whats your most desired fish that you can never find in stores or online?

+7
PokeSephiroth
sandnuka
hbluehunter
Bassman42
aquaman95
DMD123
hobbyorobsession
11 posters

Go down

whats your most desired fish that you can never find in stores or online? Empty whats your most desired fish that you can never find in stores or online?

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-04-11, 15:13

I call this fish my unicorn, i can never find it in stores or stock lists in stock.

Chameleon Whiptail "Pseudohemiodon apithanos" image linked below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

post your fabled fish that your always on the hunt for but that you can't ever acquire.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

whats your most desired fish that you can never find in stores or online? Empty Re: whats your most desired fish that you can never find in stores or online?

Post  DMD123 2012-04-11, 17:11

One fish I want is a vulture catfish. Calophysus macropterus
A good sized cat but not too big to keep in my 210g.

Rapps has them in. They are $65 for a 4-5" fish / $175 for a 13-14".

Last edited by DMD123 on 2012-04-11, 17:14; edited 1 time in total
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

whats your most desired fish that you can never find in stores or online? Empty Re: whats your most desired fish that you can never find in stores or online?

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-11, 17:12

If i could llegally own one it would be a gold P.

aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-11, 17:24

Mine is the Purple Tang, you almost never see them, when you do they are 150-200 for a small!!! Had one about 8 years ago, "settled" for the Powder Blue when I finally got another Tang last year.

wow that was a big link

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassman42 2012-04-11, 20:24

Cichla Intermidia, Cichla Fogo
Bassman42
Bassman42
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2012-04-11, 20:46

Potamotrygon Boesemani Stingray, and also Cichla Fogo
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-04-11, 23:33

A pair of blond naso tangs.

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-04-12, 01:13

Tropheus moori variant..... well now there are a few local breeders of some cool ones... but not enough variety.... Wish there was a straight up African Fish Store.... maybe someday i will start one. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-07-01, 00:42

For the life of me, I still can't find any Rummynose Tetras here in Kitsap... well, I guess I haven't tried online, but I really don't like ordering pets online =\

I suppose it's not any better if you buy them from petstores since they still get shipped... eh
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  plumcuda 2012-07-01, 04:44

The pet stores in Bremerton are bleak.The best selection is Farmland and I get so mad when I go in there that I try to avoid it. Plus they charged 15.00 for german blues and they all died within a couple weeks.
I've been getting all my fish shipped from The Wet Spot out of Portland. Healthy and even with shipping cheaper. I live in Port Townsend and it's even worse.
plumcuda
plumcuda
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-07-01, 15:11

I've heard so many bad things about farmland... not only do they have poor conditions for all their pets, but they are WAY overpriced! 1 Cardinal was like $6.99

Neons were $4.99 . . . no thank you. LOL

I should check out The Wet Spot, thanks for the info plumcuda!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  iandraco 2012-07-01, 15:57

lamprolongus similis
iandraco
iandraco

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2012-07-01, 20:13

Naso2 wrote:A pair of blond naso tangs.

that can happen thru me. I make orders direct from the distributor. You can meet me at the seatac airport.

Orders in the summer is slow, however if I can put some together from several buyers to meet the min, i can do it
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  gobluecichlids 2012-07-01, 20:17

sandnuka wrote:Tropheus moori variant..... well now there are a few local breeders of some cool ones... but not enough variety.... Wish there was a straight up African Fish Store.... maybe someday i will start one. Smile

I just talked to my source and don't have to make the min requirement, I can now order more frequently , and can make it happen if I can put together about 3 boxes min. I can get one box for myself easily. A dozen adult tropheus group would do just one box.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-07-02, 14:40

realistically I am in search of a pair of severums like dmd123's(well I want the male to look like his) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-07-02, 17:17

Mine was sold as a 'gold' but it does have some characteristics of the red in it ... So a bit of a mix?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-07-02, 21:18

That is why I said if I find some I want the male to look like him with mild spotting.
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2012-07-03, 01:09

honestly i have all my most desired fish in my collection right now. no need for wants when i have such an awesome group of fish already in my tanks, however, up until i got my umbees a group of wild rio magdelena umbees were at the top of my list.
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down