Iv been waiting a long time for eggs!!!

+3
bassetman
cichlid-gal
Kaosu
7 posters

Go down

Iv been waiting a long time for eggs!!! Empty Iv been waiting a long time for eggs!!!

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-28, 00:25

It finely happened!!

my steadocranus tinanti have eggs...I was looking in my tank tonight and found a large pile of eggs !!

mom and dad guarding them well...4-7 days before I see wigglers I am so excited its crazy, i have been watching them court for months now and finely pick mates.

^_^

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Iv been waiting a long time for eggs!!! Empty Re: Iv been waiting a long time for eggs!!!

Post  Guest 2013-04-28, 01:02

Congrats Kaosu! Ive got plans in the near future of a W African biotope. A species of steadocranus is at the top of the list Smile

Back to top Go down

Iv been waiting a long time for eggs!!! Empty Re: Iv been waiting a long time for eggs!!!

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-28, 01:05

theChad wrote:Congrats Kaosu! Ive got plans in the near future of a W African biotope. A species of steadocranus is at the top of the list Smile
...well seems like your in luck ^_^ this is the first try so we shall see if they can raise them in the community tank..if not next round there will be less fish in the tank.

SSSOOOO excited it took these fish forever to mature in to breeding size..and even longer to pick mates and breed...over a year!. edit...: that would be two years we got them in mid 2011
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-04-28, 09:14

Those are great looking fish...love the way they "kiss" each other...LOL...will look for updates on the spawn...good luck and congrats
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2013-04-28, 10:14

Spawning must be in the air. Congratulations, it is hard to be patient while the grow and mature. I have jag and Dovii eggs right now Woot Woot
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-28, 13:40

thank you everyone! ..looks like most of them made it threw the night..even with snails and plecos in the tank...fingers crossed.

these guys are one of my favorite fish..a little over looked in the hobby but i love them!!

this is mom and dad...but about a year ago they both are much beefier now

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-04-28, 13:43

These are West African fish right?
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-28, 13:46

Salzabar wrote:These are West African fish right?
yes out of the congo river basin

ugh... I just love Randy so much..my dominant male ...who could not love that face?!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-28, 14:03

Yeah, Im going to get me some of these when I get my 100g set up. Nice photos!
Looks like you have my favorite rainbow fish in there with them. Madagascar I believe. Grew out a school of them a long time ago...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-28, 14:06

theChad wrote:Yeah, Im going to get me some of these when I get my 100g set up. Nice photos!
Looks like you have my favorite rainbow fish in there with them. Madagascar I believe. Grew out a school of them a long time ago...

yes I do...LOVE the madagascar rainbows I have 3, with 3 maccullochi rainbow fish witch are one of my all time favorite rainbows..3 yoma danios and 5 Hikari danios 2 yellow males and 3 blue females. ..dithers for the Tinanti but so pretty!
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  iandraco 2013-04-30, 09:58

congrats on the spawn. never seen those before. very cool!
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-30, 12:22

iandraco wrote:congrats on the spawn. never seen those before. very cool!

thank you...its been a long time coming I almost gave up on them!!

most of the eggs are still there and developing! ^_^

I think I might have two clutches going on int he tank...another pair have been guarding a hole under a log on the other side of the tank..but i cant see in.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-30, 18:40

i used to have one of those myself. i loved the fish but MAN was he mean to pretty much everybody. ended up having to bring him in to a LFS (they couldnt believe id be trading one of those in because of aggression issues Razz )
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-30, 20:34

Anthraxx wrote:i used to have one of those myself. i loved the fish but MAN was he mean to pretty much everybody. ended up having to bring him in to a LFS (they couldnt believe id be trading one of those in because of aggression issues Razz )

well they do best in groups 5 or more..so that might of been why you had aggression problems ..you sure it was a Tinanti?
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-30, 20:41

yup positive. ur hesitation believing it just reassures me that much more. thing was VICIOUS, kinda soured me to them but it was just a fish store trade in.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-04-30, 21:31

Anthraxx wrote:yup positive. ur hesitation believing it just reassures me that much more. thing was VICIOUS, kinda soured me to them but it was just a fish store trade in.

I can almost guarantee it was due to it being alone ..probably a frustrated male. mine are pushy and can hold their own but never been aggressive.

wild caught had them in my tanks sens they were about 2 inches.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-05-14, 02:28

so..after a few weeks of them guarding the cave..and me thinking they had failed the first batch I was surprised to find fry today!!!

...bad video but im so excited!! .....omg there are so many more than I was expecting...and Randy is beating up the other 4 in the tank...they need homes!!

ok better video
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-05-14, 09:59

Congrats congrats Kaosu...great babies!!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-05-14, 13:56

Thank you ^_^...sadly this its such an over looked fish so few people are as excited as I am.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-05-14, 17:48

wow thats AWESOME. i really love substrate spawners and especially fish like this where they protect the offspring for quite awhile. hope it works out for you, im sure somebody out there could find a home for some of these little guys. theyre a neat cichlid that i personally have always liked.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-05-15, 10:43

Cute! Congrats on the successful spawn.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-05-15, 13:06

Thank you everyone!!..looks like i need to start doing my breeding submissions for GSAS.. ^_^ getting quit the collection of spawns going!

..she has started bringing them out more and more and they are so adorable hopping around catching food. Im going to try and get more video tonight after work.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2013-05-18, 18:06

20 days old ^_^...they are so cute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down