12 gallon underwater flower arrangement tanks

+3
LuminousAphid
PokeSephiroth
MRTom
7 posters

Go down

12 gallon underwater flower arrangement tanks Empty 12 gallon underwater flower arrangement tanks

Post  MRTom 2013-11-08, 05:10

Doing some random research and browsing, I ran onto these little... creations.

Basically it is a 12 gallon cylinder with some plants and fish stuck in it for display. The site purports to have maintenance instructions... but by our standards on this side of the water, these tanks are just short term displays meant to be torn down shortly aftern setup. However, they are rather attractive. Maybe someone can get into DIY and make something similar?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes, those are angels in a 12gal in that last one...
More at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Japanese only)

BTW, if you don't know about wolphramalpha... is is the bombest thing ever!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

12 gallon underwater flower arrangement tanks Empty Re: 12 gallon underwater flower arrangement tanks

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-08, 05:25

Those kinda remind me of my super nano tanks... but on a grander scale. Wow those look beautiful!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

12 gallon underwater flower arrangement tanks Empty Re: 12 gallon underwater flower arrangement tanks

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-08, 05:34

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2013-11-08, 11:42

I was hoping to do something like that with shrimp in a smaller cylinder vase I bought at value village (probably about 1/2 gallon) but never got around to it. I did just realize that I have shrimplets in my 20 gallon tank, though, so maybe it will be something to work on. I wouldn't want to use flowers though, because I think they would quickly begin to rot and turn ugly. Using real rock and wood is just as decorative in my opinion, and would eliminate that problem.
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2013-11-08, 12:19

I agree... i'd do moss or maybe fern in place of the flowers, but the idea seems reasonable. I just realized I have a similar 4.5 gallon (about) cylinder I could use for this! Water bubbles, and some emersed growth (bamboo?) and I'd be set!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-08, 13:44

flowers don't last long under water they rot really fast.
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-11-08, 14:06

MorganEA wrote:flowers don't last long under water they rot really fast.
Indeed. That's why you're supposed to yank off all leaves before you sit the stems in water. Boy do they start to stink fast if you don't.

I know a thing or three about putting flowers in vases... Cool 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-11-08, 14:15

pbmax wrote:I know a thing or three about putting flowers in vases... Cool 
You're the man, pbmax
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-08, 14:39

hehe my FFA floral team placed 3rd at nationals in Indiana Very Happy 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-11-08, 14:47

affraid 

That makes you the court-appointed expert! sunny 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-08, 14:51

LuminousAphid: you could totally do that. The cylinder shaped ones are one of the popular ones I make and sell.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-08, 23:52

Of course the flowers would rot fast, that's why MRTom mentioned that they weren't meant for long term displays and are meant to be torn down shortly after setup.

I could definitely see these being used for like, a wedding ceremony, or reception, white flowers with albino angel fish. Yeah totally doable! Smile
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-09, 00:09

what would you do with all the fish after Shocked
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-09, 00:24

Take them out and put them back in my Aquarium. Hahaha
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-09, 01:25

when my team would get hired to do weddings we would do 20-30 table arrangements, your going to need a bigger aquarium Razz 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-09, 01:35

Well yeah, I figured, those guys have like, a bunch of tanks that have a lot of fish, solely for flower arrangement event thingies.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2013-11-09, 03:02

Looking at the company and reading their website, it looks like they run a very large operation. Each of these setups costs about 300 to 400 dollars, and I am not certain about how long you get to keep it.

I just posted it as a "holy moly... this is out there... there has to be a better way" kind of post. I was also assuming that they were using plastic/silk plants rather than real plants. Flowers in japan (roses in particular) run about 3 to 4 times the prices they do over here, making this whole thing even more excessive if they were real (which I didn't find in the descriptions).

(Corrected site link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-11-09, 03:47

Naah, angelo's stuff is where it's at :]
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-11-09, 12:46

Lol thanks Bill. Smile I'm curious, what if I tried doing something similar to this, but with a twist? Time to put my flower arrangement skills to the test.... That I don't have.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-11-09, 13:53

if you want help just ask Smile
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down