Need help cutting your terra cotta for hiding spots?

+2
lloyd378
allpapajohn
6 posters

Go down

Need help cutting your terra cotta for hiding spots? Empty Need help cutting your terra cotta for hiding spots?

Post  allpapajohn 2012-11-26, 00:01

So as a bit of a rock hound I have 4 rock saws. So I figured I would try cutting my pots in half with them. It works perfect and leaves no sharp edges. So if you are around the Olympia area and need good cuts that take less than 30 seconds to do then just ask.

Oh and hello as a new member here.

allpapajohn
Fry

Back to top Go down

Need help cutting your terra cotta for hiding spots? Empty Re: Need help cutting your terra cotta for hiding spots?

Post  lloyd378 2012-11-26, 00:06

Thanks for the gracious offer! and....

Welcome!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Need help cutting your terra cotta for hiding spots? Empty Re: Need help cutting your terra cotta for hiding spots?

Post  DMD123 2012-11-26, 11:15

I agree
Welcome!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2012-11-26, 12:15

Welcome aboard!
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2012-11-27, 02:44

Newbie-dude, you've come to this forum with giving and sharing your talents in mind. Thanks for signing up! And welcome aboard...!!
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  allpapajohn 2012-11-27, 14:39

Figured it wouldn't hurt to offer. The pots that came with my tank were crudely knocked out. But the lay so much better and have more shade than trying to put a whole one down. When I get some corys they will love all of the extra spaces to swim around.

allpapajohn
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-11-29, 12:32

I tried doing this with a hacksaw Very Happy It worked, but now I have some new hacksaw blades. 1 blade per pot is a bit spendy. Wink

The tile-cutting tool that came with my dremel does the work nicely, though it tends to meander around a bit. Thankfully, my crays don't care about ugly edges.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down