Planted tanks update :)

4 posters

Go down

Planted tanks update :)  Empty Planted tanks update :)

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-21, 21:46

From the Plant It Forward we got going on...
Re did some of my 9.5L with Sunset Hydro & Riccia (thanks Poke for attaching it to rocks.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Star grass in my big tank.

More Star grass I picked up last month from a fellow member. This chunk is the reason I decided to go with this plant as a foreground & mid ground plant. It looks nice Smile

New Apistogramma in the 30. Picked up 1 male 1 female A. Panduro from Aquarium CoOp.

Another new fish in the big tank. Last one at the CoOp Smile, Platinum Angel.  Was worried if the 2 would get along. After a couple of hours of odd behavior on my silvers part they seem now inseparable (weird, best friends in a 7 foot tank I guess...)
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Planted tanks update :)  Empty Re: Planted tanks update :)

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-21, 21:49

Think I posted this in the wrong spot... Sorry MOD...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-21, 22:15

I love that platinum angel, it is a beautiful fish!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-21, 22:32

DMD123 wrote:I love that platinum angel, it is a beautiful fish!
I know right! I was amazed when I seen him. It has a "blue gene", so the fins shine with an iridescent blue.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-21, 22:46

two comments: first, that apisto is sweet. I got one of those today too.

2nd, what's the footprint of a 9.5L tank? I guessing something similar to my 5g hex???? maybe????
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-21, 23:09

lloyd378 wrote:two comments:  first, that apisto is sweet.  I got one of those today too.

2nd, what's the footprint of a 9.5L tank?  I guessing something similar to my 5g hex???? maybe????
I call it a long. It is a metal framed tank I reconditioned. Dimensions are 6 inches front to back, 1 foot deep, 2 feet long.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-21, 23:22

6 inches front to back is crazy narrow..... maybe i missed it, but what fish are you keeping in that?
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-21, 23:27

lloyd378 wrote:6 inches front to back is crazy narrow..... maybe i missed it, but what fish are you keeping in that?
Currently dwarf corydoras & pea puffers with a couple Amano shrimp.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-21, 23:32

pea puffers..... that's awesome! Do they get along ok with the corys and the shrimp? I always thought they would bite little bitty chunks out of tankmates.

I noticed in that picture that the tank was on top of a table, but at that size it would also be perfect on a bookshelf! I'd like to find a tank like that for my classroom now....... thanks for inspiring me
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-21, 23:37

oh wow, you bought that platinum angel! Good for you Chad! I'm glad it found a good home(tank) to go to!! Very Happy

After I got home, I had to just dump the Rummies, Neons, and Killies, into my 100 gallon tank, because we had to leave for Ocean Shores for the State Democrats Committee Meeting, I basically parked my car in the garage, and we all left for Ocean Shores. hahahaha =P I sure hope they're doing well in the 100 gallon tank, once I get home. I will have to catch them and transfer them into the 36 gallon bowfront tank........unless they're happy in the 100. hahaha!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2013-09-21, 23:55

lloyd378 wrote:pea puffers..... that's awesome!  Do they get along ok with the corys and the shrimp? I always thought they would bite little bitty chunks out of tankmates.

I noticed in that picture that the tank was on top of a table, but at that size it would also be perfect on a bookshelf!  I'd like to find a tank like that for my classroom now....... thanks for inspiring me
I just put the puffers in last night. All seems well, they are all swimming around together okay. There are 3 of them to keep each other preoccupied with a bunch of snails to conquer so I sure hope they leave the Corys alone. Also, in the tank they were in I watched their behavior beforehand with other fish...

The tank I found at a yard sale purchased for $7. Was a good find!

PokeSephiroth wrote:oh wow, you bought that platinum angel! Good for you Chad! I'm glad it found a good home(tank) to go to!! Very Happy

After I got home, I had to just dump the Rummies, Neons, and Killies, into my 100 gallon tank, because we had to leave for Ocean Shores for the State Democrats Committee Meeting, I basically parked my car in the garage, and we all left for Ocean Shores. hahahaha =P I sure hope they're doing well in the 100 gallon tank, once I get home. I will have to catch them and transfer them into the 36 gallon bowfront tank........unless they're happy in the 100. hahaha!
Good luck catching those Rummynoses, took me forever fishing them out of my 140. But, you have gotten lots of practice at catching fish lately Very Happy
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down