This is why you can never have "too many" MTS in your tank(s)!

5 posters

Go down

This is why you can never have "too many" MTS in your tank(s)! Empty This is why you can never have "too many" MTS in your tank(s)!

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-19, 17:50

Simply amazing. Very Happy Stupid Petsmart/Petco for not giving them to me when I ask them nicely. Blerg! Not that I need any more MTS in my tanks... lol. But I mean, come on...

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

This is why you can never have "too many" MTS in your tank(s)! Empty Re: This is why you can never have "too many" MTS in your tank(s)!

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-09-19, 17:55

lol, at that point you just scoop them out yourself when they're not looking Twisted Evil 
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

This is why you can never have "too many" MTS in your tank(s)! Empty Re: This is why you can never have "too many" MTS in your tank(s)!

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-19, 18:04

LOL!!! Yes.

"What? I'm doing you guys a favor. I'm practically cleaning out the tanks for you, AT NO EXPENSE TO YOU GUYS!! Leave me alone."
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-09-19, 18:17

LOL nice. those guys look like they're being led around by a giant tongue instead of crawling around at that speed ahahahah.
what does pet*company* get them accidentally and get infestations then? 0.o
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-19, 18:21

I think they're just lazy/following rules of the store, and whatever wholesalers they go to, have them packaged with their fish as a "contaminant"... and when they introduce the fish into their tanks, they just dump everything in the tank, instead of just the fish. That's the only thing I can think of.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-19, 23:48

Honest question alert:

being that i know nothing about snails. are these the beneficial types or the invasive "no-good" type? I can't really tell by the comments.
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-20, 00:03

Thats weird. I always get snails from Tukwila petsmart. They just dont lke you pokie. Joke lang. lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-09-20, 00:39

MTS are the good snails Smile they eat all the algae and stir the dirt if you have any.
and by good I mean they do something we want them to do, ...pest snails are only pests because we decide they are, they're not doing anything wrong but breeding too quickly usually >>
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-20, 00:40

lloyd378 wrote:Honest question alert:

being that i know nothing about snails. are these the beneficial types or the invasive "no-good" type? I can't really tell by the comments.
Malaysian Trumpet Snails are more beneficial than they are a nuisance, for me at least, because, not only do they eat algae, but they also dig under the substrate, which helps aerate the substrate, so it's good for any plant roots, and also prevents any anaerobic gas pockets from forming. They eat dead plant matter, any any uneaten food (just make sure not to overfeed, of course).

Other than that, they look pretty neat Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-20, 00:48

Thats why I have been trying to get some but not pay 50 cents per snail at blue Sierra.  Petsmart Tukwila only has pest snails for my pea puffers but none  or 1 mts snail out of 100 pest snails.  That reminds me. Bumping my ad. Thanks pokie for posting thread.

Off the subject here for a minute. Can u mods unlock NYK 's ad for his fish to sell. He reached his 15 posts and member for more than 20 days now. He's my buddy. He has great looking africans. Now back to the program.

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-20, 01:03

Thanks for the info poke.... Figuring out the realm of snails is like trying to learn a foreign language.....I'm struggling at my age to do it. I think I have baby mystery snails and a couple of ram horn ones, but none of the ones in the video( I think anyways) but I wanted to make sure that the ones you posted weren't the pest ones as there's a chance I might have them haha. Guess it's a wait and see type of thing
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-20, 01:06

MTS are nocturnal so might not see them. Unless you turn on the lights after 2 hours to check if you see cone shaped snails on the walls of the tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-20, 01:59

Malaysian Trumpet Snails, are easy to differentiate from rasmhorn snails, mystery snails, bladder snails, and other snails. They have an elongated shell, unlike others Smile

Ramshorn snails are nice too, as they also eat dead plant matter, at least mine do hahaha... they also make great food for puffers, and clown loaches. Nom nom nom!!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-09-20, 04:06

I had a large amount of MTS in my substrate when I had my guppy tank. They were everywhere, but the tank was needing redone and the sand and the snails were dumped out. Oh well, I still have them in ten gallon tanks!
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down