Wish me luck guys!

5 posters

Go down

Wish me luck guys! Empty Wish me luck guys!

Post  lars on 2013-01-16, 01:49

Finally back again, almost sold my tank after its bad juju busted 4 new tanks I had brought home. Sister brought me home a decent sized Oranda for christmas, bringing it to 2 golfball sized oranda, and a softball sized black moore. And while adorable, the water changes are making my blood pressure rise.

Responded to an add for a 50+gallon fish tank with stand for 75$. He sends me the measurments, and this picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This monster is 60x21x18, makes me not hate myself as much for breaking the 80g and a massive upgrade from my 46 bowfront. Gonna be the most spoiled goldies in Poulsbo!

Picking it up at 7 tomorrow, hopefully have it set up by midnight! Smile Wish me luck not breaking this sucker!
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Wish me luck guys! Empty Re: Wish me luck guys!

Post  Guest 2013-01-16, 08:43

GooOOood luck..... Very Happy

Looks like a garage find. Nice looking tank but I would take a close look at all the seals. Sitting out in the weather can advance wear and tear on silicon. Look super close at the seals and perhaps run your finger along the seals to see if any parts are coming up.

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2013-01-16, 12:15

Hey lars good luck with this tank
I still remember the last tank you and spy broke lol
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2013-01-17, 02:24

Got it home in one piece! My poor fingers were so cold I barely felt the tank crush them inbetween the stand D;

Its gonna sit out in the garage for a week full of water to test the silicone. Figure Ill make the stand all pretty in that time, stain it a cherry color or black.

Yeah that funky 75!! Hit the curb a mile from the freakin warehouse!! I just broke a 90g last month too.
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-01-17, 02:34

good call! I did that with my 125, as I wasn't sure it was going to hold water. luckily for me, it did! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Smile
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-01-17, 10:13

lars on wrote:Got it home in one piece!
cheers Clapping Woot Woot Spot On
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-01-17, 15:28

nicely done, i cant tell you how slow i was driving to bring my 125 home, like 50mph on the freeway lol. pissed off a few ppl doing it but w.e my tanks more important then w.e they may have had to do lol. GL with the refinishing just make sure to strip any existing stain off of there either thru handsanding or a stripping agent, and dont do what i did and not toss on extra coats lol, stand repels water but not in the way id like. anyhoo GL and congrats!
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2013-01-17, 17:08

I dont know how you guys get 180 gallon+ tanks home! If this tank had been an inch or two longer it wouldnt have fit in my dads explorer.

Good to know about the stain! Thanks

Finally got to see it in the light!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2013-01-17, 18:38

Lars you lucky girl nice score, how are you planning hiding this tank from the fire breathing dragon you live with?
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-01-17, 20:25

Very cool dimensions on that tank. So you responded to a 50+ gallon and ended up with almost a 100g. That is awesome! Woot Woot Your fish will love the space!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-01-17, 21:40

as for cleaning all that grime off, i found that a vinegar based windex and a razor blade (no sheath just the blade) does a good job of getting all that gunk off of there. plus the added bonus of the vinegar is you can tell when its all gone (no stench) as for the stand i would consider reinforcing at least the corners with some kinda of rigid 2x4 system. looks like that 100g tank is sitting on pressboard.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-01-17, 22:15

I agree with anthrax.... I just cleaned my tank using a vinegar approach. I filled up the tank with water, dumped in a gallon and a half of vinegar, and two days later, wiped all of the grime and whatever else was on the tank with a washcloth. I was given this suggestion by many people on here, and it worked like a charm
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2013-01-18, 00:07

Will definitely do the vinegar mixture. I don't feel like scrapping up all the squished spiders.

Picked up some black paint, and some handles for the doors, but I think I might keep it the way it is in the pics and have a little plant growing tank underneath. Need to look up how to go abouts reinforcing the stand. I haven't seen the actual inside of the stand yet, too many spiders.
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2013-01-18, 00:09

sidekicking wrote:Lars you lucky girl nice score, how are you planning hiding this tank from the fire breathing dragon you live with?
I live out with my dad now, no more dragon! Haha
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2013-01-20, 17:43

Got home from a friends house to find one of my goldies dead. Been growing her out since she was the size of a nickle. Might not keep this tank, or trade it for a 75/60.

Painting the stand today regardless!
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down