20L multifasciatus and marlieri tank

5 posters

Go down

20L multifasciatus and marlieri tank Empty 20L multifasciatus and marlieri tank

Post  Anthony J. 2013-09-29, 13:17

This is not a permanent setup. I'm actually not very fond of the marlieri,  but I got them for free, so figured I would try my hand with some Julies. I will eventually get something else that I like more like ornatus or transcriptus.  But, for now while they are small and young,  I'm trying them out. I will in time upgrade the tank to a 40B or something else 36+ inches. And do multifasciatus, a smaller julidochromis,  and paracyprichromis nigripinnis. Anyway, this is how it looks now, with some shots of the multies. The julies are always freaked by the camera, so none of them, sorry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anthony J.
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

20L multifasciatus and marlieri tank Empty Re: 20L multifasciatus and marlieri tank

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-09-29, 13:52

I love this tank as I love shellies. Perhaps some Cyprichromis to replace the maleri? They'd release their babies over in those rocks.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

20L multifasciatus and marlieri tank Empty Re: 20L multifasciatus and marlieri tank

Post  Anthony J. 2013-09-29, 14:16

From what I have read, cyps need 48" as they are very active.  That's why I wanted to go for paracyprichromis nigripinnis, I have read they do fine in 36" aquariums.

And I love shellies too, so much fun, big personality, in little tanks Smile
Anthony J.
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  iandraco 2013-09-29, 17:33

[quote="Anthony J."]From what I have read, cyps need 48" as they are very active.  That's why I wanted to go for paracyprichromis nigripinnis, I have read they do fine in 36" aquariums.

your research on cyps and paracyps is spot on. paracyps will do great in a 3 footer. nice tank btw.
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-09-29, 23:39

Looks good! Nice shots of the multis.

I've had my marlieri for several years and I love them, but they were too rough on the little stappersii (shellies) that I tried to keep in the 29 gallon tank with them.  The marlieri are alone in the tank now.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony J. 2013-09-29, 23:47

Thanks, my multies are to rough on the marlieri,  one of them inhabits the rock structure, but only when it can stay out of the male multies way. The others are allowed to eat, other then that,  they are forced into hiding. I hear they are the most aggressive of all the julies, that's why I chose them.  But, cant stand up to daddy multie.... yet cherry

Last edited by Anthony J. on 2013-09-29, 23:53; edited 1 time in total
Anthony J.
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-29, 23:48

Good looking tank. Fish are looking great too!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony J. 2013-09-29, 23:52

Thanks D Smile.... its not really "scaped" its just set up to function. Multifasciatus over here, and julidochromis over there. I just wish they spoke my language, because no matter how many times I tell them, they just do what they want.
Anthony J.
Anthony J.
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down