fishNAbowl
Chiisai
Peylix
7 posters

Go down

My current tanks. 10g, 30g, 55g Empty My current tanks. 10g, 30g, 55g

Post  Peylix 2014-01-23, 20:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First up is my 10g. This tank originally started as a small community tank. That changed once I got my 30g. Once the 30g took over for my community I changed this tank over to a species only tank for Dwarf Puffers. I bought 3 of these little guys but sadly 2 of them were bullied to death by the other. So as it stands right now my 10g has just 1 DP who's name is Lucifer. I have tried putting an Otto in with him to keep algae at bay but he even went after him. So I planted it with Ana and since have never had an algae outbreak. Lucifer if my favorite fish out of all that I have. His personality is very unique and he even dances for me when it's feeding time.

Next up is my 30g. This tank has been my pride and joy (minus some issues that will be mentioned later) I set this tank up to be a moderate/heavy planted with a medium/high light w/ no co2. Many different fish and the scape constantly changes. Recently I had a Camallanus Worm infestation in this tank (now being treated with great success) And of course algae. I knew it was going to be a problem with how I have it set up but have been able to keep it under control. Tank stock is as follows: 2 Angels, 2 Dojo Loaches, 2 GBR's, 2 Cory Cats, 1 Otto, 1 Khulli Loach, 1 Platty, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 BGK. Plants are assorted and I don't know the names. If anyone wants to help identify them. Be my guest. =]

Now for my current project. The 55g. This tank was just recently set up last month and has been growing as I add on to it. My plan is for a medium light, medium plant, and add co2 this summer. Currently I am building a rock cave formation and am constantly changing the scape to try and find that perfect look. As it sits right now however I find to be very pleasing to the eye. The fish I have in there now are mostly temporary since most of them were given to me by a friend who is leaving the hobby. Stock as follows: 2 Sailfin Mollies, 2 Dojo Loaches, 1 Rainbow Shark, 1 Bichir, 1 Adonis Pleco, 1 Chinese Algae Eater.
The Dojo's, CAE, Bichir and RS will be traded in soon so I can stock the tank how I want. Once my 30g is treated for the worms. The 2 Angels, 2 Dojo's, BGK will be moved over to the 55g.
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

My current tanks. 10g, 30g, 55g Empty Re: My current tanks. 10g, 30g, 55g

Post  Chiisai 2014-01-23, 21:00

Very nice tanks. Have you ever considered DIY CO2 until you get a real setup? Not as good as actual tank setup but would prolly make a big differance for your plants.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-23, 21:39

Great snap shots Pelyix . Sounds like you have a plan and I like it! I also have dwarf puffers in a small tank. They chase each other around a bit but seem to get along. I also have 3 Oto's , 6 dwarf Corys and 2 black Kuhlii loaches in with the Puffers (also there is a baby chocolate bristlenose Pleco in there too... somewhere,lol) . My small tank is heavily planted. Perhaps once your plants get a bit bigger you may have better chances with tank mates. Or not depending on that fishes attitude, some fish are just mean and there is nothing we can do about it....

Love the tanks man, keep it up!!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-01-23, 23:41

Very nice share on your tanks...thanks for the tour. Sounds like you have good plans in place. Keep up the great work!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-01-23, 23:45

Very nice! Have you come up with long term plans for the adonis pleco? They are cute when little but become monsters. What type of bichir do you have?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-01-24, 00:46

I really like the look of that 10 gallon. The dark substrate is nice with all of that green.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-24, 01:30

Chiisai wrote:Very nice tanks. Have you ever considered DIY CO2 until you get a real setup? Not as good as actual tank setup but would prolly make a big differance for your plants.
Yeah actually. I have an old scuba tank in the garage. All I need is a regulator and then what ever else is needed to set it up.

DMD123 wrote:Very nice! Have you come up with long term plans for the adonis pleco? They are cute when little but become monsters. What type of bichir do you have?
Not at the moment. Hopefully when he gets large. I'll have a larger tank set up for him. =]
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-24, 11:34

Peylix wrote:
Chiisai wrote:Very nice tanks. Have you ever considered DIY CO2 until you get a real setup? Not as good as actual tank setup but would prolly make a big differance for your plants.
Yeah actually. I have an old scuba tank in the garage. All I need is a regulator and then what ever else is needed to set it up.

Your scubba tank shouldn't have the same CGA (valve) as CO2. You wouldn't be able to safely /legally fill it with compressed carbon dioXide.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-24, 20:12

fishNAbowl wrote:
Peylix wrote:

Your scubba tank shouldn't have the same CGA (valve) as CO2. You wouldn't be able to safely /legally fill it with compressed carbon dioXide.
Should have clarified that it is a co2 tank. Just a large scuba size one. It was used when we played a lot of paintball. haha
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-25, 00:44

Peylix wrote:
Should have clarified that it is a co2 tank. Just a large scuba size one. It was used when we played a lot of paintball. haha

Perfect!!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-28, 23:16

Update on the 55g. It now has a rock cave. =]
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-01-28, 23:23

Was those the rocks in question? Either way, looks good!!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Killybeys 2014-01-29, 02:55

Great looking tank! love to see other people who enjoy BGK's!!
Killybeys
Killybeys
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Peylix 2014-01-29, 23:55

fishNAbowl wrote:Was those the rocks in question? Either way, looks good!!
Yes they were. They look great in the tank.
I originally didn't plan to build the rock up and around to make a second level but it looked REALLY nice so I kept it like that.

Right now my 7" Ranbow Shark has claimed it has his. He chases anyone away who swims near the entrance. It's cute.

I'll build a smaller one for my knife in the coming weeks. Wont be too much smaller as it will be for my BGK. Though I may trade in my RS later if I can't find a suitable layout.
Peylix
Peylix
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down