some of my current "babies"

4 posters

Go down

some of my current "babies" Empty some of my current "babies"

Post  lloyd378 2013-03-13, 01:15

So I was originally going to ask all of you if you thought keeping a fish that's an a-hole just because you like the coloring in its tail was a legitimate reason, but as I started to take pictures of it, my other fish wanted their pictures taken too. The first pic is of the tail of the fish in question, the rest are just a hodgepodge of others I currently have swimming around. I hope you enjoy!( even with my crappy photo skills and camera) lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

some of my current "babies" Empty Re: some of my current "babies"

Post  Madness 2013-03-13, 01:37

Nice. But what is the first fish? I know its a hybrid, but of what?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-03-13, 09:49

I got it from jenreuter. A petsmart red texas...... kinda looks like a vieja /texas cross though. overall the fish is just an average looking fish, but everytime he flairs up his fins, I am amazed at how orange / yellow/ blue he is.

Did you notice the nice colors coming in on the zonatus that I got from you? It's starting to really color up
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-03-13, 11:13

Colorful fish man! That festae is looking beast, about what size now?
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-03-13, 13:32

The bifa are looking great! Spot On
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-03-13, 14:59

That Zo is starting to look great. I like the look of the female Festae too. Spot On

Your Bifa have some nice reds, once my new guys get a bit larger, I will post some pics of them. They are a new strain of Bifa from a complete different local.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-03-13, 20:18

Addicted2CAs wrote:Colorful fish man! That festae is looking beast, about what size now?

she is right at 4 inches(guessing, though might be closer to 4.5) from mouth to end of tail....

Last edited by lloyd378 on 2013-03-13, 21:08; edited 1 time in total
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-03-13, 20:19

DMD123 wrote:The bifa are looking great! Spot On
thanks, I owe it to you for sharing them!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-03-13, 20:22

madness wrote:That Zo is starting to look great. I like the look of the female Festae too. Spot On

Your Bifa have some nice reds, once my new guys get a bit larger, I will post some pics of them. They are a new strain of Bifa from a complete different local.

Yes, i love that festae.... probably the only one of my fish that i wouldn't consider selling.

I can't wait to see your bifas. but if you are waiting for them to grow like i am waiting for mine to grow, it will probably be a long time until we see some pics. lol.

Nice catching up with you at A.P. today! I am really thinking about snagging one of those umbee (never owned one before) I will see if they still have one this weekend!

BTW can you or anyone on here explain to me the multi quote feature. I click multiquote and nothing happens..... besides my ego deflating because I can't figure this out
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-03-13, 23:42

I keep forgetting to ask Mikey why that doesnt work. I believe its when you want to quote several posts and respond in one post.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-14, 00:15

lloyd378 wrote:So I was originally going to ask all of you if you thought keeping a fish that's an a-hole just because you like the coloring in its tail was a legitimate reason, but as I started to take pictures of it, my other fish wanted their pictures taken too. The first pic is of the tail of the fish in question, the rest are just a hodgepodge of others I currently have swimming around. I hope you enjoy!( even with my crappy photo skills and camera) lol!
My answer to your question would be - yes....no.....maybe? Lol! I dont think your in the wrong with any decision you make regarding your "a-hole" fish. Maybe a good reason to get another tank Wink
I fell in love with a beautiful pike cichlid once. Eventually she turned the tank into a species only tank. Destroying 5 other aggressive cichlids that I liked a lot... I eventually gave her to a friend so I could house more fish than just 1 in my tank.

madness wrote: I keep forgetting to ask Mikey why that doesnt work. I believe its when you want to quote several posts and respond in one post.

I wrote in my own HTML code... [ quote = " madness " ] , then copy and pasted your post, then [ / quote ] (without the spaces). Lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-03-14, 10:59

"Nice catching up with you at A.P. today! I am really thinking about snagging one of those umbee (never owned one before) I will see if they still have one this weekend!"

Do it! If you have any doubts feel free to stop by and check out the monster, that will be all the convincing you need! The ones at A.P. are Male/Female aswell, the poor female is in the 20gal up top and the one in the 40 is a male. Great looking umbees.

Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-03-14, 14:29

Addicted2CAs wrote:
Do it! If you have any doubts feel free to stop by and check out the monster, that will be all the convincing you need! The ones at A.P. are Male/Female aswell, the poor female is in the 20gal up top and the one in the 40 is a male. Great looking umbees.

I called him last night about them, they are currently on hold(as in he is not selling them to anybody), as he is trying to pair them up! We decided to chat on Saturday to see where he was at on them....

Maybe I can swing by and drop off those last three Africans to you too.
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-03-14, 15:50

He did mention he wanted to do it, didn't sound so serious though. Yeah Ill take them if you want to offload.
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down