Gryphon
DMD123
lloyd378
MorganEA
Madness
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pics of the Madness  "A MUST SEE" - Page 2 Empty Re: Pics of the Madness "A MUST SEE"

Post  Betty 2013-09-02, 12:54

Gryphon wrote:A trip to see Madness's tanks will amaze just about anyone.
I'll admit I was amazed!  Seeing them in person was much more impressive than pics or video.

Nice pics and thanks for including some of the Africans. Very Happy
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Pics of the Madness  "A MUST SEE" - Page 2 Empty Re: Pics of the Madness "A MUST SEE"

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 13:10

Nobettername wrote:Great batch of photos madness! Do you want any geophagus steindachneri fry?
Thank you sir. I may get some from you, I lost my pair a while back.

Gryphon wrote:A trip to see Madness's tanks will amaze just about anyone. I've been there twice and both times I left jealous as hell lol! 
lol Thanks Gryphon, I appreciate that. Smile

DMD123 wrote:Great pictures! Glad the polys showed up in them. Any issues with the bichir and plecos? Many things Ive read say not to mix because the plecos may get a taste for the slime coat and will go after the bichirs. Just curios because I want to keep my weeksii and rhino pleco together in the 210.
Thanks D, No I have had no issues. There is plenty of room for all of them to coexist without issues. In fact I have seen all of them in my wood pile together scrambling for food.

theChad wrote:Nice maddness, I live vicariously through the display of your monster fish. I miss raising them & am saddened from my wife back peddling on the 300+ gallon tank we where supposed to put in our new home. I paid good $$$ to beef up our house for a large room dividing tank only to be shot down... Perhaps in the near future Ill be able to raise up some Dovii Smile

Thank you for sharing!
Smile No problem Chad. Smile I dated a girl for about 3 years but when she started saying that I would not be allowed to have any of my big tanks if we got married. Nut Kick out the door she went. Now I am not saying this for you and your wife. LOL it was much easier for me cause we were only dating, but maybe you and the wife should have another discussion about the once agreement you had. Wink

Betty wrote:
Gryphon wrote:A trip to see Madness's tanks will amaze just about anyone.
I'll admit I was amazed!  Seeing them in person was much more impressive than pics or video.

Nice pics and thanks for including some of the Africans. Very Happy
Very Happy Thanks Betty, Cant remember how far back it was when you visited, but I am sure that there are more here now. LOL Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-09-02, 13:15

Beautiful fish, Madness! I think just about any fish you keep could eat all of my aquaria in only a couple of bites. affraid 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 13:29

cichlid-gal wrote:Do you have any of these Madness?  Vieja synspilum?  Pics?
I had a beautiful 11" male Syn, but sold him about 3 weeks ago.  I do have 4 Melanurus that I am growing, they are ranging from 5"-7".  Supposedly, they have classified both the Synspilus and the Melanurus as the same species.  So now all of them are classified as a synspilus, even though there is a distinct difference in body shape and color.  Here are a couple pictures of the syn I had and the Mels that I do have.

Here is a couple of the Melanurus
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the big Syn
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 13:35

pbmax wrote:Beautiful fish, Madness!  I think just about any fish you keep could eat all of my aquaria in only a couple of bites. affraid 
Thanks PB. Smile If you ever get tired of raising the food jocolor haha , let me know, I have a home for them. punk

Last edited by madness on 2013-09-02, 14:18; edited 1 time in total
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-09-02, 14:12

madness wrote:
cichlid-gal wrote:Do you have any of these Madness?  Vieja synspilum?  Pics?
I had a beautiful 11" male Syn, but sold him about 3 weeks ago.  I do have 4 Melanurus that I am growing, they are ranging from 5"-7".  Supposedly, they have classified both the Synspilus and the Melanurus as the same species.  So now all of them are classified as a synspilus, even though there is a distinct difference in body shape and color.  Here are a couple pictures of the syn I had and the Mels that I do have.

Here is a couple of the Melanurus
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the big Syn
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />
Sorry Madness...I missed all the pics in your original post and thought we were waiting on pics...geez...move to the bottom of the posts Donna will ya? Ha

Anyway, great pics of all your guys but these I LOVE. Especially the Syn...the colors on those amaze me. The Melanurus seem more orange in the face or is that just a being young thing?
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 14:17

Smile LOL The Melanurus actually is more reddish/orange in the face and more orange throughout the rest of the body. Once they mature.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-09-02, 15:21

madness wrote:
pbmax wrote:Beautiful fish, Madness!  I think just about any fish you keep could eat all of my aquaria in only a couple of bites. affraid 
Thanks PB. Smile If you ever get tired of raising the food jocolor haha , let me know, I have a home for them. punk
Haha, I'll keep that in mind. Wink Suspect 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-09-02, 15:57

Always a pleasure to see your tanks, you should do a open house deal some day and have everyone come down and check them out.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 16:33

Gryphon wrote:Always a pleasure to see your tanks, you should do a open house deal some day and have everyone come down and check them out.
We have a Cichlid group that was meeting once/month for a while there, but it has slowly died down so we have it once in a while now. But anyway, I had one of the meetings at my place, it was a great turnout, I think I had 20+ people stop by. Maybe our next Cichlid meeting will be at my place again. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 16:39

Time for the rest of the pics from yesterday. cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-02, 17:45

Im tired looking at all the pics.... jocolor 

Looking good! Are the cave the bichirs in the ones sold for reptiles? They seem to like them, I may have to try that.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-02, 17:59

So many amazing fish!! affraid 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 18:06

DMD123 wrote:Im tired looking at all the pics.... jocolor 

Looking good! Are the cave the bichirs in the ones sold for reptiles? They seem to like them, I may have to try that.
Yes, reptile caves, and if you get them from Ken's, they are massively cheaper.

MorganEA wrote:So many amazing fish!! affraid 
Thank you Morgan. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-02, 18:37

Cool thanks for the info, will look into that.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2