All My Tanks

+2
ShortyKiloGyrl
PokeSephiroth
6 posters

Go down

All My Tanks Empty All My Tanks

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-25, 03:08

Here are all 5 of my tanks around the house. Tried taking some pictures, still toying around with the camera's settings...but here's what I have so far. Smile

55 Gallon tank, community fish tank with some fish here and there...not as overly stocked anymore, so nitrate levels are minuscule (thank goodness). Has lots of green, but most of the plants are fake.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

36 Gallon Bowfront tank, still going strong. Fish are healthy as ever, even my rummynose fish, their heads are SO red! Smile[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20 Gallon Planted tank, this tank also needs a trimming, it's a jungle in there as well! Still doesn't have any inhabitants other than ramshorn snails, and red cherry shrimp. Still need some stocking ideas for this tank.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15 Gallon tank, in my room beside my bed, and it's really relaxing! The shimmering effect even goes onto my bed, which helps kick up the ambiance! Smile[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10 Gallon Planted tank, looks like it needs some trimming, it's a jungle in there! But wait till you see my 20 gallon! =P[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

All My Tanks Empty Re: All My Tanks

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2013-04-25, 03:11

20 gallon planted tank would be awesome for some dwarf cichlids!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-25, 03:23

ShortyKiloGyrl, thanks! I was thinking of putting a pair of German Blue Rams... although, I'm still not entirely sure. Hehe
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2013-04-25, 03:28

There are some pretty neat colors in them. I was going to go this route but could never make it to a store that sold anything but the rams. I live in a town that has very minimal supply other than basic fish. Super red's have some great color. Here is a link if you're interested.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2013-04-25, 03:28

I love your tank next to your bed. Looks so peaceful. What kind of fish do you have in it?
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-25, 03:43

ShortyKiloGyrl, oh my GOSH that is a beautiful fish! I believe Cory from Aquarium Co-Op had/has those fish for sale! Smile I'll have to ask him about those fish, tomorrow!

As for the 15 gallon tank only has 2 baby Albino Bristle Nose Plecos in it, along with some red cherry shrimp, and some ramshorn snails. I might just keep it really simple, maybe have some neon tetras in there, about 5-10 or so. I want to keep this tank as low maintenance as possible. I'm hoping that as the plants start to grow, they will absorb more and more nitrates... thus cutting down on weekly water changes, but we'll see =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2013-04-25, 03:53

Portland or seattle are the two closest places for me to get anything like that and that is 2 to 2 and a half hours away from me Sad So for now it's just basic tropicals and my roommate has cichlids.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-25, 12:51

I really like the tanks. They all look so peaceful, so very different from mine. Smile
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-04-25, 13:08

good stuff poke! The 20 looks like a perfect home for rainbows.

My personal fav are pseudomugils. When the males flare off with each other it's quite the sight.
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-25, 14:24

ShortyKiloGyrl, being in Bremerton sucks aswell (as far as finding hard to find fish in concerned), luckily I'm not too far from the Kingston-Edmonds Ferry, a trip to Edmonds to visit Aquarium Co-Op is well worth it, in my book! Smile You should try heading up to Edmonds, it's definitely closer than driving down to Portland hehe... Even better, Cory SHIPS/MAILS out, so if you don't feel like travelling, he'd be more than happy to send the fish to you (so to speak) =P

I know Seattle is ridden with fish stores (which is AWESOME!) I've only been to a couple of them, but what I really want to check out, is A Place For Pets, in Burien, if you haven't been there, I STRONGLY urge you to go there Very Happy I've been told that they have some hard to find fish there as well Smile

Betty, thank you so much! I have a couple Albino Bristlenose Plecos you gave me in each of the tanks! I'm so happy that they're doing well (especially in my 55 gallon, they seem to be growing at a slightly faster rate than the rest of the tanks.)

binbin9, oh WOW!! Those fish look so beautiful!!! I just might give those a try, if I can find them, or maybe I'll ask Cory if he can find some for me. Thank you for the suggestion!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-04-25, 15:23

PokeSephiroth wrote:I know Seattle is ridden with fish stores (which is AWESOME!) I've only been to a couple of them, but what I really want to check out, is A Place For Pets, in Burien, if you haven't been there, I STRONGLY urge you to go there Very Happy I've been told that they have some hard to find fish there as well Smile

A Place For Pets is having their anniversary sale this weekend, might be a good time to check it out Smile
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-25, 15:32

Lamental Jester, hehehe... I'm aware of their sale, which is why I called them about 10 minutes ago. Unfortunately they don't have any Gertrude's Rainbowfish in stock at the moment (They sell em for about $7 each), and they said that they won't have any for several weeks. Blarg.

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfalcons 2013-04-25, 20:51

That 15 gallon would make a pimp betta tank.

Flyfalcons
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2013-04-25, 23:31

If I had room in any of my tanks that would be a good idea. I've heard alot about a place for pets and Aquarium Co-Op. If I wasn't so particular about picking out my own fish it would be great.

Do you have any suggestions for my post about the planted pea puffer tank?? I posted in the planted tank section and you clearly know something about them!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-26, 00:57

Flyfalcons, hahahaha it would! Although, the current filter I'm using causes too much water agitation (which I like), so I might not be able to keep a betta in there. Hehe...

ShortyKiloGyrl, I don't think Cory from Aquarium Co-Op would mind if you picked out your own fish, I mean, if you know how to catch em w/o too much effort, and if you asked him really nicely, he'd let you. =P

I think I remember seeing the post about the pea puffer, I'll have to go back to it, and see what you're talking about. Alas, I don't know much about pea puffers :X unless you're talking about Flyfalcon. Hehehe
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2013-04-26, 01:03

Oh I wouldn't need to catch them myself. But as for shipping them you don't get to pick the ones you want either.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-26, 01:13

Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now. LOL... whoops =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2013-04-26, 01:34

hehe no problem. Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-04-26, 01:36

PokeSephiroth wrote:Lamental Jester, hehehe... I'm aware of their sale, which is why I called them about 10 minutes ago. Unfortunately they don't have any Gertrude's Rainbowfish in stock at the moment (They sell em for about $7 each), and they said that they won't have any for several weeks. Blarg.

Midway has some Rare pseudomugils last I saw. Call and ask for Alex.

The fish store in Seattle also has some for about $5. It's where I got mine.
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-04-26, 02:31

binbin9 OMG... Midwaaaaaaaay...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down