Taking some time off in Everett

5 posters

Go down

Taking some time off in Everett Empty Taking some time off in Everett

Post  SEAF 2010-06-17, 02:49

In July 2009, I had a heart attack and six-way bypass surgery. Deciding I couldn't go back to my job, on September 15, just a couple of months later, I decided to make a business of a hobby abandoned years ago for lack of time. That day, I had two small aquariums. I now have more than 45 of them set up in my home with nearly that many more for sale or awaiting my repairs. I work at this, 12-16 hours a day, six days a week. It takes nearly two hours each day just to feed my over 500 population of fish and aquatic critters. I raise and sell fish, repair and resell aquariums, and sell full-spectrum lighting products that work great for aquariums and plants.
SEAF
SEAF
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Taking some time off in Everett Empty Re: Taking some time off in Everett

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-17, 03:14

Hey and welcome to WFB! we are glad to have you. Sounds like you have a ton of knowledge on everything... thats awesome... Since you practically have almost every kind of fish, what are your favorites? what are your favorite tanks in the house? We love pictures, im sure you have a bunch! Looking forward to seeing them. Do not hesitate to ask a question, there are allot of people with tons of knowledge as well on here. always something new to learn and try!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrashSmAshley 2010-06-17, 03:15

Welcome! Sounds like you've got quite the business...congrats! Have any pics of your addiction? We'd love to see them in our Show and Tell section Very Happy
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

Taking some time off in Everett Empty When time permits

Post  SEAF 2010-06-17, 03:53

As mentioned earlier, my business keeps me extremely busy. I posted a pic in the gallery of some Bumblebees born not long ago. They are growing super fast. My Malawi Africans are probably my favorites. Wish I could find a female Blue Cobalt to mate with my male. I also have a Central American T-Bar Cichlid (male I think) that I'd like to pair up.
SEAF
SEAF
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Taking some time off in Everett Empty Wow

Post  Kingstature 2010-06-17, 13:59

I have been to this mans house several times and his fish room is awesome.. Be sure to post some pics in our "show off your Tanks" section of the forum.. I am happy you found the forum its gonna be awesome to have you here... king

Last edited by Kingstature on 2010-06-17, 14:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Kingstature
Kingstature
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-06-17, 14:35

What kind of fish do you have? Obviously you have a lot so i'm not asking you to list. But do you have mostly cichlids or do you have predators too?
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Taking some time off in Everett Empty Types of fish

Post  SEAF 2010-06-17, 15:46

I have no saltwater tanks... yet. The closest thing I have to a predator would be my 11-12" Albino Oscar or my 7-8" Jack Dempsey... probably not the kind of predators you had in mind. Had an opportunity to pick up some Piranha a few weeks ago, but I can't sell them and have no place to keep them, even with 45 running tanks.
Lots of African Cichlids and community fish... over 60 different species.
My most gratifying recent accomplishment is seeing a nine inch Tiger Oscar on the mend after his lengthy bout with hole-in-the-head disease.
I also have some small RES turtles.
Every fish I have is for sale for the right price. Most of them will be cheaper than pet store prices, larger fish and more healthy. I get attached to them when they have been around for a long time, so when people ask me, "How much for that one?", (I think, "I'm not too excited about selling that one") I give them what I think is an unreasonably high price. Sometimes they buy them anyway! I won't knowingly sell an unhealthy fish unless the buyer wants to buy him knowing he is sick. I recently sold a Flowerhorn to a man when he offered me $5 after learning that the fish had not eaten for nearly two months. (I'm not a big fan of Flowerhorns... I think they are ugly and too aggressive... just my opinion! Smile )
Most of my income is from the sale and repair of tanks.
My thanks to Kingstature for the plug! I'll try to post some pics soon.
SEAF
SEAF
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-30, 18:27

welcome to the fishy box!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down