Blue Dwarf Gourami

2 posters

Go down

Blue Dwarf Gourami Empty Blue Dwarf Gourami

Post  Gryphon 2012-07-03, 22:49

So, I was at Wal-mart this morning picking up a few things we wanted to get and walked past their tanks in the pet department. They had what looked to be a powered blue, or just plain blue dwarf Gourami for $1.68, and he just looked so sad! I couldn't resist rescuing him from Wal-mart (normally I refuse to buy fish from wal-mart). I got him into my tank this afternoon, taking my time getting him acclimated in the bag, and keeping the lights off. He didn't eat when I fed the tank and I keep finding him laying on the bottom leaning up against the side or a decoration. I'm hoping this is just him trying to get adjusted to my tank and not him being sick.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Blue Dwarf Gourami Empty Re: Blue Dwarf Gourami

Post  Gryphon 2012-07-05, 03:00

Update: Well my Gourami seems a bit more active today, but he looks like he is struggling to stay up in the water. So far he mostly sits on the bottom and occasionally goes up. He also totally ignored food at feeding time. Anyone have any suggestions?
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-07-05, 16:50

Tried any live stuff? Small earthworms have got many a fish motivated to eat for me. Or frozen bloodworms usually will do the trick.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2012-07-05, 17:55

I used the last of my frozen bloodworms two days before I got this guy Sad I'll head out and get some more in a bit.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-07-05, 17:59

Ive had the most finicky fish that could not refuse bloodworms. Even frozen they did not seem to mind.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down