Need some help! 46 Gallon tall column tank, what should I do with it?

4 posters

Go down

Need some help! 46 Gallon tall column tank, what should I do with it? Empty Need some help! 46 Gallon tall column tank, what should I do with it?

Post  footbllplyr19 2010-07-10, 00:51

So many things I could possibly do, not sure exactly what I want to do! I have a 46 gallon Tall column thank that I got today. I don't know what I want to do with it. So many possibilities. I think it would be cool to do a rockscape on the back and do a variety of cichlids. I think it would be cool to show case a couple different small community fish, because in the tall tanks you can really show off the different levels of fish. Or I was thinking about doing about a foot of water in it, with natural growing ivy and plants, and do something tetras in the bottom, than lizards and frogs and different stuff up top. Give me your input on what you guys think. Also if I do a normal tank, does any one know of any canister filters that have a long downspout or any ideas on how to make one!
footbllplyr19
footbllplyr19
Fry

Location : auburn/federal way/milton/ edgewood/ ya i'm confused too

Back to top Go down

Need some help! 46 Gallon tall column tank, what should I do with it? Empty Re: Need some help! 46 Gallon tall column tank, what should I do with it?

Post  sidekicking 2010-07-10, 01:45

how about some dwarf cichilds that would be pretty kick ass
or your other idea with the lizards also sounds fun...maybe some green anoles
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Need some help! 46 Gallon tall column tank, what should I do with it? Empty Re: Need some help! 46 Gallon tall column tank, what should I do with it?

Post  Guest 2010-07-10, 04:27

whats the dimensions?

Back to top Go down

Post  footbllplyr19 2010-07-10, 14:42

Spyral wrote:whats the dimensions?

20-3/16"L x 18-3/16"W x 63-5/16"H
footbllplyr19
footbllplyr19
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-10, 14:43

OMG can you post a pictureof that, that is SOOOO wierd... i think i would lay it on its side and use it as a terarium. could also do the water section with land section and have a chameleon or some crested geckos!

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2010-07-10, 15:34

omg thought of the coolest tank EVER SO watter on the bottom and you know how sand did his diy background well make it extend out to make a platform for frogs and stuff and under the platform put like 2 LED light so you can see the fish and way to the right make the platform kinda drop into the watter to its like a pond and for the filter of the fish have a canister filter that has tubes going to the water both ways OR even better make a waterfall out of the out put SO SICK DUDE TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT
if i had the money i would so do it and on tha plat form have real plants and stuff SWEET king king king king king king sunny drunken Laughing Shocked
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  footbllplyr19 2010-07-11, 04:32

Doing a lot of think, jotting and drawing stuff down. I think, not positive what i'm going to do, is do about a foot of water, with some plants, and even some plants that extend their reach out of the water, than on top of the water mount a glass open top box, that is about 2-3 inches high, but not make it as big as the tank, about half the size, than do a soil, rock mixture in their and do plants in the box. I want twigs and stuff coming out of the water reaching the top, along with the plants, I want something that grows quick and high. Filtration, i'll probably end up doing a reptile submersible filter, it sounds quick and easy. Not too many fish, so I don't need the best of filtration. I am going to do a waterfall type thing, i will plumb water line to the top, and have a small pump and just let it run down the plants and twigs, make it a humid environment. For lighting, I'm thinking a T5 fixture up top, to make sure the plants get enough light, than in the water just doing a simple air stone with blue led's in it. Livestock.....I'm thinking just a couple different tetras, and of course shrimp, probably cherry shrimp, (But i did see some cool shrimp up at a place for pets in Burien) So i might be doing those too. Some crabs would look good also, and probably some green anoles, and long tail lizards, once I get the plants going.

A lot of planning to do. A lot of stuff to buy. If any one has any advice let me know, or if someone has some products that will fit my set up, that are willing to sell or gift, let me know too!
footbllplyr19
footbllplyr19
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  shua 2010-07-11, 12:38

breed food in it
shua
shua

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down