You show me yours, I'll show you mine...

5 posters

Go down

You show me yours, I'll show you mine... Empty You show me yours, I'll show you mine...

Post  TheFishPimp 2013-11-22, 09:43

Cartel Swap...

Anybody down to give a sneak "peak" into your swap stash??

I'll start...

Bringing at this point

4-6 different working, fully cycled canisters removed from Tanks Sat morning so they can be hooked straight up to ANY tank. Not bein lazy here, honest. Consulted with several on this decision and agreed, I have often wished for the option of a plug n play filter...save you 3-4 weeks of cycle time

8-10 HOB Filters(all tested), small and lg

1 RO filter with replacement cartridges

A box of small air pumps

A DIY moonlight

Both Aquaponic setups I've had on the board for a month now. Both large, the small one sold to MrTom.

I think that about covers my list thus far

I also have a 16gal wet dry Vac that is slightly larger than my Fish room accommodates so if anyone wants it for $50 I'll bring it, but it's large enough I need someone to ACTUALLY want it to bring it...if no one requests me to bring it...I won't. Sorry, only so much space in my truck...

TFP

TheFishPimp
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

You show me yours, I'll show you mine... Empty Re: You show me yours, I'll show you mine...

Post  KaraWolf 2013-11-22, 10:07

dwarf grass about 3 bundles
Java moss scraps that got pulled up with it
Probably a gaint bag of algae wafers since my RTS spits them instead of eats them.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

You show me yours, I'll show you mine... Empty Re: You show me yours, I'll show you mine...

Post  BillHN 2013-11-22, 12:28

BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-11-22, 13:24

I agree 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-23, 01:44

I agree too! lol

Dirty canister filters, seriously?

Who here thinks "plug n play" is a good idea with someone else's bio media? No slam, just wondering!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-11-23, 10:54

if the tank it came from is healthy why not? Very Happy though gently cleaning them before plug-and-playing them would be on my list. No need to start off with a filter full of muck.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-11-23, 11:55

KaraWolf wrote:if the tank it came from is healthy why not? :Dthough gently cleaning them before plug-and-playing them would be on my list. No need to start off with a filter full of muck.
So if u where setting up a new system and I was selling you a used filter system you would choose to use all the old media to establish your new system? Not really knowing about the system it came out of. Even if I thought all my filters where 100% healthy at the time of break down you would be okay with all the parasite outbreaks I've had, battles with cynobacteria, all the unknown deaths that have taken place over time?
I dont think I could ever do that really. I would choose patience and do a new cycle. I would defiantly seed my own systems from tanks that I have that's had no issues.

I think if I bumped into someone selling unclean filters I would ask for $$$ off for having to spend time cleaning & purchasing new media.... Just my $.02
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down