My New Baby Macrostomas Bettas!! Just arrived.

3 posters

Go down

My New Baby Macrostomas Bettas!! Just arrived. Empty My New Baby Macrostomas Bettas!! Just arrived.

Post  binbin9 2013-01-29, 17:36

I got 7 of these just moment ago to the work office. I'm currently floating them in my office 3 gallon to keep the temperature stable. I cant wait to get them home to my 35, I've been cycling and prepping the water's PH with some amazonia to bring the PH down for the last few weeks month.

Look how cute they are. Once the color comes in when they get older, They will look awesome!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

My New Baby Macrostomas Bettas!! Just arrived. Empty Re: My New Baby Macrostomas Bettas!! Just arrived.

Post  binbin9 2013-02-01, 03:45

The little guys in their new home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

My New Baby Macrostomas Bettas!! Just arrived. Empty Re: My New Baby Macrostomas Bettas!! Just arrived.

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2013-02-01, 06:05

looks great! how much did you buy each for?
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-02-01, 10:25

Very nice...enjoy your new guys Very Happy
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-02-01, 12:42

I got a great deal on these because they are babies. $180 for 6 got one free =). Pairs usually run about $150. Definitely on the high end for any kind of Betta. This is only because they are very difficult to breed. The males hold the eggs for nearly a month and are prone to swallowing them.

Some photo updates. Chubby bellies!
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-05-14, 01:56

Due for an update since its been a few months since these guys arrived. All but 1 have their color and it looks like I have 4 females and 3 males. I definitely lucked out with how the sexes turned out.

Even better is that they've reached sexual maturity. Today I saw a pair break off and actually mate. I highly doubt there will be success since they are still young and in a community tank, but this is definitely a good start.

Here's the pair;

Feeding time.
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-05-14, 09:57

Love the update. They look great and have really put on some size. I liked the little standoff early on in that video at 30 seconds...maybe two males facing off? And it looks like you are having a lot of fun with them. Keep the pics and vids coming.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down