost favorite treat and wait Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-03, 15:41

A water proof firecracker will stun him. Then you can easily net him when he floats to the surface. (Idea came from 80's movie Crocodile Dundee.)

IM KIDDING!

Ugh, the worst! Having to start pulling woods, thrashing plants to get that ONE fishy...

My suggestion would be to take water down to 20% and slowly corral him in a corner. This maybe a a two handed job with net in one hand and wiggly fingers spooking the Puff to the corner. GL
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down