Keeping my fellow wafishboxer UPDATED 2 on my africans

5 posters

Go down

Keeping my fellow wafishboxer UPDATED 2 on my africans  Empty Keeping my fellow wafishboxer UPDATED 2 on my africans

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-15, 06:48

Hey I just wanted to keep you guys updated on my tank and fishes. Please bare with me on the names, I suck at pronouncing their name haha. The mloto was fighting with the flavescent and ngara. The Ngara is the dominate one out of them 3 haha. Hope you guys enjoy!

Hap:
4x nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus
1x red top lithobate
1x copadichromis mloto likoma
1x Proto. Spilonotus Tanzania (Liuli)
1x Tanzania "star sap
2x Borlyi Red Fin Kandango
1x Protomelas Steveni Taiwan
1x Protomelas Tangerine Tiger
1x Protomelas Imperial Tiger

Peacock:
1x Lwanda
1x Ngara peacock
1x Usisya Flavescent
1x Maylandi Sulfur Head
1x Blue Neon Hai Reef
1x Eureka Red
1x Otter Point

Took a couple pictures to share with you guys. Im really sad that the pictures cant capture nearly half of their amazing colors. I feel like my phone takes better picture than this camera. Sad I took a couple pictures of the Taiwan Reef for you Anthraxx. I hope you guys enjoy!

Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lithobates Red Top

Copadichromis Mloto Likoma

Proto. Spilonotus Tanzania (Liuli)

Borlyi Red Fin Kandango

Protomelas Steveni Taiwan

Protomelas Tangerine Tiger

Protomelas Imperial Tiger

Red Top Lwanda

Ngara peacock

Usisya Flavescent

Maylandi Sulfur Head

ARE YOU GUYS DONE LOOKING YET? (Female BN Pleco) haha

Last edited by InfamousRedlineZ on 2013-04-18, 05:30; edited 4 times in total
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Keeping my fellow wafishboxer UPDATED 2 on my africans  Empty Re: Keeping my fellow wafishboxer UPDATED 2 on my africans

Post  Guest 2013-04-15, 07:50

"Whatcha looking at?"

Very nice Infamious Cool

Back to top Go down

Keeping my fellow wafishboxer UPDATED 2 on my africans  Empty Re: Keeping my fellow wafishboxer UPDATED 2 on my africans

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-04-15, 09:32

InfamousRedlineZ nice group of fish you have there. They will be beautiful when fully grown and are already showing some nice colors for you. Great pieces of holey rock too. The tank will look awesome when you put sand substrate in. Are you going to paint the background or put something on it?

I assume you will be moving the nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus breeding group to another tank so as not to have a female in your all male mix?

I am not a stocking person and especially not with the haps and peacocks but I noticed you listed 2x Borlyi Red Fin Kandango, will you keep both or move/rehome one of them also? I don't have experience with the all males tanks but my readings seem to indicate that 2 or more of the same males can cause troubles with your mix also. Your guys seem pretty happy now in the video so maybe that will not be an issue.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing it when the sand substrate is in.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-15, 17:27

Thank guys. Yeah I total forgot about painting the back before I setting the tank up Sad so now I have to just put someone on the back now. As for the fusco I will be moving them to a way bigger tank (My reason for a bigger tank in the future >Smile ) if I was to really breed them and yes having a female in a all male tank is bad and as for my Borlyi. I was thinking have 2 was a bad idea but it came out that both of them patrol the tank and keep everyone calm. Im super happy with them! THANKS TO NICK FOR THEM SEXY AND AWESOME RED FIN! hahaha
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-15, 17:58

" Loaded all pictures together " *EDITED*

Last edited by InfamousRedlineZ on 2013-04-18, 05:03; edited 1 time in total
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-15, 23:16

LOVE that taiwan reef!!!!!! however i would question the legitimacy of that "red top" lithobate. looks like the run of the mill yellow blaze variety. either way you know im in love with your haps. its something i ALWAYS wanted to try but never had the... well you know Razz. as others have said definitely dump the females in the tank or you will continue to see issues, may even wake up to a cpl dead fish one day. keep the pics coming and thanks for sharing! Smile
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-16, 00:17

Thanks Anthraxx. I'm positive that its a red top lithobate because I got it from Kevin at a place for pet and in person the blaze is more of a darker orange than yellow. You got any pictures of your yellow blaze and blue dolphin Smile
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-04-16, 00:41

InfamousRedlineZ wrote: Im super happy with them! THANKS TO NICK FOR THEM SEXY AND AWESOME RED FIN! hahaha

Lookin good. That german red would look great in that tank too haha. If you want any more let me know.
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-16, 00:42

this is the best one i could find, you can see the two lithos next to each other (both males, 1 dom, 1 subdom)

Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-16, 01:41

They look great Anthraxx! Want to sell one Wink
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-16, 06:55

Thanks Nick! Im actually trying to get rid of my otter point, blue neon and eureka red. Sad but thanks for the offer! Ill keep your german red in mind for sure Smile
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-16, 17:49

sry both groups were sold off to a member on here. Orthopod was his username. GL getting in contact with him (i have his number but feel wierd about giving that out)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-16, 18:04

oh yeah forgot you told me in the other thread lmao yeah its cool thanks for his username. I got 1 more pic of the lithobate showing great color in the face. I wish my phone would capture a better picture of the blue in his body and tail.

Heres my flavescent showing great yellow and black on the fin!

InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-16, 21:12

i cant wait to see him once hes "turned on", i swear thats how it worked for all the litho's ive had color up on me. all of a sudden one morning just BAM gorgeous fish. sure the blue slowly trickles in but it seems like just all of a sudden they turn on the blue. im still skeptical on that "red top" as kevin originally sold me a cpl lithos back in the day (ended up being yellow blaze's) gorgeous male that ended up with master chi if im not mistaken. maybe he has pics?
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-17, 01:23

I would be very sad if he turns out to be a yellow. The last all male tank I had, had a WC red top from Kevin and it was absolutly beautiful! One of my favorite haps. Their color combo just match so well haha
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-04-18, 14:16

I'm going to have an some extra juvenile male Aulonocara baenschi Nkhomo Reef ''Yellow Regal''s if you are interested...only about 1 1/2 to 2 inches now. I purchased to get a breeding group and I have two extra males. Of course, these are in "yellow" color group so not sure if they are something you are interested in or not. Oh...and no charge for one if you want one for your group.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-04-18, 14:28

Nice group of fish. It's good to see pics of Africans!

I don't know what it is about them, but the flavescent have always been a favorite. Make sure to post pics when he's fully colored.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-18, 17:26

OMG cichlid-gal your so nice! I would love to take them in! haha

thanks Betty! Yeah I dont really see much african pictures. I will do my best to get better pictures for you guys once they all start to color up! Specially that flavescent for you Betty!
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-04-18, 18:35

InfamousRedlineZ wrote:OMG cichlid-gal your so nice! I would love to take them in! haha

thanks Betty! Yeah I dont really see much african pictures. I will do my best to get better pictures for you guys once they all start to color up! Specially that flavescent for you Betty!

I'm sending one your way (and very happy to do that as I see you have a good home for your boys) if you think he will work out with your group...PM sent. And that means I have one extra male left I think...so if anyone is interested, send me a PM as I do not want to trample Infamous's thread with my fish ... LOL
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-04-19, 02:17

Thanks Cichlid-gal! I cant wait for them! It would be a great addition to my tank!
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down