Hey Hey People.

2 posters

Go down

Hey Hey People. Empty Hey Hey People.

Post  sandnuka 2010-04-30, 06:46

Hey,

New to the forum, followed a link on craigslist while looking for some fish to put in my newly cycled tank.... I am not new to the hobby, have raised several fish.... Freshwater cichlids like; Midas, Green Terror, Talapia, Red Devils and jack dempsey for new world... Had a frontosa tank, and a malawii tank too..... Pretty well versed, so if you have questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Anyway, I love the hobby.... excited about my new tank, I spent allot of time on the backround... a DIY, made from styrophome carved to look like rocks, then painted with concrete.... Will have some pics on here once i figure stuff out...
Thanks,

Sandnuka
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey People. Empty Re: Hey Hey People.

Post  sandnuka 2010-04-30, 07:14

Yes that profile picture was one of my KIGOMA FRONTOSAS.... loved them sooo much... sad I had to get rid of them... they went to a good store in marysville... actually they are his featured fish on 4th street just east of state ave.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-04-30, 09:20

Welcome. Great looking frontosa, I have always wanted to keep those guys. When you post the picks of your diy background add some info. I really want to try that out but I'm hesitant. Don't know what it costs, or how much work it is. Would you say its a good diy project?

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-04-30, 12:56

Oh man! My tank looks sooo awesome... I am really happy with the results..... The only negative thing that happens is the PH raises like crazy, you have to let it sit with water in it after you completed for a day or two, then do a 100% water change...... it was very easy and costs next to nothing to make...... Here is a great video I used for a step by step do it yourself awesome background.... and a pic of how mine turned out.

sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-04-30, 14:14

Welcome to the forum! We're very glad to have you Wink
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down