What are some of you favorite fish websites?

5 posters

Go down

What are some of you favorite fish websites? Empty What are some of you favorite fish websites?

Post  Guest 2013-04-05, 23:53

I am looking to order some fish what are the best fish websites to look @?

Back to top Go down

What are some of you favorite fish websites? Empty Re: What are some of you favorite fish websites?

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 00:00

You shouldn't be ordering anything on-line without parental permission (Im just saying), your only 11...

Back to top Go down

What are some of you favorite fish websites? Empty Re: What are some of you favorite fish websites?

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 00:21

I'm not ordering without my parents right now I'm just looking my mom always orders for me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 00:24

I'm just looking to order some don't underestimate the power of an 11 year old Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-04-06, 00:43

So any online retailers. Use Bing or Gooogle and search "aquarium fish online retailers" or, in place of the word "retailer" you could use "store". Either way you will have the top 50 online retailers all line up and ready for your inspection. OR, you could just hit a few local stores and skip the shipping charges. Aside from ordering fish from http://tedsfishroom.com/
I never have purchased live fish online. Just doesn't seem like a good deal unless you are doing a group buy to split the shipping. I do order live plants from several places because the shipping is always cheaper and the plants are spectacular.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 00:50

Cool! tad's looks pretty vcool to thanks for your help salzabar Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-04-06, 00:59

Local fish stores rarely have fish other than the norm, and unfortunately with all the hybridizing that is going on and LFS taking these fish in, you never know if what you are buying is actually what it is. And another reason is, for example: A local fish store is selling 6" Amphilophus Trimacs for $30, (first you have to ask yourself, is it a true Trimac or is it crossed with something to try and make a Flowerhorn, and its being sold as a Trimac) (second it is being sold for $30 and I want to buy 3) . Thats $90.

Or I can buy online from Florida, and pay $20 ea, which is $60 total plus $40-$50 shipping. Yes I paid 10-$20 more. but that is worth it knowing that my new Trimacs are pure Trimac.

Plus I would probably order even more fish from Florida at half the cost of your LFS and then the shipping would all but be worth it.

Dont get me wrong, I am not hating on our LFS, I do support a couple of them, but the others are not worth my time unfortunately. If I am not getting a true species I am also getting a fish that is under fed and a high percentage of the time has internal parasites.

That is why I buy online and do several time/year. Just my 2 cents worth. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-06, 03:43

the wet spot in portland oregon has great prices, and shipping is pretty cheap to boot. 15$ flat rate to western washington.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2013-04-06, 09:13

quality fish are worth the extra money to have shipped to you. at the very least i am sure of what i have.
Freddie.
What are some of you favorite fish websites? File_zps89f6e043
Loisellie
What are some of you favorite fish websites? File_zps069c515d
Red tiger mota.
What are some of you favorite fish websites? File_zps4b57a312
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-04-06, 09:53

Because I do not have a plethora of fish stores in my area, ordering fish through the mail is the norm for me. It will also depend on what type of fish you are looking for as most of the mail orders "specialize" in certain types of fish...i.e. cichlids (even by lakes), tropicals, saltwater, etc etc.

Anthraxx wrote:the wet spot in portland oregon has great prices, and shipping is pretty cheap to boot. 15$ flat rate to western washington.

I have ordered a couple of times from Wetspot and have been very pleased with my fish. They carry quite a large selection as well as some rare and unusual fish. Anthony, the sales manager, is tops...helpful and great to work with.

Another one I have ordered from is Dave's Rare Aquarium Fish. Great service and quality of fish. I will go back to Dave again and again. He also carries many rare and unusual fish. Shipping is pricey although for those that live near an airport, it can be a little cheaper if you pick up yourself. http://www.davesfish.com/

And as Madness and Bassetman shared, when ordering on-line the hybrid vs purebred question is cleared up as the vendors I use are reputable and well-known in the aquarium/fish business.

I have also had the pleasure of purchasing some fish from another forum member as well as trading some fish with a forum member...these have been great experiences also and I'm hoping for a few more of these.

Good luck in finding your fish and enjoy the search.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 10:23

earthfish wrote:I'm not ordering without my parents right now I'm just looking my mom always orders for me Very Happy

Apologizes, just the dad in me came out when I seen your posted age Wink

I haven't ordered fish on-line yet. I know I'll be doing a group buy from Rapps with Madness and the rest of the gang at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-06, 10:28

Cool maybe I'll talk to my parents about joinng that!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down