Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op!

+9
kingneptune
Drd62
poffman
Livebearer
Madness
fishNAbowl
MikeB
hyp3rcrav3
Aquarium Co-Op
13 posters

Go down

Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op! Empty Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op!

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-28, 02:42

Saturday February 1st Aquarium Co-Op will be donating 25% of all sales to help Liem get his pet shop back up and running.

For those of you who don’t know, Christmas Eve there was a fire in the international district that has condemned Liem’s Pet Shop. Many thousands of fish perished due to loss of electricity. Our hearts go out to Liem and his family. We would like to help him get back on his feet but we need your help! 25% of what you spend in the store on Saturday will be donated to Liem.

Please SHARE this with anyone who you think would be interested. I’ll be updating as the event gets closer with any additional information. We will see you Saturday!

For more info and updates, check out the facebook events page. https://www.facebook.com/events/230523620404730/

Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op! Liems10
Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op! Liem210
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op! Empty Re: Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op!

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-28, 05:00

I loved Liem's. Some of our koi are his and the snakeskin guppy genes in my colony are from him.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op! Empty Re: Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op!

Post  MikeB 2014-01-28, 05:03

love his store as well as him, never did get my mogwai but either way I really would love to see him back in business his store will be a store I hope to take my kids to and the story of legends Razz and the fact another store is willing to help just lends kudos them Smile I cant make it this Saturday but I also plan to help however possible if it be donating time to set up tanks or whatever he needs.. I'd do the same for any other store in the same bind Smile

MikeB
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-28, 10:34

Did he not have insurance , or anything that would help cover damages?!?!

Ill support this. See you Saturday!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-28, 19:02

Of course he had insurance. It is required by law for a retail business. They always give much less than the actual value of a fish. For instance, they may give him $1 for a $20 koi. Insurance never covers enough.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-28, 19:27

Actually live stock is not covered. I have a large insurance policy I carry at the Co-Op. However no one is willing to cover live stock. It's too easy to cook the books with it. Who's to say if that dead corpse is a feeder white cloud or a red arc pencil fish etc?
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-28, 19:29

It's actually pretty sad. If a fire happened to my building. They will pay my salary for up to 30 days. If I don't have access to the building at all. The problem is they don't give me anything for the 50k in fish that die at the same time.

This is all required by law. All the insurances protect the customers, but don't do much for the business itself.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-01-28, 20:22

Exactly. All of my tanks and equipment are covered, and even if one of my tanks explodes and damages my carpet, sub flooring, sheet rock etc.... thats all covered as well. But like Cory said, no livestock. You can insure your cats and dogs but not your fish. I tried and looked everywhere, no such luck.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-01-29, 00:15

Eheim was generous enough to donate a Eheim Classic to the raffle. Tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5 , 30 for $20. Lots of great prizes. All proceeds go to Liem.

Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op! Eheim10
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-29, 00:19

Madness wrote:Exactly.  All of my tanks and equipment are covered, and even if one of my tanks explodes and damages my carpet, sub flooring, sheet rock etc.... thats all covered as well.  But like Cory said, no livestock.  You can insure your cats and dogs but not your fish.  I tried and looked everywhere, no such luck.  

Never thought about insurance. In a new home now, perhaps I'll check it out. May not be a bad idea...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-29, 00:20

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:Eheim was generous enough to donate a Eheim Classic to the raffle. Tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5 , 30 for $20. Lots of great prizes. All proceeds go to Liem.

Help us support Liem’s Pet Shop Event at Aquarium Co-Op! Eheim10

Shocked - oooooh
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-01-29, 00:29

fishNAbowl wrote:
Madness wrote:Exactly.  All of my tanks and equipment are covered, and even if one of my tanks explodes and damages my carpet, sub flooring, sheet rock etc.... thats all covered as well.  But like Cory said, no livestock.  You can insure your cats and dogs but not your fish.  I tried and looked everywhere, no such luck.  

Never thought about insurance. In a new home now, perhaps I'll check it out. May not be a bad idea...

Your homeowners insurance should cover all that I pointed out, if not you should be able to add to it.  My home owners with Allstate covers everything.

Hopefully a lot of us will hit Cory's this Saturday, myself included.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Livebearer 2014-01-29, 01:54

Isn't livestock conciderd "mercandise" a pet store would stock? I know folks with racing pigeons worth $1000.00s of dollars and have them insured like a racehorse.
Livebearer
Livebearer

Back to top Go down

Post  poffman 2014-01-29, 12:26

Hoping to make it up for this Smile
poffman
poffman
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-01-29, 17:37

Are the racing pigeons insured by Loyds of London. They do that sort of thing?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Drd62 2014-01-31, 00:20

My insurance company has the same stance... will not cover the livestock (fish)
Drd62
Drd62
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  kingneptune 2014-01-31, 01:56

You know, this sounds like a good chance for all you fish shop owners to get together and create your own insurance that you all buy into.
kingneptune
kingneptune
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-01, 11:11

Okay everybody, its SATURDAY, who's all going to this fundraiser event?!?! I am going. Ive been to Liem's , he is very nice old guy. He got amusment of the wonder on my face when I point out what I thought was odd in his store. I believe his shop is his life , and he displays an interesting home feel vibe when I visit.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-02-01, 12:11

I'll be there.

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-01, 15:08

I plan to get there sometime late afternoon as it is an all day event it seems. Not only for Liem's but for th Co-op after the big tank loss.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-01, 19:00

Oh boy, busy at the Co-Op today! Got my raffle tickets, anyone else get some?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  zach_discus 2014-02-01, 21:01

I was there and spent just shy of $400. Some new and I must say awesome Finnex LEDs, 1 Planted + and 1 Ray2 7K. Also got me some Raff ticks, come n gallon of Florish!!
zach_discus
zach_discus
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-02-01, 21:52

I got myself a couple of filters, eheim skimmer (a.k.a. duckweed trap) and a batch of raffle tix. Come on lucky # slevin! And good luck to Mr Liem. I want him to bring back his awesome betta selection!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-01, 22:15

MRTom wrote:I got myself a couple of filters, eheim skimmer (a.k.a. duckweed trap) and a batch of raffle tix. Come on lucky # slevin! And good luck to Mr Liem. I want him to bring back his awesome betta selection!
You jumped on the FW skimmer ? Nice!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-02, 13:24

It sure was awesome seeing you all there at the store Very Happy
Looks like we managed to raise $1072.75 for Mr. Liem!! Couldn't have done it with all your support, everyone!

I'm sure Cory feels the same way, hopefully we'll hear from him as well. Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  strider 2014-02-02, 15:48

Job well done guys. You needed a shoe horn at times.
strider
strider
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-02-02, 15:54

thanks for all the great support. Enjoy the super bowl while we catch up at the store Smile
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  poffman 2014-02-03, 13:19

Store looked amazing considering what your week was like! Came in and bought a new rimless, and turned it into a Betta Condo. He seems very happy! I'll post pics in a few..
poffman
poffman
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-04, 19:09

Who won the raffle?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-04, 19:28

Raffle tickets were drawn out the night of the Fundraiser, and winning raffle numbers were posted on the Aquarium Co-Op Facebook Page:
(congrats to all the winners, btw!)

https://www.facebook.com/AquariumCoOp
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down