red devil rocker

Go down

red devil rocker Empty red devil rocker

Post  Guest 2013-02-06, 22:59

Got my four little red devil babies today I am attempting to form a breding pair these little guys were a little shy but the quickly came around!! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

red devil rocker Empty Re: red devil rocker

Post  Madness 2013-02-07, 02:01

Where did you get the little guys?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-02-07, 11:50

Oh,

I got them from aquariam paradise down in lakewood the had like about 50 @ $5.99 ea.

they get them in eery friday go check it out!

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-02-07, 17:11

Just an FYI, your Red Devils are most likely not Red Devils. I spoke with Dom on those and he wasnt sure of the origin of them, and because so many stores (petsmart, petco, and our fav LFS) sell both midas and Devils as Devils, so many hobbyists dont know the difference and before long everything is a hybrid of the 2. We like to call them MiDevils.

More than likely these days, do to the fact that these 2 species have been cross bred for so many years, that if you do not get your devils from a reputable place where they have definite Devil or Midas breeders (Wild caught), I would not trust that the fish is pure.
I would hate for you to grow these Devils up only to find out when they are 7"+ that they look nothing like a Red Devil.

I am not telling you this to promote the sell of my fish, but I do breed my Red Devils and they are all WC. I have around 15 @ 3". And I have a beautiful white female from my original spawn available, she is 9-10", also A Place For Pets has a beautiful F1 male from my pair that is pushing 9", he too is mostly white with some bright orange in some unique places. Every time I see him I want to get him, but have nowhere for him to go at the moment. Just tell Kevin there that you want Shawn's Red Devil offspring. Smile (the one upstairs is not mine so I would not trust that it is pure)

Here are a few pics that I just took of mine.
My main WC male[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

An F1 female that purchased from Jeff Rapps about 6 months ago
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My WC barred red Red Devil female. ( been trying to get her and my male to spawn for a very long time)

This is my monster WC Devil 14" and thick (he could be available for the right price)
He is in his pond

And this is the white F1 off spring from the 1st male

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-02-07, 18:01

PM sent!!!!

Back to top Go down