Ratlova30
hobbyorobsession
lars on
8 posters

Go down

Lets buy a sailboat! - CL Empty Lets buy a sailboat! - CL

Post  lars on 2012-06-04, 03:45

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/act/3051509965.html

I'm actually serious about this... I just don't know if THIS is the right place for it... hell, I don't know if there's ANY right place for what I have in mind.

So... here's the story, I've been thinking about killing myself (don't send me rescue emails please)...

BUT!!!!

Then I came up with an alternative plan-- but I can't do it alone, so I need a few others to help with it.

Here's the idea:
1. Sell everything we own in order to buy a large Sailboat.
2. Sail West-- and just keep sailing-- Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand, Indonesia, India, the middle east, Africa, South America... and everywhere in between.

Here are my answers to your comments:
1. "That sounds dangerous!" (answer: you're thinking about f*****g killing yourself, what's dangerous about sailing?)
2. "I don't know how to sail" (answer: you don't know how to kill yourself either, but you're going to do THAT)
3. "I don't even know you... what if you're psycho?" (answer: You're going to kill yourself! What's worse, killing yourself or a nice 5 year sail around the world with a psycho? (not that I AM... I'm not, it's just your question)) :-)
4. "Why would I want to sail off with 2 or 3 or 4 other depressed, suicidal people?" (answer: We will have ALL decided that sailing the world is a good alternative to suicide!!!)

Other objections? Just email.

Last edited by Mikey on 2012-06-06, 00:18; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ;) language)
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Lets buy a sailboat! - CL Empty Re: Lets buy a sailboat! - CL

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-06-04, 04:14

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

If you or someone you know is in an emotional distress or suicidal crisis, please call the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2012-06-04, 05:21

Plus One
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-06-04, 10:01

we all have those thoughts keep on you'll be fine.wish i had enough id take me and the gf sooo fast
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2012-06-04, 10:18

Depends, can we get some big guns mounted on this sailboat incase pirates attack?
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2012-06-04, 14:34

My wife and I met some sailing nomads from South Africa when we were on our honeymoon on St. Croix. They'd work a year, then sail around wherever for 6+ months, then work again, and sail again. I think they'd been sailing for nearly a year around the Caribbean when we met them.

That sort of lifestyle seems very appealing at times. Granted, I'm so risk-averse that I'd never try it, but if you don't really much care about where that next dollar is going to come from, the tropics may be for you. Smile A lot of folks move there and never come back...
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-06-04, 19:43

omg gryphon ur speaking my language.. but hey why fight off pirates when u can become one? capn mike sailing the savage seas with his scurvy crew.. kinda like the way it sounds lol. as for the post in general.. what kinda drugs is this guy on to post something like that... sailing around the world with strangers doesnt seem the best idea to me.. idk
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2012-06-04, 19:46

Because I don't want Navy SEALs using my head for target practice LOL
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-06-04, 20:09

Anthraxx wrote:omg gryphon ur speaking my language.. but hey why fight off pirates when u can become one? capn mike sailing the savage seas with his scurvy crew.. kinda like the way it sounds lol. as for the post in general.. what kinda drugs is this guy on to post something like that... sailing around the world with strangers doesnt seem the best idea to me.. idk

I agree but how good of an idea is killing yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2012-06-06, 00:18

Locked due to inappropriate content.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content