hobbyorobsession
lloyd378
hbluehunter
fishman09
Madness
Addicted2CAs
10 posters

Go down

is $300 a good price for a Festae?!?!? Empty is $300 a good price for a Festae?!?!?

Post  Guest 2013-04-08, 13:13

Just wanted other opinions. The last one I picked up was $15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

is $300 a good price for a Festae?!?!? Empty Re: is $300 a good price for a Festae?!?!?

Post  Guest 2013-04-08, 13:28

I don't know. I to saw the post and said the same thing really nice looking fish but it seems like he wants alot for what he has and he said it is Not negotiable

Back to top Go down

is $300 a good price for a Festae?!?!? Empty Re: is $300 a good price for a Festae?!?!?

Post  Guest 2013-04-08, 13:53

I use to heckle CL adds where ppl had insane prices on product worth half the price. I may start doing it here too. I may get booted but what the heck its only a website. There are market rules against retail prices. So- if I heckle those that are breaking market rules think I'll get booted?

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-04-08, 13:55

I would have to say that is insane. I paid $350 for my wild umbee pair at about 8", I would not even consider buying one fish for that, especially a festae that are easy to get a hold of. I would not pay that for even the best of genetics. My .02!

That's called wheeling and dealing chad! lol
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-08, 14:22

Addicted2CAs wrote:I would have to say that is insane. I paid $350 for my wild umbee pair at about 8", I would not even consider buying one fish for that, especially a festae that are easy to get a hold of. I would not pay that for even the best of genetics. My .02!

That's called wheeling and dealing chad! lol

I thought it was kinda ridiculous!

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-04-08, 14:39

Unfortunately, the price of #300 for an 8" female Festae is legit. A body of mine recently sold 2 female WC Ecuadorians for $350 and $400. The one I am getting today was offered to be bought for $400 at 7"

Now the Festae in question is an F1 and not WC, non the less, he still will probably, eventually get that much for it. There is a lot of money being thrown around for quality Festae these days.

Now I agree, this is a friendly community forum, and prices on here are suppose to be discounted some (states it in the market rules) for the Fishbox members. But unfortunately I rarely see that people do. There are a select few that follow that rule, myself included, but I have seen several things sold on here at the same price being sold on CL.

So, with that said, $300 is steep, and I would probably sell it myself at that size for no less than $200.

My Peruvian Festae F1's (the ones I have left) I am growing out and will probably sell around the 4-5" mark, and I can easily get around $50-$75 a piece for them. At 7" if they are show quality, probably $150-200.

And the Ecuadorian Festae are harder to come buy. And this is another reason I dont trust some LFS when they are selling WC 1.5" Festae for $15-20. Because there is a ban on exporting fish out of Ecuador. So more than likely those WC Ecuadorians are nothing more than tank raised who knows from where and how far the lineage goes.

I hope this helps. But agree, $300 is a lot.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-08, 15:22

Cursing ha!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-08, 15:27

haha

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-04-08, 16:13

Thats interesting madness. That somewhat makes sense with the festae craze going on as of late! That is also why I only trust a small group of people/distributors when WC and F1 are thrown around, too easy to throw that label on something and jack the price up.
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2013-04-08, 16:53

Sadly people have and will pay those kind of prices for festae. I like how nobody has an issue with the silver dollars for 400$ lol. That seemed crazier than anything else to me, but is also probably a legit price.
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2013-04-08, 17:26

Actually the price on those Wide Bar Silver Dollars isn't a bad price if they're as big as he says. When you get into the Thin or Wide Bar SD's the price goes WAY UP..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-04-08, 17:27

fish, like everything in life, are worth whatever someone will pay for them. I personally don't have disposable income, but if I did, i'd like to own all of the things he has for sale. They all seem top quality to me.

on a side note, there is a supposed w.c. festae forsale on craigslist in shelton for 50 dollars that i have been eyeing.... it has some unique colors (maroon and blue)
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-04-08, 18:48

I look at it like this, It's up the the individual to decide what they are willing to pay for an item, or sell an item for. It depends on the value you asses to the items. If you feel that thats a price you can justify, then buy them. They look nice and healthy. If you think it's to high i would suggest offering the seller less. All they can do is say no, but it might get a dialogue going and, who knows, when they can't sell it for a price you feel is to high they may come back to you and work out a deal later. There is no need to heckle someone, just move on.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-04-08, 22:27

Heckling someone for an asking price of a fish is nuts. I see that as beeing a bully. $300 bucks for an F1 Festae is also nuts but someone will buy it cause they have the money and the want. They go together very well in this hobby. Try checking out aquabid for these fish. If you find the silver dollars there you will see them go for over $500 each for that size. F1 festaes are easily going for 200 and up for that color and size. With that said, to offer full market prices on this forum is also nuts but give him credit for trying.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-08, 23:36

how is heckling over price rude?... im ALWAYS trying to save a buck. and worst case scenario they say no..
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-04-08, 23:53

heckling and haggling are two different things. you, anthraxx, are referring to haggling
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-09, 02:29

lol i JUST noticed you guys typed heckling, oops. btw pretty sure the guy selling this stuff is a member of the forum (see aclockworkorange's post)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-04-09, 08:23

Haggling is cool. We all do that. No big.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-09, 10:24

hobbyorobsession wrote:I look at it like this, It's up the the individual to decide what they are willing to pay for an item, or sell an item for. It depends on the value you asses to the items. If you feel that thats a price you can justify, then buy them. They look nice and healthy. If you think it's to high i would suggest offering the seller less. All they can do is say no, but it might get a dialogue going and, who knows, when they can't sell it for a price you feel is to high they may come back to you and work out a deal later. There is no need to heckle someone, just move on.

Plus One

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfalcons 2013-04-09, 13:41

I'd rather pay 300 dollars for that great looking Festae versus the 275 I've seen advertised for some less colorful Flowerhorns at one of our local fish stores. Actually I probably wouldn't pay that kind of coin for any fish but I can see the value in what that Festae offers.

PS you probably really don't want to know how much some of us RC airplane addicts spend on our high end stuff!

Flyfalcons
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-04-09, 13:57

Flyfalcons- actually id like to know, i have a target drone with a 10 foot wingspan thats just beeging me to resurrect it..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i cant remember which i have, the su-25 or the mig-27, its currently disassembled and wrapped in moving blankets in my storage unit

most of the electronics are still there, the motor is still present but it took a .50 cal round to the flywheel, so that, the propeller, and the ignition coil need replacing
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-04-09, 14:06

come to think of it, it is the su-25 that i have
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfalcons 2013-04-09, 14:07

For a 100cc twin cylinder engine you're probably looking at $600-$1000 plus $100 for a prop. For the electronics it really depends on how useable they are and what they're compatible with, but if you had to start over then you'd probably run four aileron servos, two elevator servos, and a rudder servo, all high torque at $130 each, plus receiver (150), batteries (150), and transmitter (600-1800 for a good one). That would be an awesome thing to see at the local RC fields; totally different from the usual 120" Extras and what not.

Flyfalcons
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfalcons 2013-04-09, 14:14

Bottom line though, there's "price" and there's "value". Just like any hobby or business, some may decide that a seemingly expensive item may have the value that justifies the price, and good on 'em for taking their enjoyment to a level that others might not go. Just as long as they take pics and videos of the fish so we can all enjoy it too. Wink

Flyfalcons
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-04-09, 14:18

Flyfalcons wrote:I'd rather pay 300 dollars for that great looking Festae versus the 275 I've seen advertised for some less colorful Flowerhorns at one of our local fish stores. Actually I probably wouldn't pay that kind of coin for any fish but I can see the value in what that Festae offers.

PS you probably really don't want to know how much some of us RC airplane addicts spend on our high end stuff!

aur golf clubs, bowling balls, baseball equipment, I mean crap their are dogs out there going for 3000 dollars apiece, you are right it's a hobby and sometimes you have to pay for something nice or top of the line.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-04-09, 14:19

i would keep the original servos on it, just replace the reciever. if this was more than a casual thing (and i had the money to throw at the thing) id place a pair of turbines or ducted fans in it to replace the motor up front...as it is, i think ill just look for a new flywheel & prop.
years ago i looked into engine parts...if memory serves me right it was a bumblebee go cart engine or something similar

its been sitting in my garage for many years...someday id like to use it as a test bed for some electronics projects ive been considering...the whole 20lb payload capacity lends itself to a lot of possibilities
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-04-09, 14:22

for real sticker shock....look at sailboat hardware!

but the real value to for anything is how much itll cost to part someone with something they have, as well as whatever anyone is willing to pay....
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-09, 14:59

HEY! I was just wondering if this Festae was worth $300! Haha...

Built 89 mustang 5.0 $7,500
06 SV1000S $5000
140gallon fish tank over 6 years $3,500+ in STUFF and fish (just this tank)

Damn hobbies.... Haha!!

Mmm_RC airplanes, me like!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down