Red Devil?

4 posters

Go down

Red Devil? Empty Red Devil?

Post  Jessikins 2013-09-18, 15:25

Picked this guy up with a batch of RDs from Madness a year ago, wondering why he looks so different compared to the others I got at the same time. Could it be that it's still young and colors will continue to change? There are 2 out of 5 that look like this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Red Devil? Empty Re: Red Devil?

Post  Madness 2013-09-18, 15:31

Yours are finally peeling. I have 2 left and they still looking blah. I have several different color variation possibilities now if you want more. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-09-18, 15:36

If only space permitted!! We have two that must be peeling, one GIANT boy that is the tank master, but he doesn't have much color, and one that likes to be really dark at all times. We have been trying to decide who will stay and who will go. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-18, 15:40

Yep its a wait and see situation.

I had got three midas and gave two to Lloyd a good 7 months ago, those ones peel and look awesome and mine still looks blah. Im getting impatient waiting, so I know how you feel.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-09-18, 15:46

They are going to outgrow the tank space before I see some true color, dangit! Although I for sure have a one beautiful male Dovii, 2 nice looking Isletas, 1 Zonatus, and one vibrant male Festae to look at. This waiting game is killing me!
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-18, 15:48

I have 2 inchers from my wc pairs that are already starting to peel. The ones you have came from Dan @ cichlidsoftheamericas. I am not impressed with the colors.

If you want to move those and grow some (BETTER) looking ones out, I have 3 different pair combos and will give you a great deal on some. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-09-18, 15:57

Maybe some trading? I only have one tank set up for now... Sad 

I have a few that I would be okay with finding a new home for. I'm actually only aiming to keep around 5 if possible, until we move and have more fish space... hehehe! I am almost thinking I just want to keep the Isletas, Dovii, and the Festae. Would you want the others? I've been trying to sell them but no one wants them Sad

another off topic question.... as they get bigger is it preferable to have less decorations (rocks, caves), because everything is looking crowded but I don't want them to start murdering each other.
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-18, 16:03

Yea, I already have those other fish so not interested, sorry. As for decorations, caves, they are a good thing, it gives the fish a sense of security and a place to hide if necessary. If you remove it all, it could be chaos. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-09-18, 16:09

Haha I understand, thank you!! Spot On 

As soon as we have more tank space we will have to come take another look at what you have.
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-18, 17:22

Yes, once they peel they really do become beautiful fish! I have 3 that are different shades of orange and like each of them...... Especially Myrdal from dmd, that one peeled to a nice orange, but has jet black eyes and black streaks throughout his fins..... He's currently the only fish in his tank
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-18, 18:44

Myrdal?

Its funny because I kept the dominant male out of the three I had. It has a good personality but no real color yet. I thought it would have been the first to color up. I feed mostly pellets so that might be another factor. I know Lloyd uses frozen krill which might have some bearing on color.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-18, 19:35

That should have read my Midas..... Not that other m word..... As for personality, he just recently became rather aggressive.... Beating up some of his tank mates, that's why he is alone right now. Going to introduce my bigger wc Midas to the tank soon to help mellow him out
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down