My cute little festae has inherited a big nasty attitude (haha) just an excuse to share!

+2
anthony
lloyd378
6 posters

Go down

My cute little festae has inherited a big nasty attitude (haha) just an excuse to share! Empty My cute little festae has inherited a big nasty attitude (haha) just an excuse to share!

Post  lloyd378 2013-06-22, 17:26

since the removal and relocation of a number of fish from her tank (to avoid future problems with water parameters) she has become a true "red terror."  this morning when I got up i noticed that she had pinned my red devil and midas to the top of two separate corners of the tank and my wc midas male was hiding under a log. I then observed her trying to lock lips with my red isletas.....needless to say, i have now given her a larger (6foot) tank with multiple tank mates to help disperse her lovely attitude....all i can say is, cichlids...gotta love them!  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here are two pictures from this morning where she is displaying some warrior paint across her body...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

My cute little festae has inherited a big nasty attitude (haha) just an excuse to share! Empty Re: My cute little festae has inherited a big nasty attitude (haha) just an excuse to share!

Post  anthony 2013-06-22, 20:27

When a cichlid looks like that you better believe it knows how to handle its biz!! And that's the female . lol!!!
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

My cute little festae has inherited a big nasty attitude (haha) just an excuse to share! Empty Re: My cute little festae has inherited a big nasty attitude (haha) just an excuse to share!

Post  fishyladdy 2013-06-22, 20:37

wow shes got some color to her! love it great pictures Smile
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-06-22, 21:22

If you ever think about moving her, let me know, I have the perfect male for her. Smile  She is looking great.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-06-22, 21:56

She is coloring up nicely. Spot On
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-06-22, 22:02

Madness I would trade you whenever you want. You know what im looking for(so when you get one let me know:cheers: )  Would also want to buy some of her babies
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-06-22, 22:19

UMBEE????????
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-06-22, 23:08

Ha ha, you know me well
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-06-23, 12:58

madness wrote:If you ever think about moving her, let me know, I have the perfect male for her. Smile  She is looking great.
That happens to be one from you as well!
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-06-23, 14:57

addicted i thought she was from a private breeder who brought it in to dominic?  not from madness.....are you sure?
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-06-23, 15:08

yes, addicted, please tell. Smile   didn't   think that she came from me.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-06-23, 15:16

Well the details are fuzzy and I am not 100% positive. back around when I gave her to you I had bought a bunch of fish through AP that madness had recently brought in and I could swear she was one of those. I had also been to wetspot a few times around then as well, so like I said I'm not 100%! Either way she turned out stunning!
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-06-23, 15:58

I'm guessing Wetspot as madness has never sold his fester except for a few fry....?at least to my recollection...... On a separate note, does anyone have or know where I can get some large caves or some type of underwater shelf for my frontosas to swim in and under?   Thanks
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-06-23, 18:45

Kens.  Check out Kens, I have bought a few lizard caves from him.  As for the Festae, ya I will never take Festae to AP, or any other more expensive rarer type fish. 

So I am hunting down an Umbee, Smile  What size are you wanting?  At least 4-5"?  How big is the festae?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-06-23, 19:25

Five maybe a bit longer....I'm talking total length . Thanks for the lead on rock caves. Yes umbee around 4 inches +
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down